- - - - -

Drop Ship Capacity

8 replies to this topic

#1 Deraxel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

I was wondering if there is an internet resource for what types of mechs drop ships can deploy.

#2 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostDeraxel, on 23 January 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

I was wondering if there is an internet resource for what types of mechs drop ships can deploy.

For the MWO game, you just get a 240 ton limit for community warfare. I think it's a leopard class dropship that they use.

If you want more information on all the other types of drop ships that exist in the Battle Tech universe (but not in our game), you can check out :

http://www.sarna.net...ropShip_classes

#3 Deraxel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

I'm hoping to find a resource that lists each drop ship varient then lists the types of mechs that can be in each type

#4 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostDeraxel, on 23 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

I'm hoping to find a resource that lists each drop ship varient then lists the types of mechs that can be in each type

Are you referring more to Lore or the Tabletop game? I don't know that they'll have a single easily read list, but Sarna.net will have plenty of lore-based information on dropships.

In regards to MWO, however, we only have 1 type of dropship right now, and they can hold any 'Mech.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostDeraxel, on 23 January 2015 - 10:26 AM, said:

View PostDeraxel, on 23 January 2015 - 10:35 AM, said:

At the moment, MWO doesn't even match up the Leopard with the Battletech Leopard, and it is very unlikely that "different types" / variants of dropships are going to come into play for possibly a few years.

If you would like information on the Battletech dropships, see here and read to your heart's content. Unless you play something like Megamek (an unofficial online tabletop), none of it will do you any good as every aspect of dropships are changed in MWO to serve MWO's purposes, from armament to size and so on.

For example the Leopard is armed with..
2 PPCs
3 LRM-20s
7 medium lasers
5 large lasers
on Battletech.

On MWO it is armed with (Defense: 7 medium lasers) and (Offense: 5 [or was it 7?] [ER?] large lasers).

On a side note, there are over 60 variants of the standard medium laser, more than 18 IS-only Gauss Rifles, 22 IS-only AC/20s, somewhere around 3-dozen versions of LRM-20s (in which the Atlas AS7-D(avion) carries a FarFire Maxi-Rack LRM-20, which has only 5 tubes and rapidly lobs 5 missiles at a time 2.5 seconds apart until it reaches 20 per lock; this is considered an incredibly rapid-reloading missile launcher, On a side note the Atlas AS7-K(urita) is praised as one of the 3 variants to have a proper 20 tube launcher; the other two are the Atlas AS7-C(ombine; also Kurita) [which came after the K], and the AS7-S(teiner)2. We will never see any of these variants either, and can only imagine them through the use of Mech Quirks.

They make great reads, but none of them will matter here unfortunately.

Edited by Koniving, 23 January 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#6 Deraxel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

I'm talking about mwo. For some reason the drop ship isn't allowing me to deploy my adder prime and wanted to avoid purchasing mechs that I can't add to the drop ship load out.

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

You can't use the Adder because it is a Clan 'Mech, and you are aligned with an IS faction.

People aligned with IS factions can ONLY use IS 'Mechs in Community Warfare, and people in Clan Factions can only use Clan 'Mechs.

For future reference, these are all of the Clan 'Mechs that are currently in game. You cannot use them in CW matches since you are not a Clan player:

The Clan 'Mechs that are currently in game are:

Lights - Mist Lynx (25 tons), Kitfox (30 tons), Adder (35 tons)

Mediums - Ice Ferret (45 tons), Nova (50 tons), Stormcrow (55 tons)

Heavies - Mad Dog (60 tons), Hellbringer (65 tons), Summoner (70 tons), Timberwolf (75 tons)

Assaults - Gargoyle (80 tons), Warhawk (85 tons), Dire Wolf (100 tons)

You can use any other 'Mech in the game.

If you ever end up taking a contract with a Clan Faction, then you will be able to use those 'Mechs (but none of your IS 'Mechs).

Edited by DEMAX51, 23 January 2015 - 11:01 AM.

#8 Mordecai McTiernan

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Your Icon says you are with Steiner.
Steiner = Inner Sphere = No access to Clan 'Mechs in Community Warfare.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

If you wait until your contract expires then you can switch to a clan faction and use those mechs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users