86 replies to this topic

#41 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

Well, since CI and TJ have pulled their support that pretty much leaves you as a rogue unit with no friends.

Awesome networking.

#42 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

View PostHarathan, on 20 January 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

The amount of times you misquote and twist what I've said is, by weird coincidence, equally large.

We're soulmates, I knew it :wub:

#43 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

View Postwanderer, on 20 January 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

It's nice to see people who prefer Ryan Steiner's style to the one Hanse married so he could have your worlds for free, instead of stealing them. Keep this up and you'll have you own island of freethinking Lyrans versus Davion-licking toadies!

Go back to Space North Korea, Capellan.

#44 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:35 PM

View PostMisfir3, on 20 January 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

hey its our game too! we also support this game and have as much right to it as you do. this is not YOUR field, its not your ball and we have been on the field just as long as you.

im telling my unit to disengage from this drama. please do the same. back to CW fun.

Good luck with those ghost drops against the only ally Steiner has.

You're really in it for the team, huh.

Edited by Harathan, 20 January 2015 - 04:36 PM.

#45 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

View PostKasechemui, on 20 January 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

As a member of the group of 1RG and TJ I can assure you that there will be no more attacks by our two units.

Consider those fights as a small borderline encounter between "friends". :P

Haha, Did uncle Ryan tried to secede Skye from the Commmonwealth again? :) Sad that Skye Rangers didn't drop in as well. That would be a too funny coincidence.

Anyhow, seems that the Border to Davion is well defended and organized. I guess LMC needs some coordination with Davion command to improve CRT.

#46 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 02:42 PM, said:

No such language as above was used.

The official from LMC was that we were a 4 man drop, we attacked the only planet with attackers on it as such a small group.

At no point has anyone from LMC been involved in this treaty agreement and therefore we cannot magically fall under this umbrella that you have decided to create.

LMC attack whom they want until we are personally engaged with a reason not to.

The overwhelming majority of units on both Davion and Steiner units have agreed to the ceasefire, when those units undertake an effort, all others help them. If you violate that truce, then don't complain when you're called out on it, let alone when you receive no support when you attack a location, or defend it. Davion sends more forces to defend the against clans than any other house. We help Steiner too.

View PostMisfir3, on 20 January 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

house davion holds the most planets, shares no border with the clans, attacks the servitors of capella with impunity, and crys about a skirmish on a quiet front!
you dont act like friends, you act like your simply placating us while you secure dominion over kurita and liao.

You do realize one of the reasons the clans haven't push as far is that we keep sending our units to defend Steiner planets, right? I helped defend persistence for two days to help the 12th Donegal Guard with their own offensives. Not to mention that we allied with Steiner, when we could have just been another enemy, and took more planets. We actually are friends with Steiner, and with almost all units.

Your behaviour is disruptive, at least, antagonistic at worst.

View PostAnasthasius Focht, on 20 January 2015 - 03:51 PM, said:

12th Donegal Guard here. The event has been noted but currently all our diplomats are asleep (1:00 AM here). I initiated talks but the earliest response will be in a few hours.

Much appreciated.

View PostSilverBolts, on 20 January 2015 - 03:53 PM, said:

So because a few units decide they wish to be some kind of non elected government for all Steiner and Davion players they now run the whole show?

We are participating in a Beta for Community Warfare. As a 12 man we drop on any planet we can attack on or failing that any planet we can defend on. The same goes if a couple of us wish to engage in some CW to farm up some LP.

Your statement misses the point. A 5 year old may well say that but I am stating to you that you are not in a position of power to dictate what I or any of our unit do in our free time. This is a Beta environment and we are also not playing for anything other than pretty dots on a map right now. We want to shoot robots and we are typically not too bad at it as long as Misfir3 keeps away from the liquor cabinet. :D

When the time comes where there is some given meaning to CW rather than who flipped more planets between the US TZ and EU then perhaps LMC will have a change of heart.

What we do not appreciate is being dictated to on our own comms. without any prior engagement and then someone frankly fabricating what was said for the sake of a forum post. It's boring...find someone else's time to waste.

I understand that you were approached incorrectly, but that does not excuse you continuing the attacks.

