Hey! We're About To Lose Cappella, And That Seems Wierd, Being We're The Cappellan Confederation.

64 replies to this topic

#1 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

But srsly.

We're trying to defend it, but we're unreliable pirates, so youse guis should get it together and maybe pile onto this thing before it becomes Dave's new rec room.

Edited by HARDKOR, 19 January 2015 - 05:52 PM.

#2 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

You guys can be know as "The Confederation formerly known as the Cappellan Confederation."

Or maybe...

The Cappellan Sian Confederation.

Or maybe...

Future site of Davion Low Rent Apartments.

#3 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

Can't imagine any faction or PGi for that matter thinks losing a faction is a good thing. At the rate it's going....Sigh

#4 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

(but in all seriousness, we had a few really good fights tonight.)

#5 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

Posted Image

#6 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 19 January 2015 - 05:50 PM, said:

But srsly.

We're trying to defend it, but we're unreliable pirates, so youse guis should get it together and maybe pile onto this thing before it becomes Dave's new rec room.

Weren't you Steiner, like last week?

#7 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 19 January 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Weren't you Steiner, like last week?

So he changes factions like underwear.....

#8 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

Underwear are worth more, to a pirate. :D

#9 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

Actually, at this point we're the canary in the coal mine.

Lowest number of players in the critical 3 hours before planet flips, large number of people outside that time slot. We've hit that critical point where nobody really gives a flying fig anymore as I was watching Liao players sitting there fighting Clanners while Texlos ghost dropped repeatedly (and starting a defense on Texlos led to a 30-minute wait of "nobody home") on day 39.

To whit, nobody's even bothering at this point as CW only matters if you're playing 1/8 of the day. That'll likely change a bit on the 20th, but for now it's "Davion wins. Woo. Yay. " People want to actually play in CW, the action is Clan vs IS, and the results are frequently PUGs of all six IS factions just piddling around while Clanners blow holes in them.

I proceeded to go to the solo queue to get my challenge done. I saw plenty of Liao players there. Virtually none of them cared about CW at this point, and some of the comments I got were unrepeatable without plenty of censorship about not wanting to play anything that required large groups to be effective.

#10 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:43 AM

View Postwanderer, on 19 January 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Actually, at this point we're the canary in the coal mine.

Lowest number of players in the critical 3 hours before planet flips, large number of people outside that time slot. We've hit that critical point where nobody really gives a flying fig anymore as I was watching Liao players sitting there fighting Clanners while Texlos ghost dropped repeatedly (and starting a defense on Texlos led to a 30-minute wait of "nobody home") on day 39.

To whit, nobody's even bothering at this point as CW only matters if you're playing 1/8 of the day. That'll likely change a bit on the 20th, but for now it's "Davion wins. Woo. Yay. " People want to actually play in CW, the action is Clan vs IS, and the results are frequently PUGs of all six IS factions just piddling around while Clanners blow holes in them.

I proceeded to go to the solo queue to get my challenge done. I saw plenty of Liao players there. Virtually none of them cared about CW at this point, and some of the comments I got were unrepeatable without plenty of censorship about not wanting to play anything that required large groups to be effective.

Sad to say wanderer, but there are a couple of reasons for it. Most of those that play in the premium time before CF are tired and/or bored with CW . There is no incentive to play CW , where the only thing that matters is population during certain times of the day, and being able to flood people in queues. The fact that defenders have been and possibly will continue to be screwed due to a system that rewards the people who are in queue first, thus the faction who floods the queues, only compounds the problem..

On several occasions on multiple forums I have posted what I think would solve a lot of issues with CW. All PGI had to do was make it so a successful defense changed the percentage, instead of it changing nothing. That way defenders always defended, unless they were in queue with no attackers then they would Counter attack. Attackers would always attack.. That way it doesn't matter who gets in queue first, defenders will defend and attackers will attack. If the defenders win they gain a piece of the pie back in their favor, if they lose, they lose a piece of the pie.

#11 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

I feel with you Liao Guys :( Would try to help if I could. And before CW I didn't even care for Liao... I hope you will get your People together soon and put up a good Fight !

And then hope that PGI does something about that ASAP.

Edited by Joe Decker, 20 January 2015 - 01:36 AM.

#12 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

The lame part was we ghost dropped on it three times before losing our 12th guy and going back to the pub cue. We came to fight, and after you show the new guys the map a few times, it's hard to keep people interested for fighting turrets.

#13 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

Just think. After today youll be losing worlds 3 times as fast.

#14 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:49 AM

Honestly:
Rasalhague is completely surrounded and nobody comes ever to defend or attack in our border, its just us against the world, so, man, i couldnt care less.

At least, if u loose it, u fight other IS mechs to recover, in the FRR we have to fight 3 clans at a time.

#15 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:56 AM

I good lord. You picked the faction that is dead center in front of the clan freight train the whine at everyone else for not defending you. I'm beginning to agree with Roadbeer and say to hell with FRR.

#16 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

Quit yer whining and get back to the battle... Clans / IS does not matter... enemy at the gates, give them hell.
(And looking at Qs, guess I need to fill in for other parts of clan front)

#17 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

No offense to the FRR guys but I kinda saw the clan stomp coming when news of CW first was a thing............

Kudos to the chaps who choose to play ultra hard mode though.

#18 Grynos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

You can blame lore and/or PGI for that. PGI could have spread out the clans around the Inner Sphere yet they chose not to. Perhaps it was due to lore, but in all honesty it was a poor decision on PGI's part for CW.

#19 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

Our dog is dragging his butt all over your carpet. You don't want this place back, we trashed the place. :)

#20 MrWhite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

*yawn* have it for all I care cause honestly my computers hard drive crashed and when I get it back up and running I dunno if I'll even be bothered to reinstall this mess, been having more fun with Elite Dangerous... Enjoy the urban mech and jumping madcats and daishis guys... GG Close...

Edited by MrWhite, 20 January 2015 - 09:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users