#61 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 January 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

I can not speak for any big portion of Clan Wolf, but I am sure nobody intents to question the talent and numbers of the Ghost Bear Loyalist Units.

But it is obvious that Clan Ghost Bear gets a big push by several merc units. They mean additional numbers and talent and therefore give Clan Ghostbear an advantage which we of Clan Wolf do not have.

Then there is New Years Hangover. Wolfs could be attacked twice, Falcons and Bears once per day and Jaguars had not to face the kind of opposition we all had. I do not want to whine or complain about that. Simple matter of fact is, we were hit harder and other clans got reinforcements while we had to sort things out first.

Before and after New Years Hangover mercenaries of Clan Ghost Bear attacked Clan Wolfs backyard. Again, I do not want to complain and I know Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist Units have no control over the actions of their mercs.

But the point is, there are a lot of Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist players, who mock the Wolfs as being weak and not being able to push onward or even keep our planets. And that is what many percieve as hiding behind mercs. Ghost Bear pilots literally stand on the sideline, twiddle their thumbs and gloat while they can always say "Nooo, it's not Clan Ghost Bear attacking you. That are just mercs."

Yup. I totally agree with you. Back when the mercs left our faction briefly we got ripped a new one. None of my comrades want to admit it, but right now the success of Ghost Bear basically hangs off of the whims of a few large merc units. You can say the same for all of community warfare for that matter. Personally, I wish there was a limit on how large a unit could get. It starts to be less about 'community' warfare and more about <insert name of largest unit> warfare.

If it means anything to you guys, I never gloat about the Ghost Bear mercs thing. I've grown weary of it, and plan to jump to another faction soon.

#62 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

But the point is, there are a lot of Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist players, who mock the Wolfs as being weak and not being able to push onward or even keep our planets. And that is what many percieve as hiding behind mercs. Ghost Bear pilots literally stand on the sideline, twiddle their thumbs and gloat while they can always say &quot;Nooo, it's not Clan Ghost Bear attacking you. That are just mercs.&quot;

You said it all--that is precisely what I meant.

Edited by Kain Thul, 26 January 2015 - 11:39 AM.

#63 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

I don't hide, I'm on the field shooting robots and in these forums talking the smack. Do I mock Wolf for perceived weakness? Of course I do. It's part of PvP.

But let's consider something for a moment, namely good fights and not being bored. Everyone into CW and part of a coreward faction is having a blast right now. Don't even front. You guys would much rather have the man-child drama and close fights, desperate battles for planets where literally every win and loss matters.

Or, we could go back to farming turrets and disorganized pugs. I'm jus sayin.

#64 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:55 PM

But the point is, there are a lot of Clan Ghost Bear Loyalist players, who mock the Wolfs as being weak and not being able to push onward or even keep our planets. And that is what many percieve as hiding behind mercs. Ghost Bear pilots literally stand on the sideline, twiddle their thumbs and gloat while they can always say "Nooo, it's not Clan Ghost Bear attacking you. That are just mercs."

I cannot speak for ALL Ghost Bear factions but as far as CGBI goes, I will say it again:

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 25 January 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Yes but my question was directed at your statement that we are hiding behind merc units. We are not, nor have we ever been hiding behind them. As I mentioned somewhere else, our touman stands at ~370 members & even if we were to take off 100 for inactivity that would still leave us with 270 members which is six Clusters in two Galaxies. We got into CW with NO knowledge mercs would be working for us & therefore we were prepared to do our own fighting & we HAVE done our own fighting.

There are no red herrings here.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 January 2015 - 12:56 PM.

#65 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

I do not want to quote myself, but as I said, this is not about battlefield prowess or control over mercs. It is just about the behaviour of certain Ghost Bears on the forums.

Edited by Duvanor, 26 January 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#66 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 26 January 2015 - 12:55 PM, said:

I cannot speak for ALL Ghost Bear factions but as far as CGBI goes, I will say it again:

I think after today's European debauchery of the defensive at New Oslo you guys need to rethink your definition of a 'strong' clan. Having some of the largest player-count units means NOTHING when they are ducking around more disorganized than us pugs. Every single drop I participated in on New Oslo was full of Falcons, Jaguars, and Wolves (good on the latter two for having the decency to ignore obvious tensions to support the defensive of a system vital to Operation Revival).

