86 replies to this topic

#21 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

Okay - I've been dropping for Steiner for a while now. I'm seeing one guy with five posts, and one with 98, and I don't think I've seen you on TS. Who are you guys?

#22 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCanterbury, England

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Oh good, more children who have completely missed the "Community" part of Community Warfare.

Yes, children. Because the last time I heard "You can't tell me what to do!" was from a 5 year old.

So because a few units decide they wish to be some kind of non elected government for all Steiner and Davion players they now run the whole show?

We are participating in a Beta for Community Warfare. As a 12 man we drop on any planet we can attack on or failing that any planet we can defend on. The same goes if a couple of us wish to engage in some CW to farm up some LP.

Your statement misses the point. A 5 year old may well say that but I am stating to you that you are not in a position of power to dictate what I or any of our unit do in our free time. This is a Beta environment and we are also not playing for anything other than pretty dots on a map right now. We want to shoot robots and we are typically not too bad at it as long as Misfir3 keeps away from the liquor cabinet. :D

When the time comes where there is some given meaning to CW rather than who flipped more planets between the US TZ and EU then perhaps LMC will have a change of heart.

What we do not appreciate is being dictated to on our own comms. without any prior engagement and then someone frankly fabricating what was said for the sake of a forum post. It's boring...find someone else's time to waste.

#23 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

So because a few units decide they wish to be some kind of non elected government for all Steiner and Davion players they now run the whole show?

We are participating in a Beta for Community Warfare. As a 12 man we drop on any planet we can attack on or failing that any planet we can defend on. The same goes if a couple of us wish to engage in some CW to farm up some LP.

Your statement misses the point. A 5 year old may well say that but I am stating to you that you are not in a position of power to dictate what I or any of our unit do in our free time. This is a Beta environment and we are also not playing for anything other than pretty dots on a map right now. We want to shoot robots and we are typically not too bad at it as long as Misfir3 keeps away from the liquor cabinet. :D

When the time comes where there is some given meaning to CW rather than who flipped more planets between the US TZ and EU then perhaps LMC will have a change of heart.

What we do not appreciate is being dictated to on our own comms. without any prior engagement and then someone frankly fabricating what was said for the sake of a forum post. It's boring...find someone else's time to waste.

tl:dr "You can't tell us what to do!"

Yeah, we heard you the first time.

The rest of your argument falls flat on it's face. You dropped on the only uncontested border available; trying to claim you were looking for a fight is risible.

Edited by Harathan, 20 January 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#24 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:59 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 03:48 PM, said:

LMC aligned to a House with multiple contested borders, chooses to attack the only uncontested border, and act like children when they get called out for it.

That about right?

Your'e overthinking

LMC has 5 guys on. LMC queues for CW. LMC likes to attack in CW as it is more challenging. Only planet with people queuing on it was Graham. End of story.

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 03:54 PM, said:

tl:dr "You can't tell us what to do!"

Yeah, we heard you the first time.

The rest of your argument falls flat on it's face. You dropped on the only uncontested border available; trying to claim you were looking for a fight is risible.

I'll make this easy for you as you don't want to read

Find someone else's time to waste

#25 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 03:59 PM, said:

I'll make this easy for you as you don't want to read

Find someone else's time to waste

I'll make this easy for you as you don't want to join the Community part of Community Warfare

Go play in the Public queue

Edited by Harathan, 20 January 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#26 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'll make this easy for you as you don't want to play nicely with the rest of the Community

The 'Rest of the Community' being you and the rest of your forum trolls.

Once they introduce the button specifically for you that prevents us from participating in CW then sure we'll Public Queue.

Until then Find someone else's time to waste

#27 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:04 PM

View PostMisfir3, on 20 January 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

house davion holds the most planets, shares no border with the clans, attacks the servitors of capella with impunity, and crys about a skirmish on a quiet front!
you dont act like friends, you act like your simply placating us while you secure dominion over kurita and liao.

Actually, the going plan as I understand it is to have an inner sphere that is half yellow, half blue.

#28 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

If you'd like to actually attack things all the time, change that faction tag to "Liao".

Not only does it pay better, but nobody will whine about you attacking Davion worlds. And it's Clan-irritant free!

#29 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

I'll make this easy for you as you don't want to join the Community part of Community Warfare

The amount of times you go on other threads to tell others the correct ways to have fun is quite large.

#30 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

I'm gonna tell you guys a story.

Once upon a time there was a small Davion unit who decided to violate a multi-unit treaty by attacking New Earth. In all following drops they enjoyed long (30+ minutes) queues as no one on the Davion side was willing to support their attacks/defenses. They fell into line as a part of the larger community and no longer have this problem.

#31 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 04:03 PM, said:

The 'Rest of the Community' being you and the rest of your forum trolls.

Once they introduce the button specifically for you that prevents us from participating in CW then sure we'll Public Queue.

Until then Find someone else's time to waste

The rest of the Community being the rest of the Community. Asking you to stop trolling in CW does not make us the trolls.

Until you've reached a level of maturity that precludes using "You can't tell me what to do!" as your main defence:

Find somewhere else to play.

View PostMadWOPR, on 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

The amount of times you go on other threads to tell others the correct ways to have fun is quite large.

The amount of times you misquote and twist what I've said is, by weird coincidence, equally large.

