Why Has Rasalhague Stopped In Its Tracks?

30 replies to this topic

#1 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

What happened to our great offensive?

Posted Image

Clan Wolf has been beaten to a pulp, we're not facing aggression from Steiner... it's just us and Ghost Bear now.

So why aren't we attacking effectively? We're wasting time in the defensive queues - stop it. We gain nothing from defending. Tomorrow I hope we'll renew our push against Ghost Bear. Just because CI and -MS- are back doesn't mean we have to curl up in a little ball and garrison up our planets. Push back!

If our leadership would like to organise an all-or-nothing push on CSJ, CW, or CJF instead of CGB, be my guest - so long as we're mobilised efficiently. Today we spent significant resources on Goito... then just gave up and went to Star's End and accomplished nothing there as well.

Edited by Tarogato, 14 January 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#2 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

1) Star's End is in both the FRR and Steiner queue. Airgo, both Steiner AND Rasalhague can attack to planet - so it's not necessarily FRR players dropping there.
2) Our attacks get overwhelmed towards the critical hours and we're eventually worn down to a defensive action. Where we can drop 4-5 groups they can drop 6-7 in the same time, racking up the ghost wins. We start on the attack but can't fight against the Ghost wins. When they switch over to attacking us, it's all we can do to stop them.
3) If you'd like to be a part of the overall coordination, please feel free to drop in the FRR TS Hub. Near the top we have the 'Council' Section where we try and organize. If you have a unit, register with the Allting Council and post there.

Fact is, we're fighting. Hard. We are not always going to have the resources - according to the current game structure - to fight it out with our enemies, and Ghost Bear is the most popular unit. Plus, during our week-plus our offensive we had a lot of units sign on for a week long contract only (including the Smoke Jags). We'll continue to fight, but facts are facts. We're going to win at times, we're going to lose at times.

The important thing is we must always keep in mind 2 Philosophies:
1) Never Give Up.
2) Never complain about our situation.

We are the underdog. We're supposed to get wiped out. The Lore has signed our death warrant. It's up to us to decide just how glorious that death will be. Will we go crying silently into the night about the unfairness of the Meta like so many others? Or will we fight on in spite of the odds and be remembered as the jack***** who never rolled over and just died like the others?

To each their own, but I'm not going to start a public thread every time we start losing.

#3 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

The coordinators have not been around and mob mentality took over the strategic direction of resources on the FRR's side.
The opposite is occurring on the clan side. Even Clan wolfs belly-up posture is well organized and enforced.

No FRR should be dropping in defense, and specially not in defense of Steiner worlds under CJF attack, Steiner is an FRR enemy, a rather active one at that.

It seems however that some rather large unit premades wearing FRR colors are doing just that, defending Steiner against CJF and not attacking CW or CGB, nor even defending the FRR world under clan attack.

There are also to many solos and small premades from FRR doing the same. CJF has still has very uber units with it and you aren't going find any walk overs there.

The noticeable thing about the clan/Steiner border is the rarity of seeing Steiner tagged players on defense and little indication of any attacks upon clan targets. Many Steiner attacks occur against non clan worlds however.

Of course the seemingly low population playing CW, the horrible MM system and queue time doesn't help one bit either.

But we can not switch focus away from Clan wolf or Clan Ghost bears! they must always be under attack, always, and never attack anyone else unless the whole FRR is together on it.

Edited by Abivard, 14 January 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#4 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

There are a few factors I see that are affecting FRR's success:

1. Clan Wolf seems to not be fighting back and many units do not bother attacking Wolf because they do not want to partake in ghost drops/turret warrior online. CGB now has strong populations again, which is overwhelming FRR forces and some units are feeling like it is a hopeless cause to try and fight over a planet that has a 2:1 ratio or more of CGB to FRR.

2. Less units fighting with FRR: Steel Jaguar went to CSJ, Lords went to CGB. Tomorrow, QQ Mercs and 228th will be signing new contracts for 1 or 2 weeks, sadly leaving The FRR in a weaker position. Please accept my apologies on behalf of QQ Mercs. We will be back in the future to fight alongside the many friends we have here!

3. Attacks are not firing off because of lack of interest by 12-man teams in maintaining ghost drops against a Clan planet. I understand this... there is no glory in empty battles and I agree with that sentiment, but it is necessary to do this in order to entice the Clan to put up a defense and have some fights on a front that WE want to have. Know that CSJ and CGB are allies and so you are going to encounter defenders from these 2 factions. Wolf seems to not have as much help, so it is an easier target and once that only has to worry about Steiner and possibly CGB.

4. Solo players and small units are not making the effort to get on the FRR TS Hub and take advantage of comms. The lack of comms = higher failure rate. If you are not in a 12-man, then sign into the FRR TS and be a part of the community. Your CW experience will be much better when you are not flying solo. If you don't care about teamwork, you may want to consider taking your Mechs to the solo queue.

A side note about CW performace: Over the course of a match you should be able to hit a match score of at least 100 and 1000+ damage. If you are not hitting these numbers (save for cases where there is a zerg rush win on the Generators in wave 1-2), then you need to reflect on what you are not doing to perform for the team. Is it because of your Mech choices? Positioning? Aim? Dying too quickly? Once you accept advice on how to improve your CW effectiveness, you will see much improved results. Take advantage of the resources available to you within these forums or on reddit.

Good luck to all of you loyal to The FRR and remember that the best approach is offense first. It is better to trade planets than split efforts between 2 planets and be unsuccessful on both fronts.

