10 replies to this topic

#1 Butane

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USofA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

im looking for some people to run with late night, 12am-whenever am US-central. i have an ingrained dislike of pugs and just need a few people to run with after work or late night on the weekends. if interested leave a message or hit me up with a message in game or just add.

#2 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:54 AM

Posted Image

Greetings Butane, I thought I would make you aware of The Dark Born. This since we accomodate casual aswell as more regular orientated players as part of our structure. Also aligned interests with the Strana Mechty TS server and various units allows for access to a larger community that may then allow numerous social opportunities.

The Dark Born represents elements of the Dark Caste from Clan society, who are associated as nefarious characters from multiple origins including the periphery and the inner sphere. Normally represented as bandits within the Clan worlds and periphery they also have mercantile and other associations deep within its Dark recesses. Please note however that this unique kind of game play will be treated with some maturity and that respect to other players in MWO will be expected. So other than reasonable RP elements presented as part of the role to make the experience more enjoyable, any personal disrespect to other players or units outside of this context will not be tolerated.

The Dark Born community then represents both lone wolves and pilots interested in playing in more team work orientated game play in CW and 12 man competitions, though the focus of the game play will be orientated towards Community Warfare. The Clan Loyalist faction will be employed for game play options to allow for the use of Clan tech but also the ability to switch factional allegiances for potential alternative tech use and to work for differing employers. This then a more flexible consideration of this group as this element of Clan Society is then not honour bound to the Clan Council interests so has no set political interests.

This recognising a complete spectrum of player interests from casuals to more competitive as well as veterans or newer players. This with a hope and expectation that PGI will represent this style of game play with more distinctive options for CW in the future with more unique modes of gameplay more befitting bandit groups.

The community has both a forum site and TS3 Server with various tools and links to other community sites to give a comprehensive guidance to playing MWO in the Dark Caste. This includes a Codex and RIG (WEB tools) that have been developed to make use of the MWO pilot stats and provide not only pilot awareness data and conventional standards in the Dark Born but also allow pilot applied data to be compared against specific Mech builds.

Training methods and guides that are being incorporated to help pilots in their various team games with an appropriate supportive command structure known as "The Silk" to also help guide these interests with both casual and more organised branches of play as recognised player choices. In addition new features are being developed as alternative trial systems different from Clan Zellbrigen that helps personify the interests of this group better, representing a more criminal and social interpretation of the Batchall. A training course for orientation is in development with a view to expanding the pilot training requirements as things progress and become more established with more tailored workshops.

Diplomatic interests with other groups are also being established to help provide gameplay opportunities and further social interests as the Dark Born group develops. This also identifies with the idea of respectfully keeping player and RP interests separate despite obvious canon associations with the Clans. As such we are representative as part of the Clan society and their community interests being included in the Clan community forums etc. Our operational services brochure is active which accounts for a list of unit services we can potentially offer other player units.

The Dark Born site can be found here: http://mwodarkborn.enjin.com which includes the TS3 server details for use. So even if you want to join as a visitor before considering committing to joining the unit as a full member come give us a visit.

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies, and bacon doughnuts dipped in JD.

Regards,

Noesis,
Governor

#3 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

Why can't I stop laughting?

You might want to try the Clan Ghost Bear International, or Clan Wolf International.
There's also some other groups who can be what your looking for.

#4 Butane

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USofA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:07 AM

always such a pain to do anything when working a late 2nd shift...

#5 T K O

• PipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hey Butane,
I'm here in part of DERP, a clan smoke jag unit that will most likely be perminant in the favtion. I'm not going to copy past an essay for you to read like most to join someone's 5 player unit. We have a 55 person unit and roughly 4-12 players that play at the times you mentioned. We are looking for any casual or competitive pilots it anything between. If you like you can message me here or hop on StranaMechty TS server, try speaking to Invictus359, Mickey Knoxx, or myself.
Thanks

#6 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

Hello Butane
My Name is Scout Derek, and I'd be more than happy to play with you on weekend nights, I'll send you a friend request and play away with ya :D hope to see you next week! (This weekend I'm having to do some stuff ;( )

#7 Luca M Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 209 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:00 AM

Join 2nd Falcon Guards! We are Aussie players and always play in the night!

#8 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Honestly what your looking for regarding faction also matters a lot, do you wish to stay with Clan Ghost Bear or do you wish to branch out to one of the other Clans or do you want to jump back and forth between Clans and IS?

Depending on the answer to that depends on my suggestions.

If you are looking to be a CGB Loyalist I would suggest that which has already been suggested and joining up with Clan Ghost Bear International, they are a fairly large unit that is on throughout the day from what I have observed.

If your looking to expand into the other Clans it depends on which Clan

I have seen good players in Clan Wolf International for Clan Wolf

For Clan Smoke Jaguar there are a number of good units the one I have the most knowledge of is DERP who were once Jade Falcon and have since reinforced the Smoke Jaguar line.

Lastly for us Falcons good units that play pretty late for your timezone include Jade Falcon Prime (JFP), Kells Commandos (KCOM) my own growing unit Jade Falcon Zulu (Merlin) Galaxy (JFZG), and many more. Thanks to the introduction of Faction Groups we often run in cross-Unit 12man groups.

In terms of Units that cross faction lines or are willing to cross those lines, as advertised by Noesis there is The Dark Born, MercStar and ComStar Irregulars all of which have good players in them.

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 02 February 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostJadeTimberwolf, on 02 February 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

I have seen good players in Clan Wolf International for Clan Wolf

Thank you :) The "night shift Wolves" are getting a reputation within our unit :P

ComStar International

P.S. pretty sure it is ComStar Irregulars ;)

#10 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 02 February 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Thank you :) The "night shift Wolves" are getting a reputation within our unit :P

P.S. pretty sure it is ComStar Irregulars ;)

Thank you for the correction, I usually just see their unit tag when they go Steiner and attack Jade Falcon planets.

#11 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

Hey man, I play every weekend late hours and I know the pain. Add me in game for a group drop if you need one more :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users