• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Neither did we.....

So if no one started it, why are we still fighting? Give us back our planets and let both of us go back pushing into the IS..

#42 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Clan Widowmaker took Ferris, and then Clan Wolf Delta took it back. After that, people started running their mouths, then Merc Star and Comstar Irregulars dedicated their time to kicking our teeth in every waking hour.

Remember when Clan Wolf would synch-drop with Ghost Bear to form 2 sets of 8 man teams so we could set up Trials of Position for our new recruits? Before private lobbies we would have to do these trials in ranked matches, and we trusted eachother not to report someone for Teamkilling so we could continue to roleplay and perform our trials.

We where brothers once, we worked practically as the same clan, and now we're fighting over who attacked who when really neither CWI or CGBI hold the blame.

#43 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 25 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

We where brothers once, we worked practically as the same clan, and now we're fighting over who attacked who when really neither CWI or CGBI hold the blame.

I remember those times too. CW brought out the best and the worst of us all..

#44 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 January 2015 - 05:25 AM, said:

So if no one started it, why are we still fighting? Give us back our planets and let both of us go back pushing into the IS..

The official Clan Wolf (the individual units) & the official Clan Ghost Bear (the individual units) did not. The merc units started it, we did not realize the Clans could have mercs. We attempted to work stuff out leading up to & including the creation of the NAP. However old grudges are not easily forgotten. Case in point:

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 25 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

Clan Widowmaker took Ferris, and then Clan Wolf Delta took it back.

Then one Wolf Khan escalated the whole thing to astronomical heights.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 25 January 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#45 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

However old grudges are not easily;y forgotten.

Which grudges are you talking about?

It must be something prior to CW, because since it started Clan Wolf as a whole has been a pretty good neighbor..

Anyway, it seems to me that CGBI condones/approves of/supports in some way these mercs' actions from Coffinail's words.. Is this true? Because i have read contradicting statements..

#46 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

Wolves firmly started the bad blood. Your insufferable arrogance (pissing on the mercs from a great height, and trying to dictate Clan affairs, this isn't a re-enactment of Op Revival), your strict adherence to lore and RP (everyone is tired of it, you guys aren't the wolves from the books or lore), your offensive cowardice and weakness (NAP with an IS faction? REALLY?), and then finally the catalyst of Gyrok, being all the things above personified into one meganeckbeard, started the open conflict on New Caledonia.

Some people feel it necessary to teach the Wolves lessons in humility, diplomacy, and finally combat. You people cowered into your core worlds when the going got tough (i.e. Op New Years Hangover) retreating back into the pointless general queue, hoping pgi would reset the map. Then, only after things settled down did you start to ghost drop worlds (or beat up an undermanned FRR) and start to beat your chest. Well, that's all over now.

Until the CGB mercs feel their great anger abated in Clan Wolf blood and steel, this Trial of Humility will continue. As for the noted loyalist units like CGBI et al, there's zero we can do to hold back unhinged, angry mercs with omnimechs. Our standing orders are to advance to Terra, and we are doing that.

More rational voices from Wolf have already reached out for negotiations, so there is a diplomatic process in the works to bring an end to the fighting. It would be unfortunate if those talks failed. Unfortunate for Clan Wolf anyway.

Edited by bobF, 25 January 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#47 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 January 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

Which grudges are you talking about?

I quoted it right after I said it. Look at the post again.

#48 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 25 January 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

We did not start it i think...

Meh, like I stated in previous posts, the guilty parties are the ones continuing to light the fire. I could really care less who started what, we're talking about backwater systems that have no value.

What I am irritated by is the logistical situation. The IS lines have been relatively light these days, and instead of taking the opportunity to gain fast ground our clans are wasting resources against each other. As far as I understood, I thought it was customary to settle interclan disputes with a trial, for the sake of preserving resources. But this conflict has degenerated into a truly pitiful state, rivaling even the barbarism of IS wars. Such a waste.

#49 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:15 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

WHO is hiding behind mercs?

Posted Image

Nice try pal.

Neither did we.....

This all started Friday when the mercs wearing Ghost Bear tags hit Gustrell.

Edited by Kain Thul, 25 January 2015 - 02:16 PM.

#50 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostRepasy, on 25 January 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Meh, like I stated in previous posts, the guilty parties are the ones continuing to light the fire. I could really care less who started what, we're talking about backwater systems that have no value.

