3Erppc Awesome: Xl?

6 replies to this topic

#1 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

I am currently doing the awesomes and the 3ERPPC (9M) can either have a standard~300 or go up to 385XL.

I wanted to know what your experience with the XL is. It would certainly give a cooling boost, but you are easier to kill and a 380 cost more then 6mil - while likely to be not used in any other mech.

So I want to hear your opinion before cashing out a whole day of CB griding for an engine I probably wont use after testing.

#2 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

Way to easy for torsos on Awesome to get ripped off. I tried for awhile with XL on mine but to often they get removed.

Switched to std, with 2 ERPPC in torso's and MPL in rest of slots. seems to be a bit more strudy but just switched to it.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 January 2015 - 08:23 AM

It is a bit more fun to be running around really fast with XL, so long as you keep your distance and are a good shot you can pull off some good damage. But obviously you will be much squishier, so in general I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. Start with Standard and only attempt XL when you have the spare CBills.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2d193793b41cdd1

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 19 January 2015 - 08:26 AM.

#4 Sanlucif3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

i am running mine with 2 erppc on rt and right arm + 1 ppc left torso + std 300 + srm4 on left arm+ 2 medpulse on ct + 1 medlas on head

besides when they take both sides off i still have 2 medpulse and 1 medlas on head, as a stick. so it is a great zombie brawler people think they disarm you but oh no they get a nasty surprise

#5 LennStar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostSanlucif3r, on 19 January 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

i am running mine with 2 erppc on rt and right arm + 1 ppc left torso + std 300 + srm4 on left arm+ 2 medpulse on ct + 1 medlas on head

besides when they take both sides off i still have 2 medpulse and 1 medlas on head, as a stick. so it is a great zombie brawler people think they disarm you but oh no they get a nasty surprise

Doesnt that get awfully hot?
I only use 3small lasers in the center and put every other ton into HS, but its still hot even with quirks.
You use 5t for the lasers alone while I use 1,5t with nearly the same dps output.

#6 Sanlucif3r

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

not really because i only shoot all of that in certain hit and run situations; like if an atlas is charging at me i can give him a coring TRI-ppc, then twist; then use all backup weapons once, twist, backup weapons twice and anything dies.

also, in sniping situations i only shoot the 2 erppc;

in cold maps i alternate the 3 ppc at distance shoot the 2 er together

in hot maps i rely mostly on backup weapons -
on a cool map brawling you can sustain everything except the erppcs and it's good enough to kill any mech brawling with 1ppc, 2medpulse, 1medlas, 1srm4. -

if i get any side torso gone i can still destroy a fresh blackjack as a stick, no probs

and if i lose only 1 side then i get a perfectly heat efficient build from a heavy mech or something, no probs!

under 90 shoot either the lasers and srm and switch to twin-er for the 20pt killshot
light mechs get legged pretty quick too with the support lasers or sniped with twin ERs - the srm4 i only shoot vs heavy or assault mechs to get more dps

this mech relies on 2 things for me, 1st being able to switch from ppc's to a brawling build which is suprisingly good instantly, almost like a lurmboat would have lasers to defend itself, but way better.
and in maps where i truly have to brawl it also shines because both sides of it pack a punch wether i am leaning left or right, and i never even get to overheat because the firepower on this is so scary nobody stands looking at you for more than 1 second, except the 2 truly slower mechs, dire wolf and crab.
atlas gets wrecked
by the way i also run AMS on this mech so it is a gundam basically, does it all

and at your dps statement that's funny, since when do inner sphere mechs care about dps?
only my dragon does as far as i am concerned; since you can usually twist away from the thunderbolt ppc machinegun, i honestly don't find it such a useful tactic; for me it is way overrated and i never recommend awesome pilots to chain fire streams of dps, i would do the opposite and recommend 2 er down range or a 30 pt tri ppc which is a dual gauss equivalent -and move out; and if faced with a dps mech then twist and shoot and laugh
especially now that clans have arrived and they use dps weapons themselves that have to hold in place, even their longer duration lasers are that style of play - focus on good old inner sphere convergence and pinpoint!! it is a good skill to have, with the clan autocannon20 and such, dancing is back in and the dps awesome is truly obsolete IMO - incidentally all the mechs that the awesome has to run away from IMO really are the pinpoint machines like the gauss dire wolf, the kingcrab that's about it - everything else you can tank or twist to spread their dmg

Edited by Sanlucif3r, 19 January 2015 - 07:56 PM.

#7 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

You can use 380XL in alot of different mechs I have qite a few that use them including some medium mechs.
Battlemasters (all)
Victors (all)
Banshee's (all but 1)
Awesome's (2 of them)
Treb 3C
Centurion D
anyhow XL380-390-400, are worth while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users