Dawn Of A New Beginning Between Csj, Cgb And Eventually The Rest Of The Clans And Inner Sphere

729 replies to this topic

#1 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:40 AM

SIXTH TITLE AND POST: [DAWN OF A NEW BEGINNING BETWEEN CSJ, CGB AND EVENTUALLY THE REST OF THE CLANS AND INNER SPHERE] - I have asked Galaxy Commander III Mordin Ashe to join me in a "Level-20" Community Warfare Council to better advise PGI on all matters relating to Community Warfare... not just Invasion Mode,

AND RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING let me make it know that my future Thread on this topic will ALWAYS be inclusive of ALL constructive comments NOT only those of MWO gamers who have seen fit and had the opportunity to achieve Level-20 in Community Warfare.

BUT UNLIKE the exclusionary domains of select Unit Commanders where Only the points of view of a handful carry inordinate weight and unrestricted access to EXCLUSIVE REDE ROOM strategy decision threads...

I intend for ALL CW gamers to have an opportunity to focus on issues facing CW-writ-large rather. Though I must admit, I will have a tendency to vest more credibility in gamers who have completed the Level-20 journey with me.

Just as I would NEVER pretend to know more about COMP gaming than any PGI-recognized high level COMP Gamer, I trust that the repetition of CW needed to reach CW Level-20 will engender certain perspectives in any Gamer so fortune as having the time and intent to reach for that particular mark of distinction.

HOWEVER, once a viewer (with his Forum Faction Rank turned "on") becomes a post contributor, he or she quickly proves or disproves by his/her own words the value of their comments.

I look forward to your comments here, in our CSJ/CGB thread, about the viability of such a proposition.

Perhaps I will start such a thread now that there is at least one other Level 20 Known to me (though I hear of one other CGB, one CJF and 4-Inner Sphere gamers who are themselves close to attaining CW Level-20.)

Or perhaps I will decide to wait until there are a hundred or more CW Level-20 gamers before pursuing a future version of my proposal here.

Yes, I look forward to ALL input on how best to craft such uniquely aligned CW feedback to PGI now... here while we are still deep in BETA.

FIFTH TITLE AND POST: [CSJ / CGB / CW - Loyal Mercenary Corps Unit FULL EMPLOYMENT] - (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4239091) When there is a single Inner Sphere attack option, it has been proven RIGHT and PROPER that Clan Mercenary Corps Units should look to "dual", "practice" and run "training exercises" against fellow Mercenary Corps Units (and any loyalists who which to join) on neighboring Clan worlds. In the normal course of events it is common practice for these worlds to change hands one, two or three times over the course of a month.

It is NOT a declaration of War, nor should it be looked on as such for Mercenary Corps Units to first liberate all available Inner Sphere Worlds, and then move along smartly to offer combat at all available Clan Worlds.

The road to Terra is long and hard.

Much practice and many training exercises are required to ensure optimal readiness of forces for both the upcoming Battle of Tukayyid as well as the eventual Battle of Terra.

COME JOIN US ON THE MARCH TO TERRA,,, take all Inner Sphere Worlds and then offer combat at available Clan Worlds.

FIFTH TITLE AND POST [Why does the CW Algorithm HATE Clan Ghost Bear?] - Currently Clan Ghost Bear has wide, wide borders with both House Kurita and FRR... but for the current 8-hour NA-cycle, Clan Ghost Bear has ONLY TWO attack options:

ATTACK OPTION ONE - Clan Smoke Jaguar

ATTACK OPTION TWO - Clan Wolf

ATTACK OPTION THREE - Does Not Exist!!!

why?

Why?

WHY?

FOURTH TITLE AND POST [New CGB / CSJ Dynamic Now Mutually Realized] - During the just completed Euro-cycle, VRGD first TAG'ed the Kurita world of Leiston in accordance with a request made to them, and then proceeded to TAG the Clan Ghost Bear world of Babuyan.

Yes, CSJ returned the favor of previous day's end gaming by CLAN GHOST BEAR UNITS -MS- and CI.

And given the fact that #GamersNeed2Game ( an argument often used by CGB Leadership), I find this to be RIGHT and PROPER as the taking of Babuyan in NO WAY obstructs the admittedly intermittent CGB Attack Vector into House Kurita.