#5 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

All FRR units should be attacking. If they are defending then they are taking up places in the queue that Southern Houses could fill. If you attack you either gain a planet or not. If all you do is defend you can either lose a planet or not. Therefore if all you do is defend your faction WILL shrink.

#6 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 14 January 2015 - 11:49 PM, said:

Tomorrow, QQ Mercs and 228th will be signing new contracts for 1 or 2 weeks, sadly leaving The FRR in a weaker position. Please accept my apologies on behalf of QQ Mercs. We will be back in the future to fight alongside the many friends we have here!

Regardless, thanks for all the advice and help throughout the past 2 weeks Karp! We'll try to hold the lines while you're gone!

#7 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

"Why the attack stalled?" I feel the last couple weeks were awesome.

Starting today we have a Jade Falcon attack on us. I preferred fighting Clan Wolf. Now the pain will start again. With our mercs leaving it will be reminiscent of two weeks ago. I will fight but I am pragmatic about our chances.

#8 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostCerlin, on 15 January 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Starting today we have a Jade Falcon attack on us. I preferred fighting Clan Wolf. Now the pain will start again. With our mercs leaving it will be reminiscent of two weeks ago. I will fight but I am pragmatic about our chances.

Yes we attacked Romulus and maybe pushing into the FRR, operation drunk falcon is in full effect. You never know where we will attack, we may zig zag back to Steiner territory or just plow right through to fight the dragon , who knows

#9 0verClock

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

I'll wait for the next patch before start attacking again..

#10 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostCerlin, on 15 January 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

Ignore JF, attack Wolf. If people in the other Houses see there is room for defenders they will come. If you are defending, they will not come and you will not be able to attack.

#11 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostDavers, on 15 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Ignore JF, attack Wolf. If people in the other Houses see there is room for defenders they will come. If you are defending, they will not come and you will not be able to attack.

You won't be able to ignore us when we open a 3rd front of attack for the clans, we are at your gates , Romulus is ours and FRR territory is just a jump away

#12 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 15 January 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

You won't be able to ignore us when we open a 3rd front of attack for the clans, we are at your gates , Romulus is ours and FRR territory is just a jump away

At Marik's gates already? Damn, I knew without plot immunity Steiner and Davion would just crumble! Oh well, time to put on the big boy pants and save the IS! :D

Edited by Davers, 15 January 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#13 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Beware Facons and not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Seriously though I do pop in the FRR TS when I get the chance to game. Often my group is unable to play so I go hunting to see who is dropping. Faction drops will be such a boost.

Being a merc at heart I admit to owing no allegiance to any god or government. But fighting for the doomed underdog of canonical lore is fun :)

#14 Tunes of war

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostDamon Howe, on 15 January 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

Regardless, thanks for all the advice and help throughout the past 2 weeks Karp! We'll try to hold the lines while you're gone!

phoenix legion will stay to defend the FRR for at least two more weeks

Edited by Tunes of war, 15 January 2015 - 11:09 AM.

#15 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

A little bit of advice for anybody solo dropping and reading this:

Instead of going to the FRRhub and waiting around looking for a group, drop onto the designated planet when it shows a number that is just shy of a multiple of 12 (numbers like 10, 11, 23, 34, 46, 59 for instance) You'll very likely be put in a match rather quickly if not instantly and you can request the TS sever info from the unit that predominates the team.

This is because many FRR units still do not use the FRR hub:
[ISEN]
[SoR]
[BnI]
[MRDR]
[BVNJ]
[PHL]
[VRGD]
[-SO-]
[BoR]
[QQ]
[228]
[ASE]

So if you see one of those units, expect them to be on a private server.

I also request that any members of those units reading this also bookmark the FRR Hub so they can easily move to it when they are matched with other FRR members who are interested in collaborating (which should be everybody).
frrhub.tk:9725 ___ pw:Dragon

The Hub is there for our use, we should be taking advantage of it more like many of the other factions are doing.

Edited by Tarogato, 15 January 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#16 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

I dont know is people waiting for 20th day updated at EU TZ.
We tried to drop at Goito.
We got 1 player to defender queue!
Its not playing, when you sit hours to looking 10 min timer and its meaningless, because, it wont affect to anything, because of Ceasefire time.
We also tried to drop at Stars end.
No organized unit at defender side.
Its kind hard to "hold planet" when you need to attack, to get contact at opponent...

So where is EU TZ CW players?

Other hand, I have seen lots FRR people at different game modes...
And I see handful of guys at FRR TS.

#17 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:23 PM

CSJ territory currently looks like a Yoshi. You leave it alone if you wanna live. :P

#18 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:40 AM

The FRRHub TS is meant to be a faction wide resource for Units and solo players aligned with the FRR. Sub-channels for units can be created if needed.

Having more than one TS channel open at a time is not at all difficult to do, Units are highly encouraged to send a Liaison over where they can easily speak to liaisons from other FRR aligned units.

We all know to solo drop is less efficient than to drop as a premade, in CW we must take that to the next step, It is far more efficient for premades to coordinate than to drop "Solo" and chaotically.

#19 Troopie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 120 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostM A S E, on 15 January 2015 - 11:23 PM, said:

CSJ territory currently looks like a Yoshi. You leave it alone if you wanna live. :P

Was this invite?

#20 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostTroopie, on 16 January 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

Was this invite?

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users