• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 22 January 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Sure make them all relevant, but why does one oceanic Unit equal 6 other NA Units ? There is something clearly wrong in here ... <_<

But as always Discussion on these Forums lead nowhere, best will be to just avoid CW completely and let Davions play with themselves.

LOL

What can we do? We knew we were a smaller faction coming into the game.

#42 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

LOL

What can we do? We knew we were a smaller faction coming into the game.

We are not that smaller or at least we show up as Davions in pretty equal Numbers right now, we just might not have a Unit in Oceanic Timezone at this Time. What we can do is making all Matches count equally and summarize the Results at the End of the Day. Then a Ceasefire and then we see who had most Victories and gets the Planet. So simple.

btw PGI was asked pretty early what they have planned to make sure Population will be somewhat equal. As far as I know they never gave an Answer to that Question.

Then what I said earlier, count the Time a Sector is held by a Unit before it is taken by another Unit. Like in Conquest Mode you get more Points for a Sector the longer you hold it. That Way a last Minute Victory on a Sector would mean nothing. All Day long you would see, that Sectors will be fought about and whoever holds them longer than others gets it in the End of the Day.

In Fact there would be multiple fair and working Solutions, so that every Unit has Impact depending on its Commitment.

Then a Battle for a Planet should take a Week not a Day. Borders switch every Day. Absolutely not immersive.

At last you could give special Bonuses for Players that help out a heavily contested Faction like Kurita, Rasalhague or Liao for Example. Besides giving out more C-Bills there needs to be more Motivation for Mercs to help those Factions out. Stuff like a Day of Premium Time for every Merc Unit for each Week of Contract with a Faction that is in deep Trouble could help.

If you don't do this you give the Signal that these Factions can be eradicated. All Loyalists will leave CW with their Factions then. CW dead.

At least try a few Things and find out what works. Don't hold on to this System.

The only two helpful Things I can see is Solo Puggers and Small Groups will get their Gamemodes.

Edited by Joe Decker, 22 January 2015 - 10:30 AM.

#43 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 22 January 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

Sure make them all relevant, but why does one oceanic Unit equal 6 other NA Units ? There is something clearly wrong in here ... <_<
Ya I'm really hoping they will drop This whole system and go to a 25 hour points system. Where ghost drops are worth 10% points of a real match and maybe 10 times the cbills. This way every battle will be counted at any time.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 22 January 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#44 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Yeah, I really like waking up in the morning to find all our gains reversed due to ghost dropping.

#45 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

I know this much, I like the fact there will be people playing when I am up overnight thanks to the Oceanic timeslot. It finishes up just before I need to go to bed, so I'm good there.

So in essence, we need more Oceanic players AND American third/night shifters playing, and hopefully it is late enough for the hot zone to keep the drunks returning from the bar away.

#46 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

View PostJoe Decker, on 22 January 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

We are not that smaller or at least we show up as Davions in pretty equal Numbers right now, we just might not have a Unit in Oceanic Timezone at this Time. What we can do is making all Matches count equally and summarize the Results at the End of the Day. Then a Ceasefire and then we see who had most Victories and gets the Planet. So simple.

Only because they can only attack/defend one planet on our front. You forget that the also have 60+ players fighting Liao. ;)

#47 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

View PostDavers, on 22 January 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Only because they can only attack/defend one planet on our front. You forget that the also have 60+ players fighting Liao. ;)

And we fight Davion and Steiner...

#48 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

make sure you don't WING slip on your watch... we going to bed.

o7 256th

4 drops, 4 wins.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Mycrus, 23 January 2015 - 05:28 PM.

#49 Turook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Dervishx5: "Yeah, I really like waking up in the morning to find all our gains reversed due to ghost dropping."

Yes that's right. we get 2 turret drops out of the 8 required to flip a planet, the other 6 we get to fight Marik forces that show up.
We aren't ghosting planets, we're just kicking the crap out of you when we get on in even numbers.

Current numbers during the American timezone.
Phact 12 Marik defending, 2 Davion attacking
Lesalles, 48 Marik attacking, 15 Davion defending

Who is Ghosting who?

#50 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

View PostTurook, on 23 January 2015 - 07:09 PM, said:

Dervishx5: "Yeah, I really like waking up in the morning to find all our gains reversed due to ghost dropping."

Yes that's right. we get 2 turret drops out of the 8 required to flip a planet, the other 6 we get to fight Marik forces that show up.
We aren't ghosting planets, we're just kicking the crap out of you when we get on in even numbers.