In similar fashion, I fully expect and now condone CGB (once it has secured its House Steiner Attack Option to meat CSJ forces on the field of honorable battle on the Clan Smoke Jaguar world of Keisen. These combats for rear area worlds, keep BOTH Clans practiced and prepared for future Inner Sphere combats.

If there be any question, I will endeavor to answer them in a timely manner.

THIRD TITLE AND POST [Heroic and Valiant CGB opens a House Kurita Front] - After a brief and all too unfortunate time of having been forced to attack CSJ, CGB now has an Attack vector into House Kurita Space, the Kurita planet of Caldrea (https://mrbcleague.com/cw/index.html#) is vulnerable to CGB liberation efforts.

Yesterday's multiple in-game discussions/matches with 19th Level Clan Ghost Bear Galaxy Commander II, Mordin Ashe convinced me of the brutal necessity of CGB actions. While I will continue to lament our mutual failures at negotiated settlement and repatriation. The process is now rendered null and void given that today CGB has the Kurita world of Caldrea as one of their attack options.

The first post to discuss this Title Change and rationale is: TBD

SECOND TITLE AND POST [CGB (-MS-) Steals Another Planet From CSJ] - -MS- Ghost Dropped a planet with 9 cowardly and consecutive Ghost Drops. Rather than negotiate, -MS- unilaterally stole a planet... apparently with full CGB acquiescence.

While no rear area planet is worth increase Clan Enmity... failure to be held responsible for the actions of its Mercenaries continues to degrade trust in CGB and goodwill earned in past times. . Where as Smoke Jaguars like myself are more than ready to stand responsible for world CSJ Mercenaries seize from our Clan Trothkin, working to build consensus on repatriations as are possible.

Further posts begin at: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4197277

FIRST TITLE (Unsanctioned Attack On Clan Ghost Bear) AND ORIGINAL POST - For reasons entirely their own, it was noted yesterday by Twitch feed that a CSJ-tagged Mercenary Unit was attacking the Clan Ghost Bear world of Byesville.

All Clan Smoke Jaguar Solos and Small Units should understand that by way of agreement, CSJ does not attack CGB and vice-a-versa. This agreement continues to benefit both Clans as it permits Clan focus to remain along the highest threat borders.

In other words, at no time should a loyal Smoke Jaguar join an UNSANCTIONED attack queue for the Clan Ghost Bear planet of Byesville.

Indeed, I make a priority of dropping to the defense of Clan Ghost Bear worlds, during lulls in CSJ activity. I won't attack them now.

If you have any questions, comments or concerns please let me know

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 03 March 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#2 -Natural Selection-

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

DERP is not backing any advances into CGB.

#3 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

267 is under standing orders not to attack CGB.
So it is a merc unit with CSJ tags, eh? I have a pretty good idea who that is.

#4 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:57 AM

Dark Born does not condone aggressive action between CSJ and CGB at this time.

If anything we wish to cement positive relations between CSJ and CGB. We may be Dezgra but this doesnt mean we are not clever enough to realise that we also need to ally with some concerns. This is the web we weave and we are still bound by this silk for mutual benefit.

The Dark Born membership has been advised that any pilot in our unit being involved in these skirmishes will be reprimanded with appropriate disciplinary action. This including immediate explusion from the unit where warrented.

Edited by Noesis, 16 January 2015 - 05:58 AM.

#5 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

I'm not in a unit but I've generally avoided fighting against Clans in favor of the Drive towards Terra so....Domoneky Stands by the Treaty

#6 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

Hail,

Units of the "Smoke Alliance" can see through the shallow efforts of a Mercenary Unit attempting to destabilize our attack vector. Suggest we double our efforts to push into the areas the Mercenaries have just left in force.

Seyla,

#7 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:41 AM

View PostOsis, on 16 January 2015 - 06:12 AM, said:

Hail,

Units of the "Smoke Alliance" can see through the shallow efforts of a Mercenary Unit attempting to destabilize our attack vector. Suggest we double our efforts to push into the areas the Mercenaries have just left in force.

Seyla,

You can Attack Steiner space now? Such weird algorithms PGI has in use.

The FRR has been able to attack all the clan factions except for a few days where 'blackouts' of local worlds, like the FRR/wolf or FRR/bear border, I guess the networks couldn't sell enough tickets for those days.

I think today that 3 Clans have a FRR world open to attack. CSJ is not one of them, the FRR has 4 clan worlds and 2 IS worlds open for us to invade, to bad we simply don't have the numbers to take advantage of our target rich environment.

