Patch Notes - 1.3.363 - 20-Jan-2015

66 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

Welcome to the first patch of 2015. For this new-year-patching-kick-off we’re rolling out a number of bug fixes and improvements.

Call To Arms notifications will now provide a better indication as to which battles require players. These notifications will now only trigger when there is already a 12-player team of Attackers or Counter-Attackers waiting in a Lobby. This means that the notification popup will not continue to go out if there is already a fully-formed strike team ready to answer the Call To Arms and jump into a match. This change should significantly reduce the long queue times associated with answering a Call To Arms notification.

The Community Warfare Ceasefire window now occurs every 8 hours, allowing players from varying global regions equal access to peak play times and game-changing battles over the Inner Sphere.

The initial roll-out of the Faction Grouping system is now in place! Under the original system, players could only invite friends who were members of the same Unit into a Group. Under the new system, any player on your Friend list who is of the same Faction can join your Group. We'll continue to roll out new features and changes to the Faction Grouping system in future patches, so stay tuned for more information!

Finally, as part of the Clan Reinforcements Initiative, 12 new Clan 'Mech Variants are now available in the Gift Store! You can check out the Clan Reinforcements FAQ here!
Click the 'Mech links below for more details on each of these new Clan Variants.

Change Log
Power/Override Behavior Changes

- Override ('O') can now be toggled on and off with no time limit (previously would only toggle on for 5 seconds).
- Manually powering up and down ('P') will disable override.
- Disabling override while overheating will re-engage the safety and shut down your 'Mech.
- Override can be toggled while shut down, and will power up the 'Mech.

General Changes

- Enemy ECM no longer affects turrets.
- Call to Arms notifications will now indicate how close the pending match is to launching as 12 v 0.
- Default game save folder changed to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games directory

Faction Grouping

- Group leaders can now invite any player who is part of their Faction (Unit membership restriction is no longer in-game).
- For this initial release of the Faction Grouping system, players must still be on the group leader’s Friend list. Allowing group leaders to invite players not on their Friend list will be addressed in a later patch.
- Players who are either not currently in the same Faction (or whose previous contract with that Faction has expired) cannot be invited.
- Players who enter an invalid state (ie. expired contract) while in a group will cause the group to not be able to launch until this issue is resolved by the player or group leader.

Bug Fixes

- Invasion corridor selection algorithm has been adjusted to fix several issues.
- Logging in during a ceasefire will no longer erroneously show planets as attack-able or defend-able in the planet info panel.
- Call to Arms notifications are now only issued when an opposing team cannot be located within 20 seconds.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player would see the wrong reward screen when returning to the front-end after a Community Warfare match.
- If a player dies from being out of bounds, the death screen will now show 'Destroyed by Out of Bounds'.
- Bunch of localization bugs fixed.
- The 'Subtotal' entry in the End of Round screen now reflects the pre-bonus reward value.
- User should no longer see the error message "Unknown Failure" when redeeming item(s) upon logging in.
- Users can no longer tilt their ‘Mech’s body before a full power-up
- Dropdown arrows will no longer overlap text on the faction screen
- The Exchange XP slider now accurately reflects the XP conversion
- Faction loyalty achievement text now accurately reflects the updated required LP
- When a planet is at 100% the % symbol is no longer cut off
- When reconnecting to the Drop Preparation screen the time remaining is now displayed correctly
- When rejoining a CW match the camera will now correctly display the inside of the cockpit
- When spectating a dead ‘Mech (no live ‘Mechs left) placeholder text will no longer be displayed on screen
- IS borders will now properly display in 3D vision
- Players will now correctly receive Unit Invitations without having to re-log
- Ready / Not Ready buttons will no longer remain after leaving a unit group
- The DropShip will no longer overlap with the store interface
- Upon leaving a Private Lobby the camera will no longer face the pilot
- Clan UAC range modules now correctly describe them as Clan
- The Hellbringer now leaves footprints
- User is no longer able to receive unit invites from a blocked user

We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!

- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

Where are my screenshots?

EDIT:
Okay, I found them: If anybody has the same problem, check: "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Documents\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots"

It would have been nice if PGI said first what they are going to do ...

Edited by martian, 20 January 2015 - 11:56 AM.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

So the omnipods for the new clan mech variants? do they get unlocked in the mechlab when being purchased? or does this mena someone buying sucha chassis via giftshop will have the pods only once? because currently the mechlab does not list those omnipods.

#4 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:42 AM

still no ballistic hit detection fixes? I still have ac20's going though targets and only causing splash damage on the the back of the mech. There have been matches where its takes 16 ac20s to bring down a shut down medium.
Also it appears they dont do proper damaged on 'curved' surfaces IE stalkers, Timberworlves or Cats. Where shots between the CT and ST disappear, and to get a CT hit you have to be dead center.

I have a lot of game recording to prove this and all the support tickets have gone unresolved.