What I am irritated by is the logistical situation. The IS lines have been relatively light these days, and instead of taking the opportunity to gain fast ground our clans are wasting resources against each other. As far as I understood, I thought it was customary to settle interclan disputes with a trial, for the sake of preserving resources. But this conflict has degenerated into a truly pitiful state, rivaling even the barbarism of IS wars. Such a waste.

I know. Tell them to those attacking our planets. We are just defending our conquered planets. No fault with it, quiaff? ;)

#51 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Sounds like Overall Control of the Clans needs to a Neutral Clan Party. May I suggest The Dark Born? Our qualifications are these; 1) Not being of just one Clan there is no Faction Based Bias. 2)Being Dark/Bandit Caste we are already despised and called Dezgra (like our current politicians) it is a Focus for the Populations Displeasure 3) We specialize in working behind the scenes and out of sight (like our current politicians) we are suited to making things happen without it being all out in the open. 4)We are the best politico's money can buy (like our current politicians) and once bought we stay bought (until someone pays us more) (like our current politicians).

In other words 'Hey, y'all lighten up its a game! And yes while I know Id's (not eye dee's) and ego's can flare and cause issues its nothing to get totally worked up about. At the end of the day no ones dead, planets arent smoking ruins filled with starving civilians. If the game stops being fun, for any reason, and whatever causes the displeasure is a constant irritant, its time to move on. Or just get over it and move forward.

#52 Prussian Havoc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

I am highly encouraged by many of these recent CGB and CW posts. Truth discussion is underway, with very little to no posturing and pretense.

Only good can come from further discussion among not just Seniors but our gamers too. The better the communication the surer the path through current problems.

View PostKain Thul, on 25 January 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

This is as I suspected.

Whenever frictions, problems and miscommunications occur between our Clan Trothkin, the Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance seems to ALWAYS be at the root...

...either working through surrogates or directly from its constituent Mercenary Corps Units.

We must all carefully consider prove rial friction-points as we move forward.

In my case, I chose to first surmise ISMA subterfuge before I will waste a second's thought to question Trothkin involvement from her on out.

CLANS FIRST, HEALTHY GAMING COMMUNITY ALWAYS!

#53 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 25 January 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Yes but my question was directed at your statement that we are hiding behind merc units. We are not, nor have we ever been hiding behind them. As I mentioned somewhere else, our touman stands at ~370 members & even if we were to take off 100 for inactivity that would still leave us with 270 members which is six Clusters in two Galaxies. We got into CW with NO knowledge mercs would be working for us & therefore we were prepared to do our own fighting & we HAVE done our own fighting.

There are no red herrings here.

#54 Lawrence Elsa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPacific Standard Timezone

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

Then one Wolf Khan escalated the whole thing to astronomical heights.

I don't want to say his name at risk of violating ToS, but yes, you're certainly right. However, he does not speak for all of us. One man's words should not damn hundreds of wolves to war.

As for the whole "hiding behind mercs" statement, he was actually talking to another wolf pilot... for some reason.

Either way, I know that there's no system in place to hire mercs (yet) and its all just whichever faction they want to pick. From what I heard a merc faction has to pay 50 million C-Bills just to change factions, but I tested merc relations with a new account, and yes, Merc factions can join whoever they want; be it with or without consent of another unit within said faction. So even if CGBI wants Merc Star and Comstar Irregulars to stop attacking Clan Wolf, and attack another faction, there's nothing you can do to make them stop.

#55 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostLawrence Elsa, on 25 January 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

As for the whole "hiding behind mercs" statement, he was actually talking to another wolf pilot... for some reason.

Yes but he said his "allies" who hide behind mercs, implying the Ghost Bears as we were supposed to be allies & the claim that a few people have made that we are only doing so well in CW because of our mercs.

Either way, I know that there's no system in place to hire mercs (yet) and its all just whichever faction they want to pick. From what I heard a merc faction has to pay 50 million C-Bills just to change factions, but I tested merc relations with a new account, and yes, Merc factions can join whoever they want; be it with or without consent of another unit within said faction. So even if CGBI wants Merc Star and Comstar Irregulars to stop attacking Clan Wolf, and attack another faction, there's nothing you can do to make them stop.

Which is what we have been saying all along. They pick who they want but even when they join a faction, they are not obliged to follow our commands/suggestions/requests. We can say attack XYZ & they might not do it because they do not feel like doing it or we might say say do not attack XYZ & they might just go right ahead because they feel like it:

1. Take our case: when CW started, I got reports Wolf attacked us. We were pissed because we were focusing on our invasion corridor which meant the FRR & the DC. Only afterwards did we here that "our" mercs attacked Wolf.

