84 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

Attention MechWarriors of the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery!

The introduction of Community Warfare in MWO has heralded an age of battle in the Inner Sphere that requires a Faction's units to band together and fight as one. In this spirit, the organized units of House Kurita have formed the DCMS High Council. This High Council is formed of active, engaged units that will become the core of a strong Combine.

The High Council will conduct weekly votes on the active fronts that the DCMS units will focus on. Individual unit drop commanders will still retain the tactical initiative and control, the High Council is utilized as a strategic command.

The High Council will resolve any internal DCMS friction or issues utilizing the non-involved council members. All issues will be resolved in a transparent and upright manner.

Official DCMS diplomats will be appointed by the High Council to continue and start dialogues with all of the allies and enemies of the Combine. These diplomats will present proposals to the High Council, work out ceasefires/treaties, and convey the High Council's wishes to their contacts.

The current DCMS High Council is composed of the following members:

Reitmeier, 11th Legion of Vega (11th)
Prophetic, Night's Scorn (NS)
MastaChang10, 9th Sword of the Dragon (9SD)
Mah Kraah, 36th Dieron Regulars (36th)
Socops, North Kuritan Volunteer Army (NKVA)

Official DCMS Ambassadors:

Pwnface
Reitmeier
CrockdaddyAoD
callmejon

The current High Council wants active House Kurita units to join and contribute. Additional council member slots will be added and we want to have many units involved. Please join www.house-kurita.enjin.com to register your unit and get in contact with the council. For those wanting to fight with the DCMS on the CW battlefield, join us on our Team Speak server at house-kurita.enjinvoice.com (no password) We look forward to seeing you soon!

Edited by Lord Ikka, 27 February 2015 - 03:16 AM.

#2 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

Cool. Point us at the enemy and let us do some shootin'.

#3 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

to any other merc units that are kurita or planning on going kurita, i urge you to get in contact with the high council so that we are moving as one and can smash some faces :)

Edited by Stealth Raptor, 18 February 2015 - 08:10 PM.

#4 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

It sure would be nice to get more units active in CW. The last few weeks have been rough for our House.

#5 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostNotMwHighlander, on 14 January 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

[Redacted]

Generalized statements like this bring shame to the dragon.

Edited by John Wolf, 22 January 2015 - 07:03 AM.
Moderated Quote

#6 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

I can see where he's coming from. I'm in it with Kurita for the long haul, but there are a lot of Kurita units that take an approach that is a bit too devil-may-care for my tastes, and seem to have all but quit playing CW.

Their perspective is more of a selfish "It takes too long to drop so it's not fun" one, with the expectation that PGI is going to reset the map at some point and/or that boycotting CW means that they'll "Fix" community warfare.

I'm looking at some other reforming units, but they're still a little small due to many players jumping ship while MWO was under IGP's reigns, meaning that it's highly unlikely I'll be able to participate in CW with them in the near future.

Of course, I'm more concerned about why we have as many flaky units as we do, compared to the other factions. It would save us a world of grief if units that didn't want to play CW dropped the Kurita banner and went to being Merc/Lonewolves so that our "Numbers" aren't artificially boosted.

Edited by ice trey, 16 January 2015 - 12:42 AM.

#7 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

[Redacted]

I'm a little disappointed and confused by this statement. The intent of the council is to enable HK units to stand together and fight as one, rather than as a collection of disconnected units doing their own thing.

You say that HK units are being "difficult"... These units would be "difficult" if they preferred to argue instead of acting together.

You say that HK units are "non-aggressive"... yet on many weekends you see the larger units attempting to beat back the clans.

You say that HK units are "incompentent"... yet our winning record as organized teams within CW proves to the contrary.

You say that HK units are "inactive"... yet we have new recruits coming to all the major units at a fast pace and events and practices, as well as CW are filling fast.

And finally... you say HK units are "dischonorable"... but to be honorable you must put yourself secondary to the cause. The larger and more established units have come to realize the the only way to move forward as a house is to move together in one cause and one direction. I'm sorry that The Remnant cannot straight dictate the front and course of the house offensives, but that's how it works. We didn't agree with you on your proposed assault on Davion, as many feel it's not the right time for that course of action, and this is the reaction?