#5 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

...WHERE DO I GO TO BUY THESE NEW CLAN VARIANTS!? I have been waiting for the Warhawk C since before the initial release of the Clans (at which point I was saddened because no CT energy hardpoint) and now I finally get the chance! :D

Oh, and also lots of other neat little goodies. Keep it up, PGI guys! ^_^

#6 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

That override feature sounds good. Although I suspect some people may start accidentally killing themselves when they leave Override on. Muahahaha!

#7 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostWonderSparks, on 20 January 2015 - 11:43 AM, said:

...WHERE DO I GO TO BUY THESE NEW CLAN VARIANTS!? I have been waiting for the Warhawk C since before the initial release of the Clans (at which point I was saddened because no CT energy hardpoint) and now I finally get the chance! :D

Oh, and also lots of other neat little goodies. Keep it up, PGI guys! ^_^

here

#8 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:48 AM

Hey everyone,

The Clan Reinforcements FAQ can be found here.

Q: When will these 'Mechs be available in-game for purchase with MC and C-Bills?

The MC and C-Bill release dates for all 'Clan Reinforcements' Variants is April 21st, 2015.

#9 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

Faction Grouping

- Group leaders can now invite any player who is part of their Faction (Unit membership restriction is no longer in-game).
- For this initial release of the Faction Grouping system, players must still be on the group leader’s Friend list. Allowing group leaders to invite players not on their Friend list will be addressed in a later patch.
- Players who are either not currently in the same Faction (or whose previous contract with that Faction has expired) cannot be invited.
- Players who enter an invalid state (ie. expired contract) while in a group will cause the group to not be able to launch until this issue is resolved by the player or group leader.

Well 1/2 a loaf is a great start. Might see a lot of "friends" being added then dropped. But still a giant step forward in saving CW

#10 BanditB17

Competitive Play Moderator & Shoutcaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • WC 2017 Shoutcaster
  • 517 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

No private lobby fixes? :(

#11 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

Camo specs for King Crab and Mad Dog are not available. I was looking forward to finally painting them up nice a pretty. Is this just a slip of the mind or is there a detail i missed as to when they would be available?

#12 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

64-bit client crahsed right after this patch. 32-bit seems to work, but lost all user settings.

#13 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

Hey everyone,

The Clan Reinforcements FAQ can be found here.

[size=4].

Wish you would have also offered them in a package, maybe with a small premium time incentive attached, as I would have bought them all without a second thought. Individually, I'm not sure I can justify the price for the mediocre ones.
I would have accepted as much as $60-$80 for the set of essentially some new omnipods, whereas you might get half that under the current piecemeal arrangement.

Edited by jay35, 20 January 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#14 Kojin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

- Default game save folder changed to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games directory

Saw this bit, how can I keep the original saved game path instead of using this change? I like where it is currently, thank you.

#15 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View PostKojin, on 20 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

- Default game save folder changed to C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games directory Saw this bit, how can I keep the original saved game path instead of using this change? I like where it is currently, thank you.

We changed the location of the USER folder to minimize the amount of writing that was being performed to those files originally located in the system-level directory.

This is the first step to streamlining our accordance with the User Account Control system.

#16 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostKojin, on 20 January 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

how can I keep the original saved game path instead of using this change? I like where it is currently, thank you.

Ditto.

#17 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 January 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

So the omnipods for the new clan mech variants? do they get unlocked in the mechlab when being purchased? or does this mena someone buying sucha chassis via giftshop will have the pods only once? because currently the mechlab does not list those omnipods.

It's not clear how and when the new omnipods will be available separate from buying the variant. In other words, when can current package owners expect to be able to buy the new omnipods a la carte in the mechlab?

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

We changed the location of the USER folder to minimize the amount of writing that was being performed to those files originally located in the system-level directory.

This is the first step to streamlining our accordance with the User Account Control system.

I am probably one of the %0.01 that care about such things but I am really, really glad to hear you are working to align the client with accepted software privilege practices. It bugs me every time I start the game to have to give it admin rights.

Edited by Gauvan, 20 January 2015 - 12:22 PM.

#18 PharmEcis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts
  • LocationSilver Spring, MD

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Anything about the plethora of crash to mechlab that many users including myself are experiencing? Ticket to support a week ago, no response. At my wits end on my end. Game is unplayable as is and not a damn thing changed on my end. Having invested more than a thousand USD in this game, I'm highly frustrated.

#19 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:22 PM

View PostSamurai 7, on 20 January 2015 - 11:42 AM, said:

still no ballistic hit detection fixes? I still have ac20's going though targets and only causing splash damage on the the back of the mech. There have been matches where its takes 16 ac20s to bring down a shut down medium.
Also it appears they dont do proper damaged on 'curved' surfaces IE stalkers, Timberworlves or Cats. Where shots between the CT and ST disappear, and to get a CT hit you have to be dead center.

I have a lot of game recording to prove this and all the support tickets have gone unresolved.

Ohhh....this would explain why that Misery took about six shots to kill from my AC40 KGC.

#20 zudukai

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

*edit*

Edited by zudukai, 20 January 2015 - 12:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users