Why Has Rasalhague Stopped In Its Tracks?

30 replies to this topic

#21 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:01 PM

Good effort by the FRR today - I was able to get some 12-mans going attacking when Hermagor was 40% ours, but Ghost Bear ghost drops started turning it around underneath us while we were in match.

I haven't won a CW match in almost a week - it seems that when our mercs are away our loyalists can't hold their own and win matches. It would probably behoove us to hold some meetings to discuss and review tactics, and invite liasons from QQ, 228, and others who sympathise with our situation.

It doesn't help that we don't have enough loyalists to field a 12-man every attack phase, and if we do, they're not coordinating with us on the FRR hub, and that would help tremendously. Personally, I can't wait for faction grouping to come along, it will give us our chance to mobilise effectively when we are outnumbered and outgunned like this.

#22 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostTarogato, on 16 January 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Good effort by the FRR today - I was able to get some 12-mans going attacking when Hermagor was 40% ours, but Ghost Bear ghost drops started turning it around underneath us while we were in match.

I haven't won a CW match in almost a week - it seems that when our mercs are away our loyalists can't hold their own and win matches. It would probably behoove us to hold some meetings to discuss and review tactics, and invite liasons from QQ, 228, and others who sympathise with our situation.

It doesn't help that we don't have enough loyalists to field a 12-man every attack phase, and if we do, they're not coordinating with us on the FRR hub, and that would help tremendously. Personally, I can't wait for faction grouping to come along, it will give us our chance to mobilise effectively when we are outnumbered and outgunned like this.

Tarrogato... we dropped against a 228 12man on cold hold and gave them a damn good fight for us being a mixed drop, then we dropped on a cold attack against a -MS- 12 man led by Tony, we did drop all the o-gens, not a bad showing for another mixed drop.

The Only Merc units the FRR has right now are SoR and Phoenix Legion, which for all intents and purposes are FRR loyalists. Indeed we are down to only a few 12 mans, some of which are EU based, that doesn't mean we start acting like Clan Wolf.
Your getting very negative about the situation and I can't help but wonder if you aren't embellishing the gloom a little to much,.
You haven't won a CW drop in a weeks time? I know for a Fact that isn't so for we have been in drops together this last week where our team has won! Two of those drops it was almost all pugs on our team and one victory with pugs our side was against a CGBI team 10-man.

Of course we are going lose some worlds, and we are going lose occasional fights as well,considering the caliber of some of our opponents.

None of us are FRR because we thought it would be easy street, The merc units you mention it might behoove us to Liaison and meet with, have been doing just that all this time, if you had joined in you might have noticed it.

#23 Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 14 January 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

There are a few factors I see that are affecting FRR's success:

1. Clan Wolf seems to not be fighting back and many units do not bother attacking Wolf because they do not want to partake in ghost drops/turret warrior online. CGB now has strong populations again, which is overwhelming FRR forces and some units are feeling like it is a hopeless cause to try and fight over a planet that has a 2:1 ratio or more of CGB to FRR.

2. Less units fighting with FRR: Steel Jaguar went to CSJ, Lords went to CGB. Tomorrow, QQ Mercs and 228th will be signing new contracts for 1 or 2 weeks, sadly leaving The FRR in a weaker position. Please accept my apologies on behalf of QQ Mercs. We will be back in the future to fight alongside the many friends we have here!

3. Attacks are not firing off because of lack of interest by 12-man teams in maintaining ghost drops against a Clan planet. I understand this... there is no glory in empty battles and I agree with that sentiment, but it is necessary to do this in order to entice the Clan to put up a defense and have some fights on a front that WE want to have. Know that CSJ and CGB are allies and so you are going to encounter defenders from these 2 factions. Wolf seems to not have as much help, so it is an easier target and once that only has to worry about Steiner and possibly CGB.

4. Solo players and small units are not making the effort to get on the FRR TS Hub and take advantage of comms. The lack of comms = higher failure rate. If you are not in a 12-man, then sign into the FRR TS and be a part of the community. Your CW experience will be much better when you are not flying solo. If you don't care about teamwork, you may want to consider taking your Mechs to the solo queue.

