• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostAbivard, on 15 January 2015 - 02:25 AM, said:

You might be on to something there.... Why shouldn't PGI regulate somethings like player populations by simply not allowing certain factions to have contracts available to units?

Well, I can see that as a last ditch kind of thing. Like if one Faction looks like it might really conquer the Inner Sphere. Otherwise I don't see it happening.

#22 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

It's not just Steiner; it's everyone dropping out.

I know it's a beta, but...it's flawed; by design, by mechanics, by the maps, by ghost drops, by etc etc etc.

#23 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 16 January 2015 - 07:30 AM, said:

It's not just Steiner; it's everyone dropping out.

I know it's a beta, but...it's flawed; by design, by mechanics, by the maps, by ghost drops, by etc etc etc.

If planets get lost by ghost drops then the complete faction has failed to defend their territory. Lets see if this is still normal when we have 3 ceasefire turns. It's called sneaky attacks and valid tactics if an army wants to conquer a planet without loosing much mechs, pilots and material.

Edited by StUffz, 16 January 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#24 Joe Psycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

we are here to help.

#25 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Don't worry, MS is here to help!

#26 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostSiR LoThaR, on 14 January 2015 - 09:16 AM, said:

At the time of this posting, I see 31 Steiner units queueing to defend an incursion from seven (7) attackers. I am personally quite fed up with my factions decision to never attack, and only defend. I may have to leave Steiner after my current contract, and go to a faction with some guts. Clearly Steiner has lost its nerve, and deserves to be over-run by the clans.

Night's Scorn attacks and attacks often. While we have had some difficult starts getting the HK units organized we have taken steps forward in this matter. We are still on the attack and currently hold 10 worlds (yes we too get ghost drops at times but we look for fights far more often than a ghost drop). We anticipate having several House Units come back on line once the 20th patch is initiated. So if you are interested in an active CW group .... we fight clan / defend against Steiner / Davion incursions feel feee to drop by.

So while we are an HK aligned unit we are an ACTIVE CW unit.

I do have to say, we at times get decent scrums with some of the Steiner units at the border so not all is lost with Steiner. We prefer to fight clans but sometimes circumstances dictate otherwise.

Just to add, SroT is a decent Steiner unit last I checked. I know there are others too.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 16 January 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#27 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

CI has not forgotten your plight. The time is now to fight!

#28 Murzao

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

Kinda hard when you have up to 7 fronts to defend and other factions (Marik and JF) only have 2. Literally have to have 3-4X the playerbase. Basically spend 100% of the time in the last hours trying to keep one planet and 3 others get ghost dropped.

I'm on vacation now so I can't spend hours at the CW end window making a difference...

Edited by Murzao, 16 January 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#29 shadowwolf jerricho

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 292 posts
  • LocationKHSA Coyote Remembered

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

KH is still drawing blood

#30 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

DHB was in full swing last night attacking a CJF planet. However they had a lot of defenders, even though we won every match they would get 2 ghost drops in while we were engaging another team. It got to be a little disheartening.

#31 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

View PostBasch, on 16 January 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

DHB was in full swing last night attacking a CJF planet. However they had a lot of defenders, even though we won every match they would get 2 ghost drops in while we were engaging another team. It got to be a little disheartening.

Nice work staying on the attack! However, how do you know the enemy were getting Ghost Drops in? Folks use this excuse a lot but I don't buy it most of the time. Did they tell you this was the case?

#32 Mr G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:26 AM

View PostMurzao, on 16 January 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

Kinda hard when you have up to 7 fronts to defend and other factions (Marik and JF) only have 2. Literally have to have 3-4X the playerbase. Basically spend 100% of the time in the last hours trying to keep one planet and 3 others get ghost dropped.

I'm on vacation now so I can't spend hours at the CW end window making a difference...

that's why focus and coordination is important. Losing a few planets on one or two fronts is ok so long as we're taking worlds on others. So get in touch with Steiner Command or Hop on Merc star or CI's TS let's all make the most effective use of the manpower we have.

#33 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 16 January 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

Don't worry, MS is here to help!

Wait, y'all came back? Short Ghost Bear contract, huh? :)

#34 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

Is anyone outside of CI and MS actually playing CW for Steiner? MS spent most of last night just defending against Wolf. Couldn't stop em. Need more folks.

#35 Dragon Fetladral

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

SRoT, CI put up hellacious defenses last night in CW as well.

#36 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

Dropped as solo with [MS] once or twice. The solo experience has actually improved somewhat.

#37 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

Last night? Last night I pubbed out in Crabs. I'm guessing others did as well...not surprised CW was a little empty.

#38 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

Im lvling my crabs in CW, is way more fun!

#39 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

I don't think they were getting ghost drops. The new system flashes a fancy button that, like an angler fish, lures in unsuspecting pugs to go against the likes of the 12 man groups. Last night we had one 12 man to the south, one to the east, and three to the north. They were creaming any puggles on their way to domination.

#40 Basch

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 17 January 2015 - 01:48 AM, said:

Nice work staying on the attack! However, how do you know the enemy were getting Ghost Drops in? Folks use this excuse a lot but I don't buy it most of the time. Did they tell you this was the case?

We were watching the counter plant thing, so ether a pug group got stomped in less then 10 min or a ghost drop. Towards the end it was just us defending 1 point. I could be wrong but thats my theory any ways.

Edited by Basch, 23 January 2015 - 09:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users