Operation Clan Unity

112 replies to this topic

#81 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

Personally I am more loyal to the crusader ideology then I am clan unity . Clan jade falcon is my first priority , then after we capture our planet with 80% then I look into helping other clans ....first I would help clan smoke jag, then CGB then wolf

#82 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 27 February 2015 - 09:32 AM, said:

Personally I am more loyal to the crusader ideology then I am clan unity . Clan jade falcon is my first priority , then after we capture our planet with 80% then I look into helping other clans ....first I would help clan smoke jag, then CGB then wolf

Your "80% Rule" is IDEAL! (I will review how I wrote the above OP if you thought it was "defend first THEN attack" I must not have been clear enough.)

IMO CJF (indeed ALL Clans) best help the Clan Drive on Terra if they first take their Clan's "Pathing to Terra" planet to approximately 80% (thereafter maintaining careful watch on it) only THEN moving on to Clan Common Defense Priorities (priorities that are highly individualized, just as you do here.)

One Clan being "hyper-successful" (ie reaching 80%) by the mid-point of a Ceasefire-cycle is a critical catalyst for OPN CLAN UNITY, in that it frees up almost an entire Clan population for Clan Common Defence, thus permitting the remaining three Clans a freer hand to go over to Full Attack. As each of the Clans takes it's "Pathing to Terra"" planet, it in turn can drop into Clan Common Defense with a purpose to safeguard ALL Clan worlds.

Once Clan planets are secure (20% or less) then all additional Inner Sphere planets (non-Pathing to Terra) can be targeted.

IMO, this would be one way to realize sequential, synchronized Clan Campaign Management.

#83 Dungeon Keeper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:54 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 28 February 2015 - 10:51 AM, said:

first faction to lose all its planets to the righteous fury of the Clan

Not on my watch

#84 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

<----- This Icon (Kurita for 24hs on 01MAR) happens when you travel abroad to visit Units, make performance-based, contractual bonus clause payments and visit your Alternate Account. Besides... if there is ONE thing that beats FRR Tukayyidian Mead, it is drinking saki while watching the Cherry Blossoms fall in Imperial City Luthien!

View PostDungeon Keeper, on 01 March 2015 - 12:54 PM, said:

Not on my watch

tbh I would have it no other way!

Honorable and highly proficient/productive "opponents-of-the-moment" are almost as important as similarly notable Allies. How better can you measure your own Unit's game acumen that to run matches agains the best the game has to offer?

As JGx comes back on line in a week, I would hope to find ALL of us once more a field in CW, enjoying the pleasure of a close match, well-fought and honorably won.

Until then, good luck and good gaming!

v/r PH

#85 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:53 PM

Prussian, seriously, no one cares. You need to step away from the forums for a few days

#86 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:20 PM

View Poststratagos, on 01 March 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Prussian, seriously, no one cares. You need to step away from the forums for a few days

I understand and appreciate your opinion, but I have no plans to step away from the forums.

#87 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:19 AM

View Poststratagos, on 01 March 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Please speak for yourself. I do care, since he managed to bring two merc units on his Clan's side using an "unconventional" method that is actually close to what the sytem to hire mercs should be. We could learn something.

#88 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:47 AM

OMG ROFLMAO

Kurita forces thought they were hot ****, ignored the new Star League, attacked all IS forces, then begged IS for help to defend themselves from Clan attack on their home planet.

Now Kurita wants to ally with the Clans because IS is kicking their arses.

If Kurita continues this cycle, we can officially start calling them the 'call girls' of the Innersphere.

Truly pathetic

#89 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostRelaed, on 02 March 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

From what i can see, no Kurita unit is allying with the Clans, just some merc units being hired by CSJ. What are you talking about exactly?

#90 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:37 AM

View PostRelaed, on 02 March 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

OMG ROFLMAO

Kurita forces thought they were hot ****, ignored the new Star League, attacked all IS forces, then begged IS for help to defend themselves from Clan attack on their home planet.

If Kurita continues this cycle, we can officially start calling them the 'call girls' of the Innersphere.

Truly pathetic

DC is quite awesome at least in lore. They have a huge and powerful military which is why every IS faction would rather have peace with them rather then war, their mech warriors see themselves as samurais so they basically fight with the same intensity as clan warriors and thier mechs (Jenner!) are awesome. They could have crushed the FRR if the clans didn't invade. They are actually one of my favorite IS factions. Don't know why so much hate, yea they created the first succession war but Comstar also started a lot of succession wars and they even plotted to have the clans take over terra and yet I don't see a lot of Comstar hate. The DC is actually doing well for themselves in CW and i don't think that Galaxy commander Prussian havocs vaction in Luthen is a sign of an alliance

Edited by Grimwill, 02 March 2015 - 09:47 AM.

#91 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

I think the faction switching has more to do with long-winded, pointless posts, incessant RP, and social disruption, just like another fellow who tried the same thing and found himself on the receiving end of the community.

