Patch Notes - 1.3.363 - 20-Jan-2015

66 replies to this topic

#41 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

The turrets have a hardwired connection instead of having to rely on wireless.

#42 Gremlinn

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Downloaded Patch...can't get into a game...ran patcher 4 times (currently on my 5th) in a row...still has missing PAK files, always objects pack. I even tried running it in 32 bit instead of 64 and nothing.

#43 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:01 PM

View PostPeppaPig, on 20 January 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

Heat Over-ride - - worst thing yet - take it back to what it was with time limited effect. Currently no indication of overheat or as has happened with a number of people already, they disengage it and blow up immediately - - - yey

I definitely disagree. If the big OVERRIDE ENGAGED text at the top isn't enough of a warning, there's no such thing. And there was nothing worse than being in intense combat (the only time you ever really override anyway) and having to move your hands around and constantly just spam an extra key because you're not sure if it's about to wear off or not. The old system was awful, this is a huge improvement.

#44 M A S E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:40 PM

Yay lots of fixed and much needed additional features.
Hit detection could use a quick look at for AC20 and gauss. I fired clan gauss at a stand still atlas dead on in the CT and went straight through on boreal vault's alpha ramp. I had an ac 40 jager hit me in the back at one point and I know I shouldn't have been able to walk away from it. Same went for IS gauss in private matches

Mist Lynx hit boxes need to be looked at. I'm pretty sure all front torso hits will sometimes apply that damage to the back portions of the torso instead.

'Mech geometry fixes that I now of

Jagermech variants that use 2 energy hardpoints in the ST's. You can visually hide the 2nd energy weapon. not that you should put 4 ppc's in the ST's and leave out your high mount hardpoints... but currently... SURPRISE!!

Misery (the only mech variant I kept.. cause $) could use a fix on its hardpoint geometry. PPC's look like lasers, srm pods and AC ballistics.

But all in all... THIS is the kind of stuff that (even though long awaited for) is what makes my badge feel like it was money worth spending. Keep up the great work PGI. And a huge pat on the back to the community management and support teams. The diligence and consistency has gotten A LOT better.

Edited by M A S E, 20 January 2015 - 07:42 PM.

#45 Zfailboat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

so, its the first patch in over a month.

you changed turrets ecm, fixed a bunch of random randomness, like moving the screen shot folder (Really was this the most pressing issue for the month?)
oh and spent time on adding more things to buy.

you didn't. post anything about fixing hit reg
do any balance adjusting to mechs or quirks
address numerous issues with spawn locations
address issues with environmental hit boxes.

All in all the last 5 months of last year was pretty good, I would give PGI a 9/10

However the lack of vision / planning for the past month has been more than a little underwhelming. so for end of Dec - January. 5/10.

I have said it to many of the guys in my team / clan / group. The next time PGI gets something right is the next time I spend more cash. Currently Quirks are not right, Spawns are not right, Clans are not right, Hit reg is not right - CW, well its Beta so its what would be expected.

As each of the above gets updated and balanced, PGI gets a payment from me for a job well done. Until then I will continue to hope.

#46 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:40 PM

Thank you for the changes to override, this is how I always wanted it to function. Nothing worse than gambling on being able to kill the enemy before you explode from overheat only to discover when you fire those lasers one more time that the override had worn off already.

#47 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

So still no fix for the horrible FPS issues from smoke and steam?

It's really not any fun going from 60 fps to 10 as soon as my mech starts to get hot.

#48 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:02 PM

View PostRhialto, on 20 January 2015 - 01:20 PM, said:

"- IS borders will now properly display in 3D vision"

And while at it, it's about time you start looking at fixing bugs with 3D Vision.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't give a rat's behind for 3D vision. How about propper surround sound instead? That would benefit a lot more people and have much more positive implications on gameplay than spending dev time on niche feature. It's bad enough already that we have to suffer the nVidia promo every time we start the game.

#49 scruffy416

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:03 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

We changed the location of the USER folder to minimize the amount of writing that was being performed to those files originally located in the system-level directory.

This is the first step to streamlining our accordance with the User Account Control system.

So once you have accordance, we'll be able to launch MWO without the usual UAC prompts?

I'm crossing my fingers...

#50 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 20 January 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

It's really not any fun going from 60 fps to 10 as soon as my mech starts to get hot.