-k

Edited by John Wolf, 22 January 2015 - 07:04 AM.
Moderated Quote

#8 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

I am highly disappointed to inform any units reading this post that The Remnant Mercenaries will no longer be taking any contracts with House Kurita. As much as I love the Faction itself, its player base and units within are far too difficult, non-aggressive and simply put incompetent within Community Warfare's current State.

Sorry, that i could not accept this points. As a part of the 36th Dieron Regulars i can say we are not incompentent. We are not a pro gaming unit but far away from be incompentent.

If you wants you can read this post: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4093765

In the history we conquered planets in the EU prime time like Misery to 100% but it could not be hold because the current ceasefire rule.

We had here 4 EU (german) DCMS units with 100-200 Member but we could only slow down the incomming enemy troops.

At this point many EU players from all houses/clans/unit not longer playing CW because you cannot influce the Map.

The 11th Legion of Vega, 11th Alshain Avengers, the Mercs and my unit the 36th Dieron had also this problem but many of our mates stay in service and do what we can.

As i wrote in the other thread, i wish you and your unit only the best but in need to say also: "That was not nice, Sir!"

But i wrote also i hope to see you back in the HK in the future.

Edited by paxmortis, 15 January 2015 - 10:21 AM.

#9 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

Posted Image

#10 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Great to see the High Council in full bloom. I am sure this will bring out some of the playerbase within HK to show up again with some good coordination.

Here is some space bacon from our vaults to stock your HIgh Council conference room with. Please enjoy:
Posted Image

#11 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

Thank you very much!

-k

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Pugged a bit on Kurita border this morning. Even some members of Kurita units were there to just farm. No interest in tactics, never tried to get past the gate, about 1/3rd the team was generally just there to try and get some kills. No interest in even trying to win.

Some members of actual units doing that - Kurita and Steiner units. There isn't an organizational issue for that. Winning involves, you know, trying to win. Rest of us got the ogens mostly cleared but essentially the whole match was 8 v 12. What shocked me was that one of them was from an actual Kurita house unit. No intention of winning at any point, he was there to farm. I can almost see Steiner units doing it - I mean effectively throwing matches on your enemies border is one way to do it, right? Yet intentionally throwing matches on your own border....

You want to know why nobody else comes up with any regularity to help defend? This really is it. I understand that new players and new pugs are going to be bad. You can make allowances for that. When even the people who should help carry are absolutely not there to win but just try and get some kills there's no way to win.

The best and most heartfelt thing I can say is make sure every Kurita unit is there to win, on their own border or someone elses, every time they show up. Not trying to be offensive here but at present when I pug on any Clan border and see a Kurita or even many Steiner tags, I have to operate under the assumption that they can not be counted upon. More than anything else the best thing a 'council' can do is help fix that. If we can simply have someone to contact and say 'hey, I was pugging on Kurita/SJ border and X player from Y unit was absolutely sandbagging' that would be a good thing. How his unit deals with it isn't my concern but just the knowledge that if someone isn't going to try it gets back to them might help change that. Even if it's for example Steiner unit on the Kurita border or vice versa it's not unreasonable to expect them to show up to WIN, not FARM and lose. That affects how other people view the faction as a whole, how willing they are to help pug for them and even how merc units view those factions as a worthwhile place to work.

Coordinating your units is awesome and a huge step. Helping ensure that everyone else feels you are holding your own to a reasonable standard would help a lot and increase the number and caliber of people who come fight for you and with you.

#13 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

Welcome Scoops (Socops in-game) from North Kuritan Volunteer Army (NVKA) as the newest member of the High Council.

The DCMS grows stronger every day!

#14 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

congrats to NKVA :D you guys have done us proud

#15 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 27 January 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

Welcome Scoops (Socops in-game) from North Kuritan Volunteer Army (NVKA) as the newest member of the High Council.

The DCMS grows stronger every day!

Many thanks to all the associated Kurita units we've met in our brief time here. While NKVA tend to be stranger than most units, I speak for all of us here when we say House Kurita has the best community here in MWO, and we couldn't be prouder to be part of it.

#16 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

#17 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 28 January 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Everything else aside, that is hilarious.

#18 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 28 January 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

You're just jealous cause your waifu lost the Fedcom civil war.

#19 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostChefGerstmann, on 28 January 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

You're just jealous cause your waifu lost the Fedcom civil war.

Posted Image

#20 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostGattling Fenn, on 28 January 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Sorry, low blow, you're right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users