171 replies to this topic

#21 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

I already have around 70 qualifying matches from last time... nothing more to unlock. :(

#22 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:19 PM

View PostGreenjulius, on 23 January 2015 - 12:17 PM, said:

I already have around 70 qualifying matches from last time... nothing more to unlock. :(

play less

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:36 PM

Good idea thanks.

Now if you could just team me with some teams that can win, maybe I can get the 18 points necessary to get to 30.

#24 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:37 PM

Was kind of hoping to get some decent games in and not the mad scramble these contests can encourage. Anywho, I was short a few for the mech so...guess I'll pick up a new mech this weekend.

#25 Gordonopolis

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Wow, it felt like I had actually achieved something doing it in the time alotted. Now they add more time for the scrubs. Nice.

#26 RomeoOscarXray16

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

Really? Again? I have to rely on a team of others to get the points? PGI, not the way to win my money. I really like the fact you have weekend challenge's. However this is not one you should be injecting into the game. I have had way more than the 30 kills needed to reach the free mech bay and mech. Does the team I am assigned to have the same luck and win the match? No.
I enjoy the game very much, I enjoy the mature players, I enjoy the challenges. Just not this one.

#27 pjfontillas

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 30 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Sweet. Already done. Thanks for the free stuff.

#28 Kev Rosse

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostGordonopolis, on 23 January 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Wow, it felt like I had actually achieved something doing it in the time alotted. Now they add more time for the scrubs. Nice.

Nice attitude, Gordon. Congratulations on your awesomeness. Can't you be happy that PGI is doing something nice for the majority of players... to keep them enjoing the game and coming back so you can crush them time after time? Instead you have to GRIPE that someone else may get a second shot at the reward? They even threw in some extra prize levels to recognize aces like yourself... at levels "scrubs" can never dream of hitting. So display your Cataphract statue proudly! I got my mech last weekend too, but I'm happy that some of my other friends who didn't will now have the chance to do so. Then again, with an attitude like that maybe you don't have too many friends to be worried about...

THANK YOU PGI for your great ideas and customer care. I'm happy to continue investing in a game that continues to strive to get better and find new ways to engage the player base!

#29 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 23 January 2015 - 12:07 PM, said:

Very nice of you Devs to entice us with more goodies, and more opportunity to score some free ****! :D

We like free stuff.

View PostKev Rosse, on 23 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Nice attitude, Gordon. Congratulations on your awesomeness. Can't you be happy that PGI is doing something nice for the majority of players... to keep them enjoing the game and coming back so you can crush them time after time? Instead you have to GRIPE that someone else may get a second shot at the reward? They even threw in some extra prize levels to recognize aces like yourself... at levels "scrubs" can never dream of hitting. So display your Cataphract statue proudly! I got my mech last weekend too, but I'm happy that some of my other friends who didn't will now have the chance to do so. Then again, with an attitude like that maybe you don't have too many friends to be worried about...

THANK YOU PGI for your great ideas and customer care. I'm happy to continue investing in a game that continues to strive to get better and find new ways to engage the player base!

Well put.

Remember Murphy's 4th law. No matter how hard you try to please everyone, someones not gonna like it.

#30 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

You guys rock. I love it.

#31 Gordonopolis

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostKev Rosse, on 23 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Nice attitude, Gordon. Congratulations on your awesomeness.

Thanks for your kind words.

My attitude has nothing to do with it. I have been angriest as I have ever been in this game during that challenge when I saw my teammates throw easily winnable games, and I felt like I had actually accomplished something when, after about 300 games, because i am not very good, I earned the acheivement. I made the effort, and then they watered it down. I earned a right to have an opinion about it.

Edited by Gordonopolis, 23 January 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#32 Ang3lsDem0n

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Well this Weekend event is useless to me. I mean not only will we have more than likely the same issues as last time with the poor gameplay due to the greed, but the rewards are meh at best. A Cataphract Statue eh okay, A permanent sherman camo skin for only Cataphacts, useless as hell to me as I don't use the Cataphracts at all.

#33 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Nice! I'd love to see more of these kinds of continuing Challenges!

...Wish I was able to participate last week. I couldn't, so my point counter is at zero, lol. I heartily approve of the concept though!

View PostAng3lsDem0n, on 23 January 2015 - 01:53 PM, said:

Well this Weekend event is useless to me. I mean not only will we have more than likely the same issues as last time with the poor gameplay due to the greed, but the rewards are meh at best. A Cataphract Statue eh okay, A permanent sherman camo skin for only Cataphacts, useless as hell to me as I don't use the Cataphracts at all.

It's free stuff; don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I say, kudos PGI and thank you! :)

#34 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

So I just discovered this video... which says exactly what I'll see when I go to play this weekend...

#35 Maelstroem

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

whiners gona whine

#36 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

LOL! That video!

#37 Reaper3015

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 82 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:19 PM

So... another weekend of people throwing games, playing even more like cowards, and running off to hide after they get one kill and tap someone and expect the rest of the team to carry the. Yea... those are "champions" PGI.

#38 Ang3lsDem0n

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 23 January 2015 - 01:54 PM, said:

It's free stuff; don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I say, kudos PGI and thank you! :)

As I already received the 3 day premium time and the Cataphract(Sold it the moment I got it). I never was nor ever will be a fan of IS mechs and that'll never change even if I get free ones from challenges such as this. the next two rewards are not useful at all to me. I for one never touch cockpit items at all since I find them just them bothersome and an eyesore. The camo is pointless to me since I'll never be able to use it since it is bound to a single mech and IS. The thing with the camo being for one one mech like this is that anyone out there who doesn't like or use the Cataphract gets pretty much useless a reward as it won't be used at all and just sit there collecting dust.

#39 Lbofun

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 49 posts
  • LocationSomewhere I should not be.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostAng3lsDem0n, on 23 January 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

As I already received the 3 day premium time and the Cataphract(Sold it the moment I got it). I never was nor ever will be a fan of IS mechs and that'll never change even if I get free ones from challenges such as this. the next two rewards are not useful at all to me. I for one never touch cockpit items at all since I find them just them bothersome and an eyesore. The camo is pointless to me since I'll never be able to use it since it is bound to a single mech and IS. The thing with the camo being for one one mech like this is that anyone out there who doesn't like or use the Cataphract gets pretty much useless a reward as it won't be used at all and just sit there collecting dust.

Yes It bothers me aswell about the camo, but come on man it is nice of PGI to be doing this for the others that were not like us and could not complete last weekend. I had a lot of friends who could not b/c of the "scrubs" that were bad players. Now this weekend I am going to play a support role and help my friends so they can get a free mech bay just like I did.

#40 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:37 PM

not bad, 8 from 10, good games, all cool till now..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users