2. Take the Jaguar's case: QQ & whoever else decided to attack us because (and this is so ridiculous it boggles my mind) they were tired of winning & thought after crushing the DC, hampering us would in fact aid the Jaguar cause when, to the best of my knowledge, no Jaguar ever asked/requested/suggested/ordered they do that.

One man's words should not damn hundreds of wolves to war.

Were he a regular person, most definitely but he is a Khan. As someone in a leadership position, and in the Clan hierarchy Khan is the highest you can go, his words have weight i.e the authority the people who have voted him as their Khan. He is in effect speaking for Delta Galaxy. Please remember, especially the ones who love the lore as much as I do, that in the Clan system, there are ways to deal with people you believe are hurting your Clan.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 25 January 2015 - 11:41 PM.

#56 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:04 AM

1. Take our case: when CW started, I got reports Wolf attacked us. We were pissed because we were focusing on our invasion corridor which meant the FRR & the DC. Only afterwards did we here that "our" mercs attacked Wolf.

Who are you referring to? I remember that we had very few mercs at the start, and i do not remember many serious attacks on you. For sure, many less than CGB mercs. I understand you do not have control on them, and even if suspictions of secret dealings will remain (i used to respect your leadership, i hope my trust is well placed..) i am not blaming you. But i am sure you understand many of us were pissed of, as we were focusing on our own corridor, the FRR and Fed Com, just like you...

Were he a regular person, most definitely but he is a Khan. As someone in a leadership position, and in the Clan hierarchy Khan is the highest you can go, his words have weight i.e the authority the people who have voted him as their Khan. He is in effect speaking for Delta Galaxy. Please remember, especially the ones who love the lore as much as I do, that in the Clan system, there are ways to deal with people you believe are hurting your Clan.

Sure, there are such ways, but it is up to the Delta Galaxy warriors to decide if they want to remove him from command.

However, i believe he has not said many wrong things, he was just very pissed of for the reason we all know.. I can understand him.

Edited by CyclonerM, 26 January 2015 - 06:05 AM.

#57 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,250 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

No I meant our mercs attacked the actual Wolf loyalist factions.

#58 JT Black

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

Brothers,
I would not sell ot betray any of you to personal agendas.

Reflect on these words.

“Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity.”

Maximus valued his legacy. He understood that the actions he took and the decisions he made during his life could have far greater consequences "

Some of this ideology can be translated here and now.

Unite , and defeat those who wish to corrupt your most loved ideals.

Separate ,and give satisfaction to those who are seeding distrust and doubts amongst your ranks.

Quiaff ?

#59 Bophades

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 53 posts
  • LocationAlshain Station, Snowbird Tavern. Draconis Combine

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:21 AM

It's pretty silly to be tooting your own horn of prowess when most of the heavy lifting is being done by what clanners think of the lowest of the low as far as enemies go. Dezgra mercenary warriors who fight only for cash.

Edited by Solitare, 26 January 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#60 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

Yes but he said his "allies" who hide behind mercs, implying the Ghost Bears as we were supposed to be allies & the claim that a few people have made that we are only doing so well in CW because of our mercs.

I can not speak for any big portion of Clan Wolf, but I am sure nobody intents to question the talent and numbers of the Ghost Bear Loyalist Units.

But it is obvious that Clan Ghost Bear gets a big push by several merc units. They mean additional numbers and talent and therefore give Clan Ghostbear an advantage which we of Clan Wolf do not have.

Then there is New Years Hangover. Wolfs could be attacked twice, Falcons and Bears once per day and Jaguars had not to face the kind of opposition we all had. I do not want to whine or complain about that. Simple matter of fact is, we were hit harder and other clans got reinforcements while we had to sort things out first.

Before and after New Years Hangover mercenaries of Clan Ghost Bear attacked Clan Wolfs backyard. Again, I do not want to complain and I know Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist Units have no control over the actions of their mercs.

But the point is, there are a lot of Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist players, who mock the Wolfs as being weak and not being able to push onward or even keep our planets. And that is what many percieve as hiding behind mercs. Ghost Bear pilots literally stand on the sideline, twiddle their thumbs and gloat while they can always say "Nooo, it's not Clan Ghost Bear attacking you. That are just mercs."

Edited by Duvanor, 26 January 2015 - 08:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users