Current numbers during the American timezone.
Phact 12 Marik defending, 2 Davion attacking
Lesalles, 48 Marik attacking, 15 Davion defending

Who is Ghosting who?

If you all leave before Ceasefire we ghost, true. If you don't leave, no one will ghost. If you don't have enough Units to fight at a specific Time - thats bad indeed, but I don't think so. Yet we had that at the Start of CW that you had 60+/60+ at Marik/Liao before we even realized that CW had begun.

At least we are not sneaking in at a dead Timezone with one or two 12 Mans and try to switch Planets in Easymode.

But as I've said before, I don't blame Davions for using what PGI is giving to them. You've got oceanic Units, we don't. Would have been better tonight if you would have had your Australians with you on Phact.

So to end this : Please PGI, quit these Ceasefires and give us Overall Success during 24 Hour Cycles. Ghost Drops count as 10% of a Real Drop.

Edited by Joe Decker, 23 January 2015 - 11:16 PM.

#51 Turook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

Joe Decker: "At least we are not sneaking in at a dead Timezone with one or two 12 Mans and try to switch Planets in Easymode."

It's not dead to us, this is the time we play every night, you're just aware of it now because you're losing planets.
You really sound like a broken record, same as Dervish with your complaints about us winning with turret runs.
As I've already said, 6 out of 8 fights we get a Marik opponent. If that is easy mode then maybe you should not be so easy to beat?

Edited by Turook, 23 January 2015 - 11:35 PM.

#52 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:41 PM

I made just one observation.

View PostTurook, on 23 January 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Joe Decker: "At least we are not sneaking in at a dead Timezone with one or two 12 Mans and try to switch Planets in Easymode."

It's not dead to us, this is the time we play every night, you're just aware of it now because you're losing planets.
You really sound like a broken record, same as Dervish with your complaints about us winning with turret runs.
As I've already said, 6 out of 8 fights we get a Marik opponent. If that is easy mode then maybe you should not be so easy to beat?

Posted Image

#53 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

View PostTurook, on 23 January 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

It's not dead to us, this is the time we play every night

Might be, i just remember seeing you Guys playing also at NA Ceasefire when CW started. Now I don't see you there anymore, but I see you at Oceanic Timezones. ;)

That's a bit sad as I enjoyed fighting you at NA Timezone. Now we only get ACES and AW and C4 and HHoD and I dunno.

But no RRB. :(

We miss you !

I hope you don't enjoy shooting our Turrets more than shooting us.

Edited by Joe Decker, 23 January 2015 - 11:48 PM.

#54 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

Ok, I'm getting pretty tired of the whole turret drop conversation.

Yes, Davion does it. Guess what, so does Marik, Steiner and pretty much every house.

At Marik, we have our orders of the day. If those orders are to take a Davion planet, then we queue up, if Davion doesn't show up to defend, then we took a planet with turret drops.

Tonight, we took 3 planets that were barely contested.

Why didn't we go up to fight the Clans? Because there is nothing in it for us. No purple planet, no count on the board, no unit tag... nothing.

For the glory that is Marik, sometimes, you need to smash some turrets.

Edited by Roadbeer, 23 January 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#55 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:05 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 23 January 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

Ok, I'm getting pretty tired of the whole turret drop conversation.

Yes, Davion does it. Guess what, so does Marik, Steiner and pretty much every house.

At Marik, we have our orders of the day. If those orders are to take a Davion planet, then we queue up, if Davion doesn't show up to defend, then we took a planet with turret drops.

Tonight, we took 3 planets that were barely contested.

Why didn't we go up to fight the Clans? Because there is nothing in it for us. No purple planet, no count on the board, no unit tag... nothing.

For the glory that is Marik, sometimes, you need to smash some turrets.

It is not in general about Ghost Drops - that is somewhat okey. It is more about when they happen and if somebody even has the Chance to show up to fight.

We have no Oceanic Unit that I know of, so we simply cannot do ANYTHING about it. If we are lucky we get one 12 Man PUG together but even that fails on most Days. Davion knows about it and uses that Info. I wouldn't do it but maybe thats just me.

It is the flawed System.