Where was Ghost Bear today? Well, the pugs were fighting on New Oslo, but there were 5 stars of mechs dropping against the Jaguars for NO REASON. According to some good intel I received from a Smoke Jaguar pilot, it was GCGB dropping on them. They didn't even win the planet back! I explained their miserable failure as a unit in depth earlier on another thread, so I'll only summarize it here:

GCGB = Dezgra.

I don't know anything about what CGBI plans are so I ain't blaming you guys for today's losses. All I'm trying to say is that in order for Ghost Bear to be TRULY strong there has to be a game plan! ALSO LESS EGO AND PRIDE!

I recognize this as a PUG. I hope you do too.

#67 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 January 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

I do not want to quote myself, but as I said, this is not about battlefield prowess or control over mercs. It is just about the behaviour of certain Ghost Bears on the forums.

I understand & I will make sure our guys do not flame.

View PostRepasy, on 26 January 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

I think after today's European debauchery of the defensive at New Oslo you guys need to rethink your definition of a 'strong' clan. Having some of the largest player-count units means NOTHING when they are ducking around more disorganized than us pugs. Every single drop I participated in on New Oslo was full of Falcons, Jaguars, and Wolves (good on the latter two for having the decency to ignore obvious tensions to support the defensive of a system vital to Operation Revival).

Where was Ghost Bear today? Well, the pugs were fighting on New Oslo, but there were 5 stars of mechs dropping against the Jaguars for NO REASON. According to some good intel I received from a Smoke Jaguar pilot, it was GCGB dropping on them. They didn't even win the planet back! I explained their miserable failure as a unit in depth earlier on another thread, so I'll only summarize it here:

GCGB = Dezgra.

I don't know anything about what CGBI plans are so I ain't blaming you guys for today's losses. All I'm trying to say is that in order for Ghost Bear to be TRULY strong there has to be a game plan! ALSO LESS EGO AND PRIDE!

I recognize this as a PUG. I hope you do too.

That is the thing though, our Euro guys are only one Cluster. I see some of them when I am home during the day but it is nowhere near as many as our NA guys who will be @work or @school during that time.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 26 January 2015 - 07:45 PM.

#68 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Posted Image

#69 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:47 AM

as long as clans cna not decide the attack corridors, there won't be much of this. Look where the wolfs are able to attakc, LOL.
look where jadefalcon heads to, and cuts of the wolfs o.O

looks more like PGi wants to force clans to battle each other, for whatever reason.

#70 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:05 AM

I got to be honest, I am so fed up with this petty **** between Wolf and Bear, I took the weekend off from MWO. I really love this game, but in my opinion the actions of some Wolves, Bears and Mercs are making me reconsider my allegeinces.

My top three favorite Clans have always been Wolf, Bear and Hells Horses while my least favorite Clans have always been Falcon and Jaguar. I personally think that PGI screwed up by letting Mercs roam free. I know what all the counter arguments are and I undestand them. But I am sticking with my opinion just like the counter argurment holders are sticking to theirs.

So, What to do? I am seriously considering going to Jaguar to get away from the petty **** between wolf and bear because it is just embarrasing for both factions at this point.

Edited by RustyBolts, 27 January 2015 - 08:11 AM.

#71 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 27 January 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

I got to be honest, I am so fed up with this petty **** between Wolf and Bear, I took the weekend off from MWO. I really love this game, but in my opinion the actions of some Wolves, Bears and Mercs are making me reconsider my allegeinces.

My top three favorite Clans have always been Wolf, Bear and Hells Horses while my least favorite Clans have always been Falcon and Jaguar. I personally think that PGI screwed up by letting Mercs roam free. I know what all the counter arguments are and I undestand them. But I am sticking with my opinion just like the counter argurment holders are sticking to theirs.