It's just that this new TL;DR poster thought he could bribe his way back into good graces with c-bills no unit can even use yet, and then marches around the forums some more showing off ppt slides as a front to hide the fact no faction wants any part of his special brand of player. That's my personal analysis anyway.

CSJ needs more mercs? The last time they were stacked with mercs, Kurita did its favorite ancient honorable tactic: run away to an easier front. So CSJ gets more mercs to do what, drop turrets for hours on end? Just look at what's happening right now on the dave front.

The mercs took the money, since a chump and his c-bills are soon parted, will be super bored for a week, perhaps even break contract and laugh while looking at a bloated unit coffer (still useless until months from now in Phase 3, assuming PGI adheres to the plan).

I know first hand: mercs come for the fights, because plentiful, salty-tear rubbed salmon fills the belly and the bank account.

Edited by bobF, 02 March 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#92 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:13 AM

I thought mercs fought for the money, and Prussian gave them more money they can ever hope to earn in a lifetime..

When they will be able to use all that money, though, is still an unanswered question :P

However, the foreseeing man prepares. Because winter is coming.

#93 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:15 AM

<----- It is good to be HOME (returned from time in FRR and House Kurita)

Personal criticisms aside, Bob brings up the point of "What Motivates Mercenaries."

I have found that PGI's % improvement over LP and C-bills is a great start... BUT Mercs want to be MERCS. "Selling their services to the highest bidder, looking into the teeth of tremendous odds AND STILL TAKING THE CONTRACT" can ALL be strong motivators when Units vote on questions of factional contracts and to which Faction to move to next.

The allure of "performance based incentive clauses" can prove a remarkable enticement, as proof I offer: Posted Image
...yes, each Unit has worked with me to incidentally and incrementally craft the following Feature Suggestion.

I would like to invite all TRULY concerned or critical Viewers of my thread here to look to review and contribute to:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4244844

Please remember, we will see after Launch what we worked for here in Beta.
You don't like something. - speak up.
Similarly if something appears to work, speak up and ensure we end recognizing its value.

If CW Launch fails for ANYTHING short of overwhelmed "MWO Gift Store servers", WE as BETA gamers deserve what we end up with.

- Make use of the time here in Beta to submit feasible, substantive Feature Suggestions to the MWO forums.

#94 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 02 March 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

DC is quite awesome at least in lore. They have a huge and powerful military which is why every IS faction would rather have peace with them rather then war, their mech warriors see themselves as samurais so they basically fight with the same intensity as clan warriors and thier mechs (Jenner!) are awesome. They could have crushed the FRR if the clans didn't invade. They are actually one of my favorite IS factions. Don't know why so much hate, yea they created the first succession war but Comstar also started a lot of succession wars and they even plotted to have the clans take over terra and yet I don't see a lot of Comstar hate. The DC is actually doing well for themselves in CW and i don't think that Galaxy commander Prussian havocs vaction in Luthen is a sign of an alliance

Which is why Smoke Jaguar wanted to fight them--they were seen as the only worthy opponent in the IS.

#95 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:55 PM

It all starts when you, my Trothkin, begin to believe this:

"We are neither Warden nor Crusader, We are Clan"

This is what the Clans were before we all strayed from Nikolas's path.

#96 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:23 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 02 March 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Which is why Smoke Jaguar wanted to fight them--they were seen as the only worthy opponent in the IS.

You know what would make house kurita even cooler?

ninjas

just saying,

#97 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 02 March 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

"We are neither Warden nor Crusader, We are Clan"

:) Clan Snow Raven has stayed true to this. This philosophy helped ensure CSR's survival in dire times, as well as secure important allies.

#98 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:31 AM

I think CSR was classified as a mixed Warden/Crusader philosophy.

#99 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 04 March 2015 - 05:32 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 02 March 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

You know what would make house kurita even cooler?

ninjas

just saying,

Rather more of this (6RNT, NS, 36th, etc):
Posted Image

...though some of this (NKVA), is inevitable I suppose:
Posted Image

#100 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 02 March 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

&quot;We are neither Warden nor Crusader, We are Clan&quot;

View PostRepasy, on 02 March 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

:) Clan Snow Raven has stayed true to this. This philosophy helped ensure CSR's survival in dire times, as well as secure important allies.

View PostCyclonerM, on 03 March 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

I think CSR was classified as a mixed Warden/Crusader philosophy.

Posted Image

CSR [a favorite of mine for its cutting edge (though late in delivery - See Leviathan) Naval Forces] did indeed favor a bifurcated approach to the question of, "Warden / Crusader?"

"Clan Snow Raven chose to follow neither path, instead choosing a "best of both worlds" path, combining the Crusaders' drive and the Wardens' patience, quite arguably to great effect." - http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4244844

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 09 March 2015 - 10:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users