And I mean the Roadmap for this War was to fight Davion until we got our Planets back. Or did I miss something ? Several People said a couple of Times we should maybe at some Point find a Solution for this Marik/Liao/Davion Dilemma and if it is only for being able to shoot someone else. Cannot really see Daves anymore :P

And then you got this nice Algorithm that first puts your Homeplanet on the Table on the first Day of CW and when you lost it against overwhelming Numbers you don't see it coming back for Weeks and Weeks ^^ What we get instead are Planets no one cares about - beside that nice little Old Kentucky :lol:

Me got no Problem to fight the Clans, I also don't think anyone in our Unit would have, in Fact I would love to do it to learn something new. PUG Matches against the Clans are usually not worth the Time, so I'd love to see what it will be in organized Form. I guess that was somebody else who said we should not fight them as we would only be Defenders up there, right ? ;)

I agree it is maybe not directly benefical for us, but you Guys really wanna see Clans at Marik or Davion Borders ? :unsure:

I'd like to fight Clans when I want to fight them. I don't want to fight the Clans when I have to fight them...

And of Course I am not okey with leaving our Homefront unguarded as long as there is not some Kind of NAP from Davion towards Marik AND Liao. I don't care about painting the IS purple, just aiming at our lost Territory and then have a NAP. Then lets go Clans and help the other Factions pushing them back. And even if we only help out as Defenders, I'd love to do that.

But I understand, it is a Dilemma of the more interesting Sorts :)

Edited by Joe Decker, 24 January 2015 - 12:19 AM.

#56 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:06 AM

All factions that are able now ghost drop. We leaned how from davion. Now the tactic has come full circle and is being used to take planets from davion. Suddenly davion is complaining about a "cheap" tactic they successfully abused for 4 weeks.

We were very good students and yet we still wish this tactic remove even thoughwe now are able to club our teacher about the head and shoulders with it.

#57 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

Le sigh

#58 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 24 January 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

All factions that are able now ghost drop. We leaned how from davion. Now the tactic has come full circle and is being used to take planets from davion. Suddenly davion is complaining about a "cheap" tactic they successfully abused for 4 weeks.

We were very good students and yet we still wish this tactic remove even thoughwe now are able to club our teacher about the head and shoulders with it.

Not the Ghostdrop Mechanic itself is the Problem, it is the whole Ceasefire System that is annoying. Bigger Numbers are sometimes here and sometimes there. But we got dead Timezones and they count the same as highly populated Timezones.

We need the 24 Hours overall Success System.

#59 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

What I really don´t get is:

PGI wants populated CW.
People can play when they can play.
PGI introduces mechanic that makes CW games meaningless 50% of the day.

Dafuq?

It is not likem this offers some advantage. To PGI to the players to anyone. It is just plain annoying.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 24 January 2015 - 05:13 AM.

#60 Turook

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 60 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:53 AM

Replying to posts as they were done.
Joe Decker: The reason you don't see us at American Ceasefire is the same reason you don't really see us the rest of the time during that slot. Davion HC has commanded us to a different border. Most of us do as we are told.
BTW I'm the Colonel (ignore the sig, it's old) of the Aussie contingent that you are complaining about so much.

Roadbeer, well done, you are one of the few that talks sense about most things.

Joe: I really can't say much about the whole subject of no one really being on during your time. We do get Marik Opponents to fight. I have been a Davion supporter since 1986 when I started playing Battletech and fell in love with the Hatchetman.
When I started playing this I joined the only unit I could that was going to be Davion, the RRB. Since then I have actively recruited my friends that play and other Aussies, to have people to play with during my hours. Maybe Marik should start recruiting Aussies also?
As far as roadmaps go, we will defend the planets we have already taken from you. We (I) are more than happy to stop fighting you, but we won't give back what we have already taken. I have no idea who started attacking who and I would rather be fighting my way thro Kuritan space to get to the Clans, but wll keep defending what we have already got.

Kudoon: you're a fool. No one does it deliberately, go try to impress somone else with your higher moral ground.

Joe and Molassian: As MD points out, "People can play when they can play". Just because you (the americans) can't be on, does not mean they are dead timezones. Get over it and move on. I had to stop complaining that 90% of the players in the game have a ping of 100ish or less, compared to my (and all other Aussies) ping of 350 plus.
I enjoy so much coming around the corner of a building and dying before h game even draws the Mech/s that are there that kill me.
I'll give you a deal. We'll support anything you like as far as ceasefires go, if you petition PGI to support the idea of Ping equalisation. If I have to fire 100meters in front of a Mech to hit it, why shouldn't everyone else :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users