6 replies to this topic

#1 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:47 PM

Or: When To Call 'GG'.

Hint: it's not when Omega gets opened and barely scratched.

Just had a drop on Phact, holding previously-won territory. Marik pug vs Aces Wild 7-man plus filler (including the Right Honourable Mr MischiefSC). The oft-effective zerg was employed in the first wave to mash the generators and open the main one for attack. So far, so usual. We lost one mech in the first push, they lost eleven. Again, so far, so usual. The goal there is the generators, not the enemy itself.

And then something that will never fail to piss me off. One of the other pugs on the team immediately complaining that Omega was 'already' open and 'gg'. As if he'd given up - as if it wasn't worth trying any more. When the heavy/assault push claimed the gun, he simply added, 'Like I said, gg'.

If the enemy get that far in the first wave, you nut up and get your head together. You don't just bend over and wait. Calling it that early is corrosive to morale and is only going to leave us worse than a man down anyway. Be constructive or silent. Choose.

You want to keep getting those warm, fuzzy, claps-on-the-back from Davion? The ones that go 'We love fighting you guys because it's fun, win or lose'? Actually fight, right up until the end.

#2 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

+1 had some games on the Clan border a while back where the Clanners had a good early push but we managed to dig our heels in and make them work for the rest of the victory. Won some lost some but they were good fights.

When that sort of thing happens you need to get on those gates and not give them an inch instead of QQing.

#3 Moarginplz

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:29 PM

It annoys me that I could get banned if I TK people like that. They deserve it.

#4 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:52 PM

At least you can hold them in the Game as long as possible on that Map. The longer they drop against you, the fewer Drops they got in the End.

To give up (even after a Light Rush) is simply wrong.

#5 DaynarFaol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

I would like to say that it was an honor to fight against you folks this eve. Had many great, and close fights; on both the attack and defense of Phact and Wazen.

Figured I would let you all know that your sense of respect and fair play is one thing I enjoy about fight you all. The good natured banter and courtesy is something I hope to see in all fights.

When I cross swords with you folks on the battlefield know that you have my respect. Win or lose.

#6 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 20 January 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Or: When To Call 'GG'.

Hint: it's not when Omega gets opened and barely scratched.

Just had a drop on Phact, holding previously-won territory. Marik pug vs Aces Wild 7-man plus filler (including the Right Honourable Mr MischiefSC). The oft-effective zerg was employed in the first wave to mash the generators and open the main one for attack. So far, so usual. We lost one mech in the first push, they lost eleven. Again, so far, so usual. The goal there is the generators, not the enemy itself.

And then something that will never fail to piss me off. One of the other pugs on the team immediately complaining that Omega was 'already' open and 'gg'. As if he'd given up - as if it wasn't worth trying any more. When the heavy/assault push claimed the gun, he simply added, 'Like I said, gg'.

If the enemy get that far in the first wave, you nut up and get your head together. You don't just bend over and wait. Calling it that early is corrosive to morale and is only going to leave us worse than a man down anyway. Be constructive or silent. Choose.

You want to keep getting those warm, fuzzy, claps-on-the-back from Davion? The ones that go 'We love fighting you guys because it's fun, win or lose'? Actually fight, right up until the end.

Anymore Omega is opened on wave 1 more often than not. You still fight right to the end and if you're on point you keep Omega secure, even if by a hair.

Sorry you had that happen. For what it's worth he may have just had a bad day; sometimes you just can't catch a break, sometimes you end up with 3 or 4 matches (especially pugging) where it seems like you end up every match dropping with a team of people who either can't, or won't, push the extra mile to drive the win.

We have up days and down days. Marik did well today, maybe that was his worst match. No worries, CF is already over and we'll try it again.

#7 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

Lol...last week we had a game just like this...AGAINST Marik. You guys pushed HARD and the game ended with Omega at the barest sliver of alive. After your first push we had to fight our ASSES off lol...and it was a GREAT GAME.

Never just bend over. Where's the fun in that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users