CSJ has only 2 worlds, 1 IS and 1 Clan open to invade each day, but I feel positive that CSJ has the best coordinated faction play in CW, as well as some top notch units. It is to bad you are stuck in the corner with just one world to attack.

Just for the challenge of it, like them batchall things you talk about, maybe you should just all come over to the FRR and show the rest of the clans what a true fight would mean?

This is a beta CW anyways, why not show them other Clans whats up. I suppose if you feel uncomfortable running IS mechs against Clan mechs, you could invade CGB as CSJ, they have way to many players and not enough opponents as it is, you would be doing them a favor.

Well it is always a good fight against CSJ, it is a good thing you defend CGB worlds all the time, it is so rare we FRR come to idlewind, in fact we may not get there for quite some time.

#8 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostAbivard, on 16 January 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

...(snip)...Well it is always a good fight against CSJ, it is a good thing you defend CGB worlds all the time, it is so rare we FRR come to idlewind, in fact we may not get there for quite some time.

I must decline your invitation to serve in "The Great Heathen Army."

But I readily admit, when I was matched against FRR attackers on Idlewind a week ago and since then when serving in common-defense of Clan Ghost Bear and Clan Wolf worlds, "Space Vikings" attack with a full measure of ferocity, audacity and determination.

I look forward to my next opportunity to cross five-ton Axes with an FRR MechWarrior! (..,if only physical attacks/Mech Melee weapons were something on PGI's front burner! A five-ton Ax! Now THERE is a weapon for an FRR MechWarrior!)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 16 January 2015 - 06:56 AM.

#9 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

This is a beta CW anyways, why not show them other Clans whats up. I suppose if you feel uncomfortable running IS mechs against Clan mechs, you could invade CGB as CSJ, they have way to many players and not enough opponents as it is, you would be doing them a favor.

Neg

#10 $imon Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 272 posts
  • LocationYour sisters house eating her cookie & drinking her milk

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

@Domoneky.......would you like to join a permanent CSJ unit ?
if so http://267th-battlec...mist.enjin.com/ were on the stranamechty TS hub

#11 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

You can Attack Steiner space now? Such weird algorithms PGI has in use.

Hail,

Not Clan Smoke Jaguar, however the Smoke Alliance is coordinating with other clans. With QQ & 228 switching sides and trying to destabilize, it will leave a soft spot for one of the Clan Corridors.

Mercenaries should not be allowed to join Clans, this is a failure in Community Warfare planning.

Personally I am really enjoying the Thai Massage associated with taking all the Kurita Territory (maybe that is why they switched sides).

Seyla,

#12 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Mercs have a right to play with there clan toys to. PGI took our money same as yours.

As for an assault on CGB, i know nothing of it, and assume my group did not participate.

Edited by Nikol Grall, 16 January 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#13 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

View PostNikol Grall, on 16 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Mercs have a right to play with there clan toys to. PGI took our money same as yours.

As for an assault on CGB, i know nothing of it, and assume my group did not participate.

I try to keep Lore for Lore's sake and MWO for MWO's sake.

I welcome and look forward to building both permanent and revolving relationships with our Mercenary Corps allies.

"Getting your Clan on!"

"Getting your Inner Sphere on!"

I am so familiar with both desires that I put MC up to fully kit out an ALT Inner Sphere account.

Either way, changing Contracts or using ALT accounts is fine by me.

I just look forward to building a stable and increasingly healthy and successful Smoke Jaguar Community and some excellent gaming each and every night.

Good luck and good gaming,

Meet you on the high ground,

May your Enemy's resolve fail him, long before your last auto-Cannon shell slams home in the breech!

#14 xxREVxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostNikol Grall, on 16 January 2015 - 08:33 AM, said:

Agreed.
However, factions should have control over who works for them. So who hired them? Not me.
Am I correct in assuming that PGI posts contracts with a certain amount of cbills attached to each of these contracts and merc units are free to pick and choose? Sooooo Clans and Houses have no control over which Merc units come and go within their factions?
There needs to be an economy. Instead of PGI handing out cash, the hiring unit/faction should have to pay the merc units out of their coffers. This would create competition amongst the merc units as they would have to bid on a contract instead of just "Here ya go." Only the best merc units that can deliver would survive in such a free market and the rest would go broke and be forced to join a faction.

