- - - - -

Completed: Operation Mech Bay

52 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

All mechbays have been given out. Five in total, thanks to Alexander for the additional bays.
PM's were sent, if you need help figuring out how to activate the code, just post up.
Thanks for reading, and all systems, nominal!

Customer service gave me a code for a free mech bay as way of saying sorry and thanks at the same time when they helped me resolve an issue. BUT THEY ACTUALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM! The mech bay code wasn't really needed. I was happy with the fix...now...what to do, what to do with a FREE mech bay I have no need of- I got half a dozen empty bays now.. Covet it? Activate it? Give it to one of my friends who have been playing MWO for a couple of years?? Hmmmm
BTW, the support group here is really bending over backwards to fix things. I've been online gaming since 1998, and have YET to see a support group actually FIX things, or do their very best to make it right.

ok, onto the challenge

I'm offering a mech bay code, for free, but like anything around here, its not that easy!

You must be a NEW player who has an account that is 6 months or LESS ONLY

Dont send me PM's, Post in this thread.
Based on reading the threads, and actually searching your name in the forums to make sure its not a double account, or someone bragging in another thread about having just bought a 50 dollar package, YOU will receive the code for a FREE mech bay.

Thats it, the ONLY stipulation is posting here, you have not been here longer than six (6) months and actually NEED a mech bay to help grind out mechs instead of having to sell them to make room to finish off the variants!

I'll PM you the code FRIDAY NIGHT AROUND 6PM EST. If the person receiving said mech bay wants to post their name, excellent, I wont. I'll simply edit this post and announce its over.
Fair enough?

Ok, whats your cool story bro'?

EDIT: Thanks to Alexander Gardens donation of another TWO bays, for a total now of THREE bays to be given away Friday evening!

Edited by That Dawg, 23 January 2015 - 02:57 PM.

#2 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:00 AM

I've been around for a lot longer than 6 months (and certainly don't need the 'Mechbay), but I just wanted to say I'm glad Support gave you such good service, and good on you for "paying it forward" :)

#3 Dino Might

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

Awesome - thanks for doing this. I think we definitely need more new player outreach. I'm hoping that this is still ok in PGI's eyes. Considering that the gifting system is in place, I think it's fully within the spirit of their gesture, and it's even better that you are giving it to a new player.

I recently started an alt account to get a feel for what it's like to be a new player,again, and it can be brutal. The more we help them out, the better for everyone.

Edited by Dino Might, 20 January 2015 - 08:02 AM.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Nice move!

PGI's support is amazing (and always has been). They've helped me many times and have always been friendly and straight. They did such a good thing for me on my (honest) word yesterday, that I'm unwilling to share it because I'm afraid some folks might try to repeat it dishonestly.

#5 DERANGEDDM

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

Hi -
Long time MW/Battletech fan (laminated BT maps and boxed sets in the garage, along with several tech manuals). Just got a computer and HOTAS in December so I can finally play. Picked up 2 mech bays in the Christmas event, but would love one more so I have a spare while grinding Ice Ferret mastery once I can buy them with CBills. My planned CW drop deck is two Timber Wolves (just mastered this weekend) and either two Ice Ferrets or a Kit Fox and a Sommoner (IIRC).

Thanks for considering me. My account may be a bit older but until the new PC play wasn't possible (never got past training grounds)...

Edited by DERANGEDDM, 20 January 2015 - 08:10 AM.

#6 LameoveR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Hello!
I would like to have this mechbay, cause i've got only one empty now. It needs to master a King Crab without spending much c-bills.

#7 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 20 January 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Customer service gave me a code for a free mech bay as way of saying sorry and thanks at the same time when they helped me resolve an issue. BUT THEY ACTUALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM! The mech bay code wasn't really needed. I was happy with the fix...now...what to do, what to do with a FREE mech bay I have no need of- I got half a dozen empty bays now.. Covet it? Activate it? Give it to one of my friends who have been playing MWO for a couple of years?? Hmmmm
BTW, the support group here is really bending over backwards to fix things. I've been online gaming since 1998, and have YET to see a support group actually FIX things, or do their very best to make it right.

ok, onto the challenge

I'm offering a mech bay code, for free, but like anything around here, its not that easy!

Very awesome. Great member of the community here folks.

