171 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

Starts: January 23rd @ 10:00AM PST

Ends: January 26th @ 10:00AM PST

We're giving everyone another opportunity to fight Like A Champion this weekend, with some added incentive for those of you who already met last weekend's 30 point challenge requirement for the CTF-3D(C)!

All of your match stats generated from last weekend's Like A Champion event are going to carry over to this weekend's extension, so if you were short for either of the previous reward increments now's your chance to get those points in!

As before, in order to score 1 point you must meet all three of the following criteria in a match:
  • Get 1 or more Kill, get 1 or more Assist, and Win the match via either the Primary or Secondary objectives.

As some added incentive, you will be rewarded with a Cataphract Statue Standing Cockpit Item upon achieving a total of 40 points across both events! So if you hit 30 points last weekend, you'll need just another 10 to win the Cataphract Statue.

There's more! If you reach a total of 50 points across both events, you'll receive a Permanent 'Sherman' Camo Unlock for the Cataphract chassis.

If you already hit 40 or 50 points last weekend, you're automatically eligible for these additional reward items!

See you on the battlefield, EventWarriors!

#2 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Sweet I already have 47 qualifying matches since all the ones counted from last weekend.

3 more to go and done with all the added tiers.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 23 January 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#3 fyurian

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

1more to go

#4 Augustus Martelus II

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 476 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMontréal, QC Canada

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Lol....i sold my cataphract....can i still get the camo for any of my mechs?

#5 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

I really ask myself, why don't you just gave this info us, last weekend... perhaps I could force myself bit more to play... The idea is nice, but... looks like, communication is still losttech... Right?

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

Best. Concept. Yet.

(ok, trick or treat/stocking was better, but this is also awesome)

#7 jackal404

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:49 AM

Great, another weekend of getting shot in the back or team killed as people fight for a point.

I like the challenges you're offering, but not what some of them bring out in the community.

#8 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

guess no CW this weekend. Or could I get a few runs in, hum....

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 23 January 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#9 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

So that was what i automatically redeemed all of a sudden...

#10 Apewar

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

this is great for those that said they didn't have enough time last weekend. thumbs up to pgi !

#11 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

Cool move!!! :) :rolleyes: :)

#12 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

@Augustus Martelus II - the Sherman pattern unlock applies to standard or champion Cataphracts. Once you unlock it you will have that pattern available to apply to cataphracts you own.

@Sky Hawk - We were not going to to have an event this weekend but decided at the last minute to give people a chance to finish up what they started last weekend. We also added the extra tiers for players who already completed the challenge last weekend. We are constantly striving to improve our communication with our players!

#13 luigi256

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

So if we got 12 matches that qualified last week do we need only 18 more to get the Cataphract?

#14 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

Would have been nice had this info been posted... a week ago.

#15 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

View Postluigi256, on 23 January 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

So if we got 12 matches that qualified last week do we need only 18 more to get the Cataphract?

That is correct

Check your Progress Here
https://mwomercs.com/tournaments
and Here
https://mwomercs.com...type=challenges

#16 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

View Postluigi256, on 23 January 2015 - 12:00 PM, said:

Yes. Check out the challenges page in profile/stats, or the tournaments page if you like counting.

#17 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

Very nice of you Devs to entice us with more goodies, and more opportunity to score some free ****! :D

#18 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

lolski, just checked the website to notice that i already completed the whole challenge.

GG's to everyone who played with me today.

Teamplay = Victory

EDIT: GG's to everyone who played with me ever.

Edited by DaniBot, 24 January 2015 - 04:18 AM.

#19 Thomas G Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 373 posts
  • LocationNorth Germany

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 23 January 2015 - 11:46 AM, said:

I really ask myself, why don't you just gave this info us, last weekend... perhaps I could force myself bit more to play... The idea is nice, but... looks like, communication is still losttech... Right?

LOL what is your problem mate? They absolutly do NOT have to do this, and instead of being thankful and happy that these guys are really busting a gut to make good what they messed up in 2013, whiners like you knock them whenever you can.

I for one am VERY happy as I did not have the time to really play last weekend and my internet buggered me up on my last game before the time ran out ( I was at 29 points) and now they give me the chance to get my points, hell I would not have bitched if I had to start over again for the simple fact that THEY DID NOT NEED TO GIVE US A SECOND CHANCE!

Show me ONE other game that has changed so dramatically in the space of 4 to 5 months where the communication has gone from indifference to a monthly townhall where your questions (if asked politely) are answered, where you get a challange that gives you FREE mechs that are actually doable (I am looking at you War Thunder adn WoT) and where the things that you get are not totally useless (Tier 1 or 2 ****** tanks anyone?).

This is why I am giving these guys at least 40$ a month now instead of spending it on other games. So get your head out of what ever hole it is in and stop bitching.

#20 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Last weekend, out of 30 drops, only 5 qualified for points. I didn't have all weekend to play to earn all 30 points. It'd be nice if winning wasn't one of the qualifiers.........I only went for the premium time since I knew trying to earn the Cataphract was going to be an exercise in frustration.

These challenges are nice (and perhaps, a bit too challenging), but being on the losing side for 85% of the drops I was apart of isn't fun. It wasn't for a lack of trying either. I appreciate what PGI has been doing and I look forward to see what they will come up with each weekend.

Edited by capt hungry, 23 January 2015 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users