This happened to me after the patch in CW, 45 -> 12. Could not play it.
Non CW play, FPS normal.

Edited by ExoForce, 20 January 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#51 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

Pretty much the sort of stuff I expected to see after Russ stated they'd struggle to get a full blown patch out following the holiday period. Here's hoping for something more in a couple of weeks time.

#52 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:48 PM

Nothing about fread errors, and the so called repair tool doing anything but repairing?

I am now on my third run of the repair tool and its downloading the same 500GB of files because as soon as its done I go to launch and I am missing .PAK files.

All because the game decided to crash with the Fread error as I was trying to drop into my 10 or 12 Public group after doing a few CW with my unit.

#53 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

CTD through the roof!!!!
What ever you did PGI,,,,,, UNDO IT

#54 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:01 AM

View PostZfailboat, on 20 January 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

like moving the screen shot folder (Really was this the most pressing issue for the month?)

Probably.
They are not supposed to be saving things like that in Program Files, its against Windows standards, it makes UAC throw tantrums and is very likely related to all the problems people are having with patches failing to apply.

This is an important step towards putting things in the right place and stopping Windows from randomly borking at attempts to modify stuff within the restricted Program Files path.
It used to be that it was ok to stick everything in there, but MS changed that long ago and its been a curse ever since because devs keep trying to hammer their old ways into modern Windows.

#55 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

View PostKrazedOmega, on 20 January 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Same here and like everyone I guess so yeah, this definitly need a look. I guess if they provide a toggle, harcore players will turn it off... but do hc players run most settings at lower in favor of more perf and make sure no slowdown could occur? I'm not sure.

#56 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

View PostBors Mistral, on 20 January 2015 - 09:02 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but I couldn't give a rat's behind for 3D vision. How about propper surround sound instead?

Regardes, tu peux demander du son surround si tu veux mais viens pas te mêler d'une chose qui ne t'apporte rien... moi je pourrais te répondre que la majorité des joueurs jouent avec un casque donc le surround on s'en fout car le surround est surtout efficace avec un setup approprié mais fine tu as le droit de le demander et je vais pas commencer à dénigrer ta demande.

Le fait est que le support 3D Vision a été ajouté fin juillet et depuis jamais ils n'y ont retouché, ne serait-ce que pour corriger les quelques bogues suite à son introduction, ce qui est assez nul merci de la part d'un développeur. Quand tu ajoutes un truc, tu fais le suivi et corrige rapidement les petits problèmes et tu laisses pas traîner ça des mois.

Salutations

#57 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:37 AM

View PostJman5, on 20 January 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

That override feature sounds good. Although I suspect some people may start accidentally killing themselves when they leave Override on. Muahahaha!

This is just The Gods Of War way of saying...Don't Be Stupid. :D

#58 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostGremlinn, on 20 January 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Downloaded Patch...can't get into a game...ran patcher 4 times (currently on my 5th) in a row...still has missing PAK files, always objects pack. I even tried running it in 32 bit instead of 64 and nothing.

View PostEldamar, on 20 January 2015 - 11:48 PM, said:

Nothing about fread errors, and the so called repair tool doing anything but repairing?

I am now on my third run of the repair tool and its downloading the same 500GB of files because as soon as its done I go to launch and I am missing .PAK files.

All because the game decided to crash with the Fread error as I was trying to drop into my 10 or 12 Public group after doing a few CW with my unit.

This happened to me as well.... it took 4 complete REpair tool uses (2 hours+) over 2 gigs redownloaded for the game to work..

Putting game files on separate Harddrives (for me) is what I think is causing this problem.... my C Drive is almost full as it is and my D drive where my MWo game is with my profile name and screenshot folder is now moved to my C Drive which is basically full and has my windows (using Windows 7 here... never had problems with UAC because I turned that crap off)

Any workarounds? This latest patch is scary because its like Russian Roulette now whenever I boot up MWO

#59 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:00 AM

Nice, some more heatinefficent Clan Mech Variants wich are far to expensive!
There is no difference if it is a light virtual non phisical thing or an assault virtual non phisical thing.
So why are the Assaults 3 times more expensive?

#60 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Good patch !

The override change is great !

Time to see some engines exploding during Mechs running around and heavily firing their ER-PPCs.
Will be funny for sure...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users