A side note about CW performace: Over the course of a match you should be able to hit a match score of at least 100 and 1000+ damage. If you are not hitting these numbers (save for cases where there is a zerg rush win on the Generators in wave 1-2), then you need to reflect on what you are not doing to perform for the team. Is it because of your Mech choices? Positioning? Aim? Dying too quickly? Once you accept advice on how to improve your CW effectiveness, you will see much improved results. Take advantage of the resources available to you within these forums or on reddit.

Good luck to all of you loyal to The FRR and remember that the best approach is offense first. It is better to trade planets than split efforts between 2 planets and be unsuccessful on both fronts.

Good advice.

#24 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostAbivard, on 17 January 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

Tarrogato... we dropped against a 228 12man on cold hold and gave them a damn good fight for us being a mixed drop, then we dropped on a cold attack against a -MS- 12 man led by Tony, we did drop all the o-gens, not a bad showing for another mixed drop.
Though well fought, it sounds as though these battles were lost, and it shows that there is still more to do in educating the KungsArmé such that it can win its battles consistently. We may be outnumbered by the clan invasion, but it is within our abilities to win the battles necessary to curb the onslaught, one front at a time.

Your getting very negative about the situation and I can't help but wonder if you aren't embellishing the gloom a little to much.
This gloom, quite frankly, doesn't need embellishment. We're losing territory on three+ fronts and with our combined and concentrated efforts we can't seem to hold even the single border we are focusing solely on. This is not negativity, this is fact. If I wanted to be negative about it, I would have declared this war a lost cause and left to join another faction. But that is not the case - I believe in the strength of the independent space vikings. We are fully capable of fighting toe to toe with the most formidable of the clans, we simply need to be at our best to do it, and it's that level of coordination and tactical proficiency that I would to see coming from us. We are not there yet, but we are so close, and I simply wish to do everything I can to bring us closer to that goal.

The merc units you mention it might behoove us to Liaison and meet with, have been doing just that all this time, if you had joined in you might have noticed it.
As someone who has been very active in the community for the past month, both on the forums, in game, and on Teamspeak, I have not heard about any such meetings, nor do I think have any of my unitmates, who likely would have informed me, though I can't speak for them. I seek proven battlefield strategies that I can share with members of my unit and discuss with my superiors, as well as being able to enact them against clan forces when I find myself alone among the puggles.

#25 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:20 AM

I'll see if we (the Phoenix Legion, that is) can regularly send an officer to the FRR Hub. We have been neglecting the central hub for too long and may have missed some chances of a better coordination here.

#26 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

#27 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

CI, MS, 228 all left FRR there went your whole offensive.

#28 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:32 AM

View PostBeo Vulf, on 18 January 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

CI, MS, 228 all left FRR there went your whole offensive.

MS has NEVER been FRR they are CGB/steiner flipfloppers, CI was with FRR for 1 week way at the start of CW, since then they and MS have stuck together like glue.

228 was Kurita, then Steiner, it served the FRR for 1 week over a week ago and is at present with CSJ, where they have been for the last 3 or 4 days.

Outside 228's and CI's brief 1 week stays with the FRR all these units you name have been Fighting against the FRR faction.

A truer statement would be,
"With some of the largest and best Merc units aligned against the smallest IS faction, The FRR's offenses have stalled at present."

Edited by Abivard, 19 January 2015 - 03:34 AM.

#29 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

228 was contracted for 2 weeks, and you shouldn't leave out QQ. They've been doing their best to hold off as much as possible.

#30 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Wolf took back a few of our planets recently. Some of us have been trying to get back in the spirit of CW but honestly its just so dull right now.

If this coming patch brings something amusing I know my unit has the ability to throw 2+ 12 mans at you on average. :)

That said, CW is still pretty dull right now but if it turns around a bit in terms of fun you'll probably see a 6+ full wolf teams throw themselves at you again. Kinda a big if at this point.

#31 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

OLD has signed its second 28 day contract with FRR. We'll continue to do our grumpiest to keep the bottle bred young whippersnappers off the Rasalhague lawn!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users