Question

16 replies to this topic

#1 Carnivore 2k4

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

I am not really dying in each match, but the base stats count every match I play as "Death", no matter the outcome. And even though I don't really care, this makes my already abysmal stats look even worse (and especially the k/d ration meaningless).

Somebody has any idea if this is intended this way and why?

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

Sounds like a bug to me. If you're not dying, it shouldn't count as a death. I would be tempted to put in a ticket just to let them know about it.

#3 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:42 AM

K/D ratio means virtually nothing in this game. Some roles are somewhat predestined to perish in the course of battle for the greater good of the match outcome. (imagine how an assault may spearhead a push and soak up all the enemies attacks while his team can bank on the opportunity to strike)

That said, there's a lot to be said about increasing your survival rate.

Spoiler

Answer all those questions to yourself and let us know if anything here sparks any interest/something you'd like to learn more about. We can't be of much help unless you be more specific (i.e., what mechs and builds are you using, plus what kinda of playstyle are you trying, and the exact experiences you've been having - that helps us help you tremendously)

Edited by Tarogato, 20 January 2015 - 12:43 AM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:47 AM

Can you grab a screenshot of your stats so we ca see what you mean?

Keep in mind this is not a bug report section, this is just for players helping players and if your stats page is bugged or weird, we won't be able to fix it! Report bugs to support@mwomercs.com

#5 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

I have found the stats page to be pretty inconsistent. For instance I have 24 round in the locust 3m. I have only ever run it with 5 spl. My spl stats say I have used them 7 times. Also in those 7 rounds I have done over 4000 damage. Pretty sure that is not accurate ;) Same with a lot of other weapons. I have 0 rounds with ppc but fired it 22 times. I also had a death in a mech erased once early on after one round. I noticed because I was new and tracking my stats and had 2 kills 1 death and suddenly had 2 kills no death. So I don't trust the stats at all anymore.

#6 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

I earn 2-4 deaths per 1 match in cw. stats are meaningless until they revamp the system

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 20 January 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

I earn 2-4 deaths per 1 match in cw. stats are meaningless until they revamp the system

Statistics from CW games are not tracked in your stats at all.

For the OP - the stats pages suffer from several bugs, which can make them all somewhat meaningless. It's been a known-issue for a long time now. I get the feeling they've waited to do anything about it because they want to integrate the stats into the actual game-UI, but obviously that's just an assumption.

#8 Carnivore 2k4

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

Thank you for the replies.
This is how it looked right before i started playing today: http://i.imgur.com/T0Ac4wr.png?1
The number of deaths are exactly the numbers of wins+losses, I noticed that first when I was around 90 games under 'current' and this hasn't changed yet. However, I realized that stats are updated correctly right after the match and only some time later they get mixed up.
I will take a closer look at this the next few days and take a few more screenshots and then follow your suggestion and file q report.

Tarogato, thank you for your advice, but me being bad at the game is not really a problem, as it will eventually resolve itself - or at least I hope so ;). It's just the first time since the beta that I played more than a few dozen matches without leaving again for months.

edit: link

Edited by Carnivore 2k4, 20 January 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#9 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 20 January 2015 - 05:06 AM, said:

I have found the stats page to be pretty inconsistent. For instance I have 24 round in the locust 3m. I have only ever run it with 5 spl. My spl stats say I have used them 7 times. Also in those 7 rounds I have done over 4000 damage. Pretty sure that is not accurate ;) Same with a lot of other weapons. I have 0 rounds with ppc but fired it 22 times. I also had a death in a mech erased once early on after one round. I noticed because I was new and tracking my stats and had 2 kills 1 death and suddenly had 2 kills no death. So I don't trust the stats at all anymore.

Quoted for truth. The weapon stats at least are frequently not counted at all. I have at least several matches with CSRM6 that have flat out not been recorded, and a few NARC uses as well. Those are just the obvious ones, because I only tried them a few times. There is no telling how many SPL or whatever games weren't counted, though it's probably somewhere around 100.

#10 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:28 AM

if you didnt die you havent done enough to win.
you still have armor left. you still got a leg left. you still got weapons left.
how dare you to be victorious without dying in honor.
without dying like an endless stream of bullets hailing into enemy mech-cockpits.

#11 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Without contribution, neither dying nor surviving carries Honor.

Edited by Wolfiac, 20 January 2015 - 10:50 PM.

#12 Viken

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

I have been playing Spiders lately, which aren't known for killing things. My best KD ratio is .82 in the 5D.

However... my lowest WIN ratio with any of my Spiders is 1.29, also in the 5D.

I prefer Win Ratio being higher than KD ratio... but as everyone else has said, the arbitrary stats are rather meaningless at best, and buggy at worst.

#13 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

*looks at stats* Wow. My lowest win/loss is in the AS7-S, at 0.37. Best is TDR-9S at 4.00. That's a pretty big difference!

#14 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

My record was 7.00 w/l in cn9-ah I won the first seven matches I played in it. My stats have dropped significantly on it since then.

#15 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

^ haha, same! I had a very similar situation when I started leveling my Locust 1V. I sucked in that thing, so I guess got carried hard - must have had nearly 10 wins in a row to start with. I didn't realise it at the time until I looked back at my stats to contemplate which mechs to add to my signature, and I was like "WTF is this... ?"

Due to flukes like these, stats aren't really worth worrying about on a mech until about 80 games in when things start to even out and you get a feel for the mech and an appropriate build. So for however many mechs you own, add 80 games. If that isn't significantly less than the total number of matches you've played, then it's not time to start worrying about stats yet. =]

#16 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Wow, I was just examining my stats and realized I am still a total noob. 775 rounds but less than 50 maches in all of my non spider mechs. Might be time to stop buying new mechs . . . Maybe

#17 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

Every match I activate the LRM magnet, the SRM magnet, the bullet magnet, and, place re-direct mirrors on all my lance mates. :o :P :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users