Restrict Urbanmechs To Private Matches Only

72 replies to this topic

Poll: matchmaker restrictions for Urbanmechs (182 member(s) have cast votes)

restrict urbanmechs to privates matches only

1. yes (9 votes [4.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.95%

2. no (173 votes [95.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.05%

Vote

#41 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

ROFL, thanks for the belly laugh!

You, my friend, are an EPIC Troll! :lol:

*Wipes tears from eyes*

What was even funnier is that there are three more people who voted "Yes!" :lol:

Posted Image

#42 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 25 January 2015 - 03:19 AM, said:

and that is exactly the kind of troll builds I mean - an std100 gives you a speed of 54 / 59.4 kph - which is a little to low for a light since it survives on the basis of not getting hit only. You might have some "success" with that build since people will focus on enemies which presents an actual threat to them. Now consider half of the team having such fun builds ... well of course you won't even consider that - just as pretty much everybody else in this thread did not think it through.

That build racks up kills quick. What's more hilarious is building one with an XL 200. Fast, and packs a mean punch.

For future posts' sake. Make sure you read the post you're responding to fully. (You seem to have skipped the mechbay part, where we can mod it). Even Russ has mentioned that the engine cap is probably going to be between 180-210. What happens if they give it the max engine cap of a spider, and it can go 150 Kph now?

I really wish people would actually THINK, before starting threads like this one. You never asked around, you never even bothered to consider the fact that almost no one runs a mech stock in this game, and you don't even know what the mech is gonna be like.

You remind me of all those players that posted the Shadowhawk was gonna be DOA, and the worst medium in the game, when the phoenix pack was coming out. Lo-and-behold, release day, every one of them felt like an idiot, when the SHD debuted as the strongest medium in the game (still in the top 3 now).

#43 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 January 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

That build racks up kills quick. What's more hilarious is building one with an XL 200. Fast, and packs a mean punch.

For future posts' sake. Make sure you read the post you're responding to fully. (You seem to have skipped the mechbay part, where we can mod it). Even Russ has mentioned that the engine cap is probably going to be between 180-210. What happens if they give it the max engine cap of a spider, and it can go 150 Kph now?

I really wish people would actually THINK, before starting threads like this one. You never asked around, you never even bothered to consider the fact that almost no one runs a mech stock in this game, and you don't even know what the mech is gonna be like.

You remind me of all those players that posted the Shadowhawk was gonna be DOA, and the worst medium in the game, when the phoenix pack was coming out. Lo-and-behold, release day, every one of them felt like an idiot, when the SHD debuted as the strongest medium in the game (still in the top 3 now).

Never understood why SHD is top dog. Care to explain?

#44 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostBurktross, on 25 January 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

No problem.

1- High mounted ballistics.
2- good hitboxes hitboxes (it was like running a hunchback, without worrying about the hunch)
3- 55 tons (mechs at the top of their weight class usually trounce the others)
4- Jumpjets (no problems with terrain)
5- All hardpoint types.
6- Large engine cap
7- Good armor

There was pretty much no role that the shadowhawk couldn't do, and during the poptart meta, it displaced the Trbuchet immediately, because it had better hardpoint locations, and 5 extra tons to use.

Until the Stormcrow and the quirks popped up, the shadowhawk was the best medium in the game. Now it's in second place to the SCR (still in no.1 slot for IS, and the griffins are capable of displacing it now), and overall one of the most flexible mechs in the game.

Honestly all those virtues are part of the reason why I never recommend it as a starter mech. It compensates too much for pilot error.

#45 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostBurktross, on 25 January 2015 - 06:00 PM, said:

High mounted weapons in the side torsos make it an excellent hill humper/ridge peeker, and jump jets to boot. That's all you need to make an excellent start of a mech right there.

#46 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

If the urban mech chassis has its own Elo rating it won't be a problem.
Urbies will be placed in the lower tiers, where a decent pilot will do better than most of the other lights who die with 20 DMG.