Posted Image

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:04 AM

+1 to you for sharing your windfall :)

#9 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:27 PM

Only a couple of posters qualify so far? Dang, might end this earlier than thought, LOL

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

You'll likely see more. Give it time. Some might think it's a hoax or something.

Anyway, for those looking to redeem the code, there is a"Redeem" button next to the green "Online" icon (which shows the servers are online).
The redeem button at the top of the screen will lead you to a code punchy thing as well as a 'redeemed history'. Simply copy/paste the code you get there.

Far as redeem history, here's mine.
Posted Image

If I wind up getting a code from support, I might do something similar. But last few times I bugged support, I wound up with premium time instantly banked.

As if I need more. :P
(Snapshot taken a few days before this post).
Posted Image
Funny thing is I have never, once, ever, bought premium time directly. It just comes with stuff. And I had already used all the stuff from Phoenix and Founder packages, so this isn't including those and it was 402 days when I started.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Oh, also you might edit the topic (using "Full editor" when you edit the original post) to say "Free mechbay giveaway", as right now with the subject title I thought the topic was maybe "How do I get a free mechbay" rather than "Here, have one!"

#12 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Hey!

I'll provide That Dawg with another MechBay code to give away as part of this whole thing.

In return for their generosity I'll also inject That Dawg's account with another MechBay---no, no, that doesn't make sense.....Whatever, I'll just provide That Dawg with yet another MechBay code to give away!

#13 TheSilken

• 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Been playing since late October 2014 and have 1 open mechbay left. I could definitely use it but someone who has zero left would benefit more. I must say I'm loving this new giving attitude that is developing around here. Hopefully PGI will continue to support gifting and maybe even help my group out with prizes for our event that we have been working on since November. Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by TheSilken, 20 January 2015 - 03:37 PM.

#14 GreyNovember

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,331 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

Well. You heard them gents. 4 Mechbays now to be given away to new players.

May your collection grow.

#15 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

I'd give away my soul if my unit permissions got fixed after 3 months of waiting and having support tell me how to do it when i know how but literally cannot!

#16 CdtWeasel

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Wow mister Dawg you are a really nice and great player. You can dock your mech in my bay anytime, and I wont even make you buy me dinner first.

#17 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostCdtWeasel, on 20 January 2015 - 05:01 PM, said:

Wow mister Dawg you are a really nice and great player. You can dock your mech in my bay anytime, and I wont even make you buy me dinner first.

Posted Image

#18 Hammer 13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 111 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

My son, who heard me talk about my 'days of old' in MW2 reintroduced me to MWO about a month ago. I actually played the original Mech Warrior game, the one before the internet. I was in a clan way back when too(MW2 and Mercs), about 15 or 20 years ago. Been awhile.

Anyway, I have almost elited my Hunchback and am pretty intent on not spending a dime if I do not have too. So of course another bay would be awesome! I plan on trying to get a Maddog and Timber Wolf and of course we all need just one more, but those are next on my list. It would be nice to have another bay freed up so I don't have to sell off my hours of hard work.

Any consideration is appreciated.

#19 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

Good on you Dawg!

Woof!

#20 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 20 January 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

ok, onto the challenge

Dont send me PM's, Post in this thread.
Based on reading the threads, and actually searching your name in the forums to make sure its not a double account, or someone bragging in another thread about having just bought a 50 dollar package, YOU will receive the code for a FREE mech bay.

Thats it, the ONLY stipulation is posting here, you have not been here longer than six (6) months and actually NEED a mech bay to help grind out mechs instead of having to sell them to make room to finish off the variants!

I'll PM you the code FRIDAY NIGHT AROUND 6PM EST. If the person receiving said mech bay wants to post their name, excellent, I wont. I'll simply edit this post and announce its over.
Fair enough?

Ok, whats your cool story bro'?

EDIT: Thanks to Alexander Gardens donation of another TWO bays, for a total now of THREE bays to be given away Friday evening!

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Hey!

I'll provide That Dawg with another MechBay code to give away as part of this whole thing.

In return for their generosity I'll also inject That Dawg's account with another MechBay---no, no, that doesn't make sense.....Whatever, I'll just provide That Dawg with yet another MechBay code to give away!

These dudes. I like their style.

I don't need a mechbay (at least not like a newbie) and I think it's super-cool that we're trying to improve the new player experience both as players and devs, especially since I'm trying to get my dad into the game.

Two thumbs up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users