Restrict Urbanmechs To Private Matches Only

72 replies to this topic

Poll: matchmaker restrictions for Urbanmechs (182 member(s) have cast votes)

restrict urbanmechs to privates matches only

1. yes (9 votes [4.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.95%

2. no (173 votes [95.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.05%

Vote

#1 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Its pretty simple: Urbanmechs are useless compared to every(!) other mech, therefore people who use them will be liabilties to their team.

While I can understand that some people would want to play fun matches (private matches) - I don't see any reason to use an Urbanmech in a normal (pug) match or in CW.

imho, everyone who uses an Urbanmech in a standard (pug) match or in CW is just a troll who wants to ruin the match on purpose. Therefore I would like to have Urbanmechs restricted to private matches - so that people still can have their fun machtes without ruining matches for people who just want to play and give a crap about the Urbanmech.

#2 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

The mech hasn't even arrived yet and you're already complaining? Plus you are calling people trolls for wanting to use a favorite mech of theirs? Maybe you should be restricted to Private matches instead. PGI is not going to make the Urbanmech utter crap ok, thet will be fairly quick (not for a light) and will receive some good quirks so you don't need to worry about it being a "troll mech".

Edit: Not meaning to be hostile! Just in case it came out that way man :)

Edited by TheSilken, 21 January 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:39 AM

Can we wait to see what quirks it gets and it's max engine size before it's declared DOA?

#4 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:04 AM

had a long post with all the mechs i have better numbers in my spider urbie (SL, ac10 and std 100 engine) including the T-Bolt 9S but decided not to bother (came out to about a quarter of my 60ish mechs). clearly OP fears the urbie's might and doesn;t wish to fall to it's fury :) - the other urbie hating posts i've seen welcome the "easy kills"

and also the usual stuff about mechlab and people not running them stock like every other mech in game.

in CW attacking isn't going to be their forte but defensively as generator guards they could find a niche but they won;t be too common there i don;t think. Puglandia is their playground most likely.

#5 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostTheSilken, on 21 January 2015 - 10:37 AM, said:

The mech hasn't even arrived yet and you're already complaining? Plus you are calling people trolls for wanting to use a favorite mech of theirs? Maybe you should be restricted to Private matches instead. PGI is not going to make the Urbanmech utter crap ok, thet will be fairly quick (not for a light) and will receive some good quirks so you don't need to worry about it being a "troll mech".

Edit: Not meaning to be hostile! Just in case it came out that way man :)

I don't have any problem with people playing Urbanmechs - as long as they do it in private matches and don't ruin the match for other people. It might be a favorite mech for some people - but that does not change the fact that it can't compete with any other mech - the only way to make it competive would be to modify it so much it can't be called Urbanmech anymore.

The standard builds with their speed of 32.4 kph will be useless in a fight against any other mech- thus people who use them in standard matches are trolls - just like those people who join a match in an Atlas with only a small laser attached to it ...

And yes I ask for that restriction now - because as soon as the Urbanmech comes out there will be a ton of trolls using it in standard matches just to annoy other people.

Edited by MilesTeg1982, 21 January 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#6 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

This is the first post I'm had to consciously refrain from replying with expletives in serious manor.
No.

#7 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

lol prepare to get downvoted into oblivion

#8 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

well then i guess atlas' should be banned too then because someone as you said could just put in one SL to troll people. but wait that would mean using the mechlab to change the loadout! i guess urbie loadouts can't be changed then to make them faster :(

#9 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

I dislike the UrbanMech, I fondly call it the Trashcan Mech. However I say this to your idea, NO!

#10 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

inb4Bishopreadsthread :ph34r:

#11 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

RIght because UrbanMechs sux in combat. :P

#12 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

WildStreak is right! I run the same build on a K and its a blast to play. People ignore you in a pack and the hit boxes help immensely.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

and they started to fear the urban mech, to get put into their team

they should make a "no fun allowed" queue.
xD

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

there are a few Mechs in the past that have been declaired useless before they were released, most of those have proven to be reasionable Mechs in the correct hands.
Mechs like the Locust, Spider, Kit Fox and Shadow Hawk were said to be pointless because they would add nothing to the game for various different reasons, but all have found a niche and are common sights, in the case of the Spider and Shadow Hawk they were even for a time considered to be overpowered.

the same could easily happen with the Urbanmech.

Also how is it fair to say people who have spent $20-$40 on a Mech cannot skill it (no exp earned in private matches remember)

#15 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

According to Twitter, Paul wants to put a 200-210 max engine limit on the UrbanMech. With that kind of speed, it's not an UrbanMech any more. Just another gunbag.

The UrbanMech is the first 'Mech in the game that I'd actually be tempted to put an alpha into if I see any on my team.

In my opinion, PGI should use this release to give the people what they want - a REAL UrbanMech. Stock only, no changes whatsoever. Slowest 'Mech ever, with pitiful armament. But hey, it's an Urbie!

#16 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

How about we add the Commando, Locust, Mist Lynx, Kit Fox, Ice Ferret, Trebuchet, Orion, Quickdraw, Catapult, Highlander, Nova, Summoner, and Warhawk to private matches only too?

Because, if you aren't driving a Dire Wolf, Timber Wolf, Stormcrow, Victor, King Crab, Banshee, Thunderbolt, Jagermech, Shadowhawk, Spider, Firestarter, or Raven 3L, then you're automatically scrub tier and unworthy to shine my shoes, never mind play on my team.

Never mind the inevitable forum outrage and player flight that paying for a mech you can't use outside of Testing Grounds would cause.

Edited by TripleEhBeef, 21 January 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#17 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 21 January 2015 - 02:08 PM, said:

there are a few Mechs in the past that have been declaired useless before they were released, most of those have proven to be reasionable Mechs in the correct hands.

And the most obvious case was with the Banshee. Everyone said it would be crap based on its stock TT loadout. Then the 3E became the king of the AC5/PPC meta.

#18 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 21 January 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

According to Twitter, Paul wants to put a 200-210 max engine limit on the UrbanMech. With that kind of speed, it's not an UrbanMech any more. Just another gunbag.

The UrbanMech is the first 'Mech in the game that I'd actually be tempted to put an alpha into if I see any on my team.

In my opinion, PGI should use this release to give the people what they want - a REAL UrbanMech. Stock only, no changes whatsoever. Slowest 'Mech ever, with pitiful armament. But hey, it's an Urbie!

Hmm, here's a thought... If the Urbie can't be modified, how about we make it so that NO MECH can be modified? No more 3 ER PPC Meta Build Thunderbolts or Battlemasters.

Yeah, people would go freaking APE and the forums would BURN. The Urbanmech will be modifiable just like every other mech.

Deal with it.

#19 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:28 PM

Isn't it supposed to have 360 degree torso twist?

Tons of UrbanMechs zerg rushing in CW have people quaking in fear. UrbanMech OP LOL.

#20 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

360?
that would ruin the day of those who love to run around slower moving mechs as they will always be in the gun sights of the Urby, lol.

I can just see the image of a dead raven after it tried to get behind this mech, hehe

Edited by VinJade, 21 January 2015 - 09:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users