Updated: Tune In For Some Piranha Games Group-Drops On Ngngtv Today At 4Pm Pst!

26 replies to this topic

#21 Viges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

View PostGraySho, on 20 January 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Perhaps they are more busy with development than practicing their MWO skills? Just a thought.
If they wouldn't, I'm sure there would be people complaining that they spend more time gaming than working on the game.

Yea and how are they suppose to develop a game that they don't play? I don't blame them that they can't beat 12 man premades, but they don't play at all. How about all these "oh, I crushed, ops again, wow I have fps issues" and so on? Under 100 damage all games, total roflstomps. How do they develop it, blindly?

#22 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

You do have to play your own game in order to develop it, it's just a matter of balancing time in-game and work done on the game.

You can tell by the way he approaches things and talks that Russ is an MWO player, which is good. What isn't, is that he's likely the only one...and all of them seem pretty bad at the game lol.

Maybe less meetings, and require all Devs to play at least an hour to two hours of drops per day, so they can keep their immersion with their product?

I dunno, I don't really care if the Devs are easy to stomp, just makes me not get excited about facing them, because you know it'll be a roll, I'm just glad that they seem to be better in touch with the players than ever before.

All in all, the Devs may suck at their own game, but they are getting better at developing it, so props to them.

#23 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

My question was more of tongue in check at the time and having fun but in all seriousness, their games have been more a Free for all with teams. Basically a pug match.

The question should be, do they believe that most players enjoy dropping simply to blow things up then die, basically all by themselves and lose the match every time during a team-type game? The lack of communication with others via chat or with each other.

What they are missing is the effect when even a pug group setup lacks the tools to communicated effectively to make the games more competitive instead of a stomp. This is not just in the general solo/group queue but also the CW.

1. More effective chat screen/display in a combat drop that just does not disappear.
2. Major-minor Faction/planetary lobbies (CW) // Solaris Lobbies-Arenas (current solo/group queue)

They had their hands full at the time and attempted to link a 3rd party VOIP CCC to the game but most units/Houses/Clans tend to use Teamspeak. In-game VOIP I can take it or leave it cause for most of the players it would NOT be the primary form of communication.

On the other hand, very little or anything has been said about improving the actual chat interface. There is now a unit chat box, but how does that actually help others?

Not giving players an effective way to communicate with either other while not in combat makes it very difficult for anyone to feel.. connected to others. How can someone who joined House Kurita feel like they have a connection with other dracs/snakes/etc when they have to jump through hoops, friend invite/create-join unit, go to OTHER website, attempt to use that forum or use PGI's forum......

People have posted how can we get more people to participate in the CW? Give them the ability to speak with others, at least of their faction without having to jump through hoops. Give them a reason to want to drop with Samurai, Dragon, Snake, Dopy, etc. At the moment it is, those two Dracs, hmm three Swiners, a Fedrat and a Limpsey, etc.

Let us know how that will work. At least start with the CW part of filling the rooms. There is no Elo so why wait til all 12 are available before allowing anyone to see anyone that they may drop with? That would generate more server issues?

Just some thoughts from a drac. :)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 27 January 2015 - 06:06 AM.

#24 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

Everyone is really busy working. There are some of us who play more than others. Playing well together as a group takes time and practice and most of us don't get much of an opportunity to do that.

I'm a competitive person and I want us to get better but understand the realities of project scheduling and work/life balance that surrounds the topic. That doesn't mean we won't try to get better as a group. It just means it might take us a bit longer to get there.

#25 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 27 January 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Everyone is really busy working. There are some of us who play more than others. Playing well together as a group takes time and practice and most of us don't get much of an opportunity to do that.

I'm a competitive person and I want us to get better but understand the realities of project scheduling and work/life balance that surrounds the topic. That doesn't mean we won't try to get better as a group. It just means it might take us a bit longer to get there.
it doesn't take skill to ghost drop in cw, you should all wait in Q like the rest of us.

#26 Mike Forst

Postmaster General

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 577 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

I and several others do. We have to do CW on alt accounts for now and part of the point of the stream is for people in game to see us.

#27 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostMike Forst, on 27 January 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

We are not expecting you all to play well like a high-end competitive unit, even though many who watch the feeds gets laughs and such off of it, it is how the others you have dropped with feel about it. They should not have that feeling that it is all doom and gloom when they see a group of you on their side cause they now know you will do your own thing for laughs, while the other team now sees easy meat cause at least one segment of the their enemy is off to a joy ride.

Are there any updates on improving the in-game combat chat screens?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users