You didn't know, so that's okay, and fine, but now you do know. Our houses have an alliance, and we want that to continue, as it allows our 2 houses to coordinate. (For example, davion players defend, while Steiner players attack clan planets. Or when Steiner wants to launch a big offensive against Marik or Kurita, we can handle defense. It helps both houses.

All we're asking is that you cease your attacks, and talk to both leaderships for a bit. If you dislike what's being said then, feel free to continue your rogue attacks.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 January 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#47 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

View PostWildstreak, on 20 January 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Sounds like a historical movement trying to form their own House. ;)

Quick, I know it is too early for the timeline of MWO, but someone go off Ryan Steiner.....

Damn Skye Separatists.

View PostMadWOPR, on 20 January 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

We're soulmates, I knew it :wub:

What do you expect from a Goon....

#48 Harvey Batchall Kerensky at Law

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

View PostIcebergdx, on 20 January 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

What do you expect from a Goon....

You really seem to carry that hate around, just relax buddy

Edited by MadWOPR, 20 January 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#49 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:57 PM

Would love it if there was the ability to have inter faction warfare where you could invade separatist planets within your faction, stripping the usurpers of their planetary tags and ultimately shaming them, for shaming their House.

#50 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

View PostValar13, on 20 January 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

Go back to Space North Korea, Capellan.

We'll be happy to invade your planets as well. Alas, the yellow stain of Glorious Leader Hanse upon the Inner Sphere grows larger daily.

And the Koreans ended up in -Kurita- space, by the by.

#51 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

I am assuming that this post is not only dogging LMC but every other Steiner group that helped fill the que?

It should also be safe to assume that all the other groups will have received a thread pointing out there infraction of said treaty?

Now that we know there is a treaty, I am sure no one from LMC will bother attacking this border again. But next time a topic is posted implying language that was never used, it needs to be rectified and not just with a little line through it so everyone can still see what you viewed as happening.

No one minds having topics brought up, but when it has incorrect information, implying our players acted in a manor unfitting of a Steiner, you should expect hate to be thrown down range. No one in our crew has a problem admitting to their actions, bad or good. I am sure I speak for all LMC players when I say that misguided attempts to trash our group is going to be met with anger, especially with skewed information supporting a view that has no weight.

As a group we will refrain from said treaty until otherwise notified.

Edited by Wolfwood592, 20 January 2015 - 06:17 PM.

#52 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 January 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

You do realize one of the reasons the clans haven't push as far is that we keep sending our units to defend Steiner planets, right? I helped defend persistence for two days to help the 12th Donegal Guard with their own offensives. Not to mention that we allied with Steiner, when we could have just been another enemy, and took more planets. We actually are friends with Steiner, and with almost all units.

It's funny, but I keep seeing piles of Davions defending -Kuritan- worlds as well. It seems there's so many Fedrats they'll fight anywhere, shooting Clanner attackers on one Kuritan world while taking Kurita's planets on the back side of things.

I mean, it seems to me like you'll fight on anything, as long as it's someone else's planet getting trashed. I mean, slowing up the Clan advance so you can finish chewing on more Kuritan worlds? That's hutzpah.

#53 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

The whole matter has already gotten more attention than it needed. Last time was a misunderstanding with a Davion unit attacking Steiner space and as a given rule we should probably try to deal with these in Davion/Steiner TS instead of on the forums, it's easy to misconstrue intent without the tone behind it.

No worries, I don't think anyone intended offense.

#54 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 January 2015 - 06:31 PM, said:

The whole matter has already gotten more attention than it needed. Last time was a misunderstanding with a Davion unit attacking Steiner space and as a given rule we should probably try to deal with these in Davion/Steiner TS instead of on the forums, it's easy to misconstrue intent without the tone behind it.

No worries, I don't think anyone intended offense.

All good and glad we understand each other. I just logged on and was getting all the information straight before I said anything in regards to what happened.

Thanks for the heads up and helping with the resolution of this topic.

#55 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

View Postwanderer, on 20 January 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

It's funny, but I keep seeing piles of Davions defending -Kuritan- worlds as well. It seems there's so many Fedrats they'll fight anywhere, shooting Clanner attackers on one Kuritan world while taking Kurita's planets on the back side of things.