So, What to do? I am seriously considering going to Jaguar to get away from the petty **** between wolf and bear because it is just embarrasing for both factions at this point.

You may never get away from it, they've had some flare-ups over there lately as well. You should probably get used to fighting other clans because it is here to stay.

I would have liked to have seen a unified push to Terra with no time wasted but the temporary units are never going to allow it so now it is what it is.

#72 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostRustyBolts, on 27 January 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

LOl, better go falcons, because as jaguar, you still have the ghost bears harassing you.

#73 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 27 January 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

You may never get away from it, they've had some flare-ups over there lately as well. You should probably get used to fighting other clans because it is here to stay.

I would have liked to have seen a unified push to Terra with no time wasted but the temporary units are never going to allow it so now it is what it is.

View PostLily from animove, on 27 January 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

LOl, better go falcons, because as jaguar, you still have the ghost bears harassing you.

Very true. CW, in my opinion, should have been Clans vs IS, not Mercs acting like Clans while attacking fellow Clans. I personally belive this is the biggest failure from PGI in CW. Since Wolf and Falcon dont fight each other I could go Falcon and focus on only Clan vs IS like I wanted.

I also got to admit that I find it ironic that the two Clans that hated each other the most in lore, are the only two Clans not acting like D-Bags to each other.

Edited by RustyBolts, 27 January 2015 - 08:48 AM.

#74 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

View PostRustyBolts, on 27 January 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

Very true. CW, in my opinion, should have been Clans vs IS, not Mercs acting like Clans while attacking fellow Clans. I personally belive this is the biggest failure from PGI in CW. Since Wolf and Falcon dont fight each other I could go Falcon and focus on only Clan vs IS like I wanted.

I also got to admit that I find it ironic that the two Clans that hated each other the most in lore, are the only two Clans not acting like D-Bags to each other.

Look at the units that have started every clan vs clan fight.

Which two factions do they spend time in? Which two factions do they not spend time in?

It is only a matter of time until that changes too.

#75 Rabbit Blacksun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 664 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAround the world ...

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

I think really the only problem that i see is that currently CGBI's mercs are being rather ... how to put this delicately ... infantile?... Rude? ... Pr*ckish? ... i run with a small group we support drop as we do not have the members to take a planet ... yet :ph34r:. How ever I have noticed the rather extreme rude nature of the mercs that wear CGB tags. up to the point of swearing at players when they are killed. I have little problems with most of CGB. hell some i have played with. But ya'll need to get your mercs under control. they wear your tags, so they reflect on you.

Kudo's to CDS btw look forward to you eventually becoming CSF again :lol:

Edited by Rabbit Blacksun, 27 January 2015 - 12:37 PM.

#76 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

I won't requote myself in this post, but as an update to what I said earlier, I received word from GCGB that the distraction on Polcenigo was actually more of a frantic reaction to a breached agreement of engagement by CSJ. If this is true, perhaps the over-focus on that border was justified. In any case, it looks like New Oslo is about to be reclaimed AND we retook Hermagor earlier. So all's well that ends well i guess. :P

#77 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:57 PM

BREAK BREAK BREAK

Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance (ISMA) attacks the Smoke Jaguar (to be repatriated to CGB) world of Polcenigo under the guise of Clan Ghost Bear.

Since Clan Ghost Bear Seniors had not pre-coordinated any OPN CLAN UNITY repatriation action, Smoke Jaguar Alliance Seniors immediately realized the true nature of this very disingenuous ISMA attempt to incite CGB / CSJ aggressions.

The clear lines of communication between CGB Seniors and CSJ Seniors confirmed that NO CGB Units were participating in attacks on Polcenigo.

Thus freed for response, CSJ defended the local CGB population from ISMA predation.

Four 12-man ISMA teams (MERCSTAR and ACES) gained through Ghost Drop 7-sectors, then as DERP, BSM, SA, 267 12-mans responded, in a manner of 90-minutes the ISMA Planetfall bastion was reduced to just 3-sectors.

The Inner Sphere Mercenary Alliance was defeated in direct combat by a very responsive and highly skilled Smoke Jaguar Alliance.