#47 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Come on really? you're private match suggestion can't be serious surely ? The Urbanmech will do just fine.

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

Short version of what the OP said:

"I am to scared that urbanmechs will seal club me so I want them removed from public matches"
or
"I do not like 12 man urbanmech rushes on urbanwarfare"

Because these are the only 2 reasons I can think a person would want the urbanmech to not be in a public match, because it's to OP. :D

#49 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:09 AM

I have to wonder if people would get annoyed with UM pilots if they stick close to bases as that was what they mainly had been used for in TT games.

it would funny if they had a large missile hard point variant and how many S/SRMs & LRMs would be seen..

but anyways I see no reason to limit their play in anyway shape and or form.

#50 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

This Mech is one of the classic Mechs used in game play. No it may not be the best, but that does not mean that people who want to play it should be denied the chance to use it in game play. Mechs are not equal. Disadvantaged or not, there are several players who want to use one in game play. As none of us have seen it, it is unfair to even ask this.

#51 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

I feel bad for people that think that if you are slow you need to be able to tank damage. You need a different play style, not more speed. You can't run around in the open, you probably shouldn't be alone, and you REALLY need to pay attention to where people are looking before you expose yourself. However, if you play it right, you don't need to go any faster than 60 in any mech that has high mounted weapons(especially if you put seismic and derp on it.) If you are patient, you can always be the last mech left standing. Pay attention to who is on the other side of the hill and wait for them to shoot their weapons at your teammates, before poking out to return fire. No need for speed, just patience.

#52 E5Ky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

I bought the Urban mech and plan to get kills in it. I don't consider it a troll mech.
Little early to pass judgement. If the mech ends up being rubbish people will gravitate to other mechs once the novelty wears off.

Kudos and praise to any fellow Urban mech pilot that can take out OP with an Urban and come back here with screenshots. :lol:

#53 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

For the record, no one EVER made a suggestion like that for the LOCUST.

View PostE5Ky, on 26 January 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

I bought the Urban mech and plan to get kills in it. I don't consider it a troll mech.
Little early to pass judgement. If the mech ends up being rubbish people will gravitate to other mechs once the novelty wears off.

Kudos and praise to any fellow Urban mech pilot that can take out OP with an Urban and come back here with screenshots. :lol:

Funny as it may be. I think that directly falls under name and shame.

#54 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Just FYI. Ran an Urbie Spider on Caustic today. Got a Kill on a locust, almost killed a Cent and Jager, and only died because I'd used up all my AC10 Ammo, and did a suicide charge. Oh, took a ST off a KGC too. BUT, if I'd continued to play Smart, I could have probably kept going till the end of the match.

The Urbie is not going to be as terri-bad as everyone thinks.... Especially if it comes with quirks for its main gun.

#55 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

The standard builds with their speed of 32.4 kph

Seriously, does -anyone- run their 'Mech stock in MWO?
OP is ridiculous. No. Just,no.

#56 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:30 PM

Wanderer I did for a while until I earned enough cash to start changing the build

#57 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

As punishment for your incredible silliness you shall hence forth be banished to alpine peaks, in a stock urby

Have Fun :P

Edited by SnowFox, 28 January 2015 - 01:46 PM.

#58 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

View PostVinJade, on 28 January 2015 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wanderer I did for a while until I earned enough cash to start changing the build

Yeah, but anyone who's buying this guy right now, will have the C-Bills to upgrade it a bit. Those that are new, and think to buy it because it's cheap, have their Cadet Bonus.

#59 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

I think this thread should enlighten the wolf.

Edited by Bespoke Cheese Cake, 29 January 2015 - 03:24 AM.

#60 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

View Postwanderer, on 28 January 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Seriously, does -anyone- run their 'Mech stock in MWO?
OP is ridiculous. No. Just,no.

you'll be surprised... there is a large community that runs 100% stock mechs....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users