View Postwanderer, on 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

If you'd like to actually attack things all the time, change that faction tag to "Liao".

Not only does it pay better, but nobody will whine about you attacking Davion worlds. And it's Clan-irritant free!

Nah, that would involve them actually wanting to engage with the existing community. You know, the ones who have built the factions as they are today. Apparently, the existing community are all trolls for actually engaging in the Community part of Community Warfare. Or something.

Edited by Harathan, 20 January 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#32 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

View Postwanderer, on 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

Although LMC would love to take up that offer Wanderer we are also Steiner through and through :)

That being said, all the hot air can be blown in the world. All the time there is an attack symbol and people queuing, we'll be 'participating in community warfare' just like everyone else without all the self-righteous guff I've seen spewed in this thread. We're just gamers having fun.

#33 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

The rest of the Community being the rest of the Community. Asking you to stop trolling in CW does not make us the trolls.

Until you've reached a level of maturity that precludes using "You can't tell me what to do!" as your main defence:

Find somewhere else to play.

The amount of times you misquote and twist what I've said is, by weird coincidence, equally large.

Nah, that would involve them actually wanting to engage with the existing community. You know, the ones who have built the factions as they are today. Apparently, the existing community are all trolls for actually engaging in the Community part of Community Warfare. Or something.

So you tell us how to play and then tell someone that you don't tell people how to play? I guess TL;DR covers about 1 word in your books. Oh well. Continue making yourself look utterly fabulous at your own peril I suppose. This has given me an awfully good chuckle before bed. Hope to fight you soon and Good fight by the way for the one game we may have had against your bunch, was a real close one.

#34 Kasechemui

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

As a member of the group of 1RG and TJ I can assure you that there will be no more attacks by our two units.

Consider those fights as a small borderline encounter between "friends". :P

#35 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:18 PM

20 kids in a playground, playing soccer. Teams have long ago been decided, everyone is playing along.

5 kids suddenly walk onto the playground and start kicking their ball into one of the goals, right in the middle of everyone else's game. When asked to stop, resort to "You can't tell us what to do!".

Stay classy LMC, you're certainly making yourselves look fabulous.

I'm not telling you *how* to play, but if you're playing in a way that's disruptive to other people, you're going to get called on it.

Edited by Harathan, 20 January 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#36 Xeren KelDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 190 posts
  • LocationNAIS

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

Although LMC would love to take up that offer Wanderer we are also Steiner through and through :)

That being said, all the hot air can be blown in the world. All the time there is an attack symbol and people queuing, we'll be 'participating in community warfare' just like everyone else without all the self-righteous guff I've seen spewed in this thread. We're just gamers having fun.

As an aside, don't want to get involved in the argument too much, but why are you Steiner through and through? If it's a lore thing that's cool as Battletech has some interesting story to it, but wouldn't that mean you'd consider yourself the Lyran part of the Federated Commonwealth? I mean I know Victor Davion didn't take the throne till mid 3050's (3055 I think?), but if it's a lore thing wouldn't attacking the realm of the Archon's husband (and her son's future realm) kind of being anti Steiner?

If its just playing the game for fun and you like attacking, that's fine, but then why would the faction matter?

#37 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

20 kids in a playground, playing soccer. Teams have long ago been decided, everyone is playing along.

5 kids suddenly walk onto the playground and start kicking their ball into one of the goals, right in the middle of everyone else's game. When asked to stop, resort to "You can't tell us what to do!".

Stay classy LMC, you're certainly making yourselves look fabulous.

hey its our game too! we also support this game and have as much right to it as you do. this is not YOUR field, its not your ball and we have been on the field just as long as you.

im telling my unit to disengage from this drama. please do the same. back to CW fun.

Edited by Misfir3, 20 January 2015 - 04:26 PM.

#38 SilverBolts

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 13 posts

View PostXeren KelDar, on 20 January 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

As an aside, don't want to get involved in the argument too much, but why are you Steiner through and through? If it's a lore thing that's cool as Battletech has some interesting story to it, but wouldn't that mean you'd consider yourself the Lyran part of the Federated Commonwealth? I mean I know Victor Davion didn't take the throne till mid 3050's (3055 I think?), but if it's a lore thing wouldn't attacking the realm of the Archon's husband (and her son's future realm) kind of being anti Steiner?

If its just playing the game for fun and you like attacking, that's fine, but then why would the faction matter?

Way too much thinking going on mate on that one! The pilots in this Unit like Steiner many joined for the fantastic community we have in the unit.

As for 'lore'. We are given a chance to rewrite it with a fantastic author taking up the reigns of what will go on after CW gets out of Beta. Until then, happy gaming to all. Harathan please take a chill pill, we really just don't care what you have to say as it clearly has no point and isn't constructive. We'll drop as a 12 man and we'll get fights, the game is fine for supporting that and thank goodness we don't need your blessing.

#39 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

View PostKasechemui, on 20 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

As a member of the group of 1RG and TJ I can assure you that there will be no more attacks by our two units.

Consider those fights as a small borderline encounter between "friends". :P

"Joint training exercise"

#40 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

It's nice to see people who prefer Ryan Steiner's style to the one Hanse married so he could have your worlds for free, instead of stealing them. Keep this up and you'll have you own island of freethinking Lyrans versus Davion-licking toadies!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users