Accolades and recognition go out to all Smoke Jaguar Solos and Small groups that rushed into the breach and delayed in-game the ISMA Attack on Polcenigo. I would like to especially thank all the TeamSpeak runners who got the word out...

....in the truest traditions of Paul Revere, Knowledge was Power tonight and thanks to your work and the calm, sure coordination between CGB and CSJ Seniors, we met the ISMA at our very gates and denied them ANY opportunity to incite further distraction in this Clan Rear Area.

...oh yes, and good job securing our only Offensive target, the House Kurita world of McAlister 3-hours early tonight. This cleared the boards for a UNIFIED response to the ISMA attack.

In all the finer traditions of the Smoke Jaguar, you did ALL Clans proud as you defeated the ISMA's finest Units tonight.

...and you legitimately had the opportunity to refine Clan Tech on Clan Tech tactics, techniques and procedures. We'll need these Lessons Learned as the ISMA will continue to use fifth columnist (false flags) from among our Trothkin in CGB to execute future PIRATE RAIDS.

No they chose to forego an honorable confrontation and join Kurita forces to battle against CSJ. A blatantly and desperate need to give themselves the advantage of Clan Tech was the ONLY way ISMA Seniors thought they had a chance against Smoke Jaguar Units and Solos.

As EVERYONE who views this can now attest, even at its most duplicitous (assuming the guide of CGB) the Units that compose the ISMA failed in their first DIRECT ACTION against Clan Smoke Jaguar.

Focus on 100% liberating of our Kurita objectives within the first 5-hours of every Ceasefire Cycle and CSJ will have 3-hours to meet, defeat and reduce ANY ISMA attacks to our rear area.

Clan Smoke Jaguar ever-continues toward the liberation of Terra first, once the Kurita planet is 100% liberated, ALL Smoke Jaguars are invited to defend against ISMA wherever they can be found. Tracking of ISMA efforts against CSJ are posted to http:/www.smokealliance.com

BREAK BREAK BREAK

#78 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

In part, to improve OPN CLAN UNITY I just began a new thread in the Mercenary Corps Section entitled:

MERCENARY CORPS UNITS - RECOMMENDED CONSTRAINTS, RESTRAINTS, CONSEQUENCES AND REPERCUSSIONS
Started by Prussian Havoc, Today, 01:54 PM (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4144456)

Please check it out and add whatever comments you would like.

A well-reasoned and constructive debate could help provide Community feedback to PGI as they go about crafting CW Phase 3 and beyond.

Thank you in advance for your time and effort in reading this and considering it.

#79 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

Work continues to codify this concept - Clan Common Defense - and its sister-concept - Clan Legionnaire Units (Clan Common Offense) - BOTH to best empower the associated development concept of - an ilClan General Staff.

It is one thing to say, "Behold Our ilKhan and his ilClan!"

It is a completely different matter to provide the resultant collection of gamers with a TRINITY of Concepts to best empower immediate ilKhan-directed, ilClan-led and Clan-Supported OFFENSIVE, DEFENSIVE and BATTLE MANAGEMENT capability sets.

More to follow as these there concepts of employment (CONEMPS) are fleshed out and interleaved,

#80 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 21 February 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Work continues to codify this concept - Clan Common Defense - and its sister-concept - Clan Legionnaire Units (Clan Common Offense) - BOTH to best empower the associated development concept of - an ilClan General Staff.

It is one thing to say, &quot;Behold Our ilKhan and his ilClan!&quot;

It is a completely different matter to provide the resultant collection of gamers with a TRINITY of Concepts to best empower immediate ilKhan-directed, ilClan-led and Clan-Supported OFFENSIVE, DEFENSIVE and BATTLE MANAGEMENT capability sets.

More to follow as these there concepts of employment (CONEMPS) are fleshed out and interleaved,

While recent problems in pursuit of realizing a Clan Grand Kurultai in order to select an ilKhan and ilClan failed (taking with it the driving impetus behind developing the tree CONEMPS listed here) there remains sufficient interest to continue developing all CONEMP albeit at a much slower pace.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users