Edited by Reverend Poison, 16 January 2015 - 08:55 AM.

#15 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:53 AM

Playing with Prussian Havoc last night, he can confirm that 228 did not partake in any assaults against CGB held worlds last night.

We played on Pesht until the numbers dwindled from beginning of Attack phase until around midnight PST.

#16 bedevere42

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationDropship, in transit to new front.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:08 AM

View PostReverend Poison, on 16 January 2015 - 08:51 AM, said:

Agreed.
However, factions should have control over who works for them. So who hired them? Not me.
Am I correct in assuming that PGI posts contracts with a certain amount of cbills attached to each of these contracts and merc units are free to pick and choose? Sooooo Clans and Houses have no control over which Merc units come and go within their factions?
There needs to be an economy. Instead of PGI handing out cash, the hiring unit/faction should have to pay the merc units out of their coffers. This would create competition amongst the merc units as they would have to bid on a contract instead of just "Here ya go." Only the best merc units that can deliver would survive in such a free market and the rest would go broke and be forced to join a faction.

I was thinking the same thing last night. This would allow a faction to hire a merc unit for a set time or number of planets taken AND it would allow the faction to terminate a contract if the merc unit exceeded it's bounds. An in-depth contract system / economy is needed imo. Bit off topic from the thread though...

#17 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 16 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Playing with Prussian Havoc last night, he can confirm that 228 did not partake in any assaults against CGB held worlds last night.

We played on Pesht until the numbers dwindled from beginning of Attack phase until around midnight PST.

Thanks for the clarification QB and enjoy your time in CSJ for as long as it may last :)

*,..,* Fangs Out! *,..,*

#18 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostQueenBlade, on 16 January 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

I continuously dropped with QueenBlade-and-crew for approximately two hours last night. Great matches where Enemy kills came so quickly it was a race to take as much damage as one could before someone put paid to an Enemy Mech. Great fun was had by all.

This topic is a potentially decisive one for our growing and ever-healthier and increasingly vigorous Smoke Jaguar Community. An MWO CW Community who's Founding Members included continually contracted 28-day Mercenary Corps Units.

For me the question isn't how to limit gameplay for any CSJ Community Member but how to best recognize SANCTIONED verse UNSANCTIONED as well as working to gain more Attack options for CSJ.

This thread is intended to be a running account of UNSANCTIONED activity with respect to Clan Ghost Bear, the only Clan with a common border to Smoke Jaguar Space.

Opportunities for Attack options come in the form of eventually opening up a Davion Front/Border when we are virtually at Terrra... the Path to Terra certainly runs through Davion Space.

Another opportunity involves my Tweet to Russ Bullock requesting a similar period of time for CSJ to have an attack option on an FRR world WITHOUT the threat of a reciprocal CSJ world being made vulnerable to FRR attack. Basically taking Idlewind out of contention but giving us a two-week timeframe to force a wedge into FRR Space, similar to the time FRR has had to win over Idlewind.

A third opportunity for Attack would be for PGI to make two worlds on each side of the CSJ and Kurita border open to attack.

We all want full-employment for ALL CSJ and affiliated Mercenary Corps Units.

The fact our tactical situation only affords CSJ one Inner Sphere world to attack will remain an increasingly difficult subject giving rise to all manner of tensions.

Tolerance, patience and collaboration will be needed in full measure to insure our Community remains "Inclusive" rather than "Exclusive."

CSJ's "Taking if Terra" will give us eventual borders with ALL factions, as each would see our prize taken from CSJ by force of arms.

If we take proper steps to build an inclusive, vigorous and rewarding Smoke Jaguar Community, our Recruiting, Retention and Mercenary Relations (RRMR) efforts will flourish and CSJ will have the numeric strength, tight bonds between ALL member Units and every likelihood of success in defending Terra once we liberated her.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 16 January 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#19 VFR Pilot

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

We all expected this to happen. This isn't the first time a Merc Unit has done this and certainly won't be the last. Well done Smoke Alliance on communication and coordination. We've made great strides in a short period of time... ON TO TERRA!!!

Seyla

#20 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:47 AM

Many if not most of us already run IS mechs extensively, both in public queue, comp-12 play and CW. So thanks, but we (Smoke Adders) do not need to uproot ourselves periodically for the option to fight Clans in IS mechs.

Good hunting tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users