So How Well Can The Direwolf S Jump? Worth Getting One?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Athena Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:57 PM

So how well can the Direwolf S Jump?

How much does jump turning help the Dire Wolf's bad maneuverability.

Can the Dire Wolf S jump well enough to stomp on another mech like this scene from the mechwarrior 2 intro?

#2 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Not a chance in hell! Lets just say that it will clear a medium sized rock, but it will take a week to get to the other side. That a side I love the high mounted 5 torso energy hard points. I'm running 5 ER Med's with 2 torso mounted UAC 2's and using a "A" variant left arm so I can run a UAC 5 in each arm. I did try the Primes arm's and added 6 spl's but it was too hot for my liking so I went back to the single AC in each arm. If one wanted he could end up with a 13 energy hard point mech!

Look it's a big slow turret and that's not going to change anytime soon. The Highlander's don't move any better in the air. If you want a jumper that has some armor, get a CTF-3D or a Victor K that can carry 6 JJ's. Also some of the Thors and Quickdraws can jump pretty good still. Many of the medium's can really move around, but that's because they have to just to stay alive.

Edited by beleneagle, 20 January 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#3 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

18 Meters with the S. 12 Meters if you use the Left/Right torso pods from the S in another DWF variant. I just got mine elited and I'd say "YES" it's definately worth the money.

You won't scale buildings in a single bound but it makes Viridian Bog and other maps a non-issue.

#4 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:23 AM

It helps get you to a fight on most maps with the team, where others are running around platforms you can jump enough to get over them. 1 JJ is enough to use it for fast turns and get up most slopes. Is it worth it? Yes, if you know how to use them. It is a very nice fix for the only weakness to perhaps the strongest mech in the game. Will you jump snipe... not really. Will you be able to turn faster, change direction and navigate terrain, yes and suprisingly well at that.

It's about equal to the timberwolf's jump jets as far as height. (1 JJ = 1JJ).

#5 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:36 AM

Here's a video of one jumping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users