I mean, it seems to me like you'll fight on anything, as long as it's someone else's planet getting trashed. I mean, slowing up the Clan advance so you can finish chewing on more Kuritan worlds? That's hutzpah.

Davion worlds have gotten chewed on with Marik and some back and forth there. We fight in defense of *any* IS faction against the Clans when we are otherwise not needed at home or at the direction of the AFFS. Not every Davion unit fights on the Davion/Kurita front; some of us have our own preferences for what factions we like to fight against.

Poor Liao. They spend all their money hiring mercs; they can't even afford to have more than 1 enemy at a time. Davion has three different fronts they fight on directly; there are Davion units who've rarely (if ever) fought on the Liao front. Some of would even prefer to lock down the Davion fronts and ship everyone up north to the Clan borders. While we have a very competent, very effective unified command we still have a lot of independence among Davion units. Since so many of us are House units we've also gotten pretty good at looking at our borders in the long term, not just who we're fighting today.

#56 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM

View PostWolfwood592, on 20 January 2015 - 06:33 PM, said:

All good and glad we understand each other. I just logged on and was getting all the information straight before I said anything in regards to what happened.

Thanks for the heads up and helping with the resolution of this topic.

Like I said, no worries. One problem people are looking out for is 'false flag' units who join factions to pick fights with their allies. Also we've had instances before of Davion units who made drama on the Steiner border so I suspect people are a bit twitchy on it. Currently there's some Davion unit (looks like a 12man) dropping against Steiner. Could be pugs, could be a mistaken judgement call, could be a false flag unit. No way to even know yet.

Ceasefires between factions are always going to be pretty loose and prone to misunderstandings. We may want to look at a more 'official' means of reporting them. Not a big deal obviously, even if a world changed hands in error it would be less drama than what can crop up on the forums arguing over it.

<o LMC, hope to fight alongside you in the field.

#57 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

Like I said, no worries. One problem people are looking out for is 'false flag' units who join factions to pick fights with their allies. Also we've had instances before of Davion units who made drama on the Steiner border so I suspect people are a bit twitchy on it. Currently there's some Davion unit (looks like a 12man) dropping against Steiner. Could be pugs, could be a mistaken judgement call, could be a false flag unit. No way to even know yet.

Ceasefires between factions are always going to be pretty loose and prone to misunderstandings. We may want to look at a more 'official' means of reporting them. Not a big deal obviously, even if a world changed hands in error it would be less drama than what can crop up on the forums arguing over it.

You want to do me a solid and calm down this thread as well? I am trying to do the same at the moment so these topics can die along with incident.

http://mwomercs.com/...n-our-factions/

#58 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

View Postwanderer, on 20 January 2015 - 06:17 PM, said:

You know what's really funny? My unit, and a bunch of AFFS units (pretty much all of Davion now), isn't fighting against kurita at all. We've reached a cease-fire with the dracs. Who knows for how long, but that's it. Davion fights where we can, and fights to defend against clans. We've increased our presence on the Kurtia/clan borders because we're not attacking Kurita planets anymore, and Kurita isn't attacking our planets. Where's the hutzpah?

BTW, before the cease-fire (it's still a very recent one, so I can understand if you don't know about it), we still defended Kurita planets against the clans. Many of us go there to get some variety, after all the IS v IS drops. Also, there's nothing wrong with fighting with and against the Kurtians when we have no obligation to just defend them.

I've had a few drops with and against the 11th Sword of Vega, and God bless them, those guys are beasts. Always a pleasure to fight with/against them.

View PostWolfwood592, on 20 January 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

You want to do me a solid and calm down this thread as well? I am trying to do the same at the moment so these topics can die along with incident.

http://mwomercs.com/...n-our-factions/

PM the OP of that thread, they need to delete the threads soon, because they might start to cause a bigger ruckus than needed.

#59 thatrobotguy

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 January 2015 - 06:43 PM, said:

-JD- was the tag of the unit attacking Alula Australis a bit ago

Edited by thatrobotguy, 20 January 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#60 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 20 January 2015 - 07:02 PM, said:

PM the OP of that thread, they need to delete the threads soon, because they might start to cause a bigger ruckus than needed.

On it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users