- - - - -

Faction Warfare

8 replies to this topic

#1 Beld

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

I'm interested in fighting for the faction I chose, Clan Ghost Bear, i've queued a few times and so far i've yet to get into a match before getting bored and going back to public games, i've done some reading on the subject and it looks like its made for groups of players to get into rather then solo guys.

So is there anyway A solo noob can get into this stuff?

If not considering the lack of a general chat in the game how do i go about hooking up with some people from my faction to join their group and the action?

#2 Dagada Moor

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 99 posts
  • LocationGainesville, Florida

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:30 AM

Beld,
First, you need 4mechs set up to drop on planet. If you don't have them you will get what is on trial. They have changed the way things work after last Tuesdays patch. When that icon pops up in your bottom right window click it. It will get you in a game quicker.you can go to faction tab and see what planets ghost bear are attacking or defending and que up. There has to be at least 12 pilots on each side. You still will wait about 10 mins. They said they were working on the time issue. I also suggest you go to ghost bears Teamspeak sever and make friends. You used to not be able to drop with anybody but your unit. Now it can be anyone in your faction.

#3 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Done it a few times. Wait times vary from 5-20 minutes; so I keep a book handy. :)

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

View PostBeld, on 24 January 2015 - 03:43 AM, said:

I'm interested in fighting for the faction I chose, Clan Ghost Bear, i've queued a few times and so far i've yet to get into a match before getting bored and going back to public games, i've done some reading on the subject and it looks like its made for groups of players to get into rather then solo guys.

So is there anyway A solo noob can get into this stuff?

If not considering the lack of a general chat in the game how do i go about hooking up with some people from my faction to join their group and the action?

Chat engages once 12 players are hooked up. Honestly if it connected much sooner (so players can chat while waiting) it'd be a lot easier to get players into the mode).
What you should consider is the calls for defenses/attacks rather than simply selecting a planet.

You can join matches as a single player (I've done it).

Some vids of note:
Lordred's Awesome last stand against the Clans. (He was completely solo).

Myself in a two person team. (Liao versus Davion) [Here the Davions come in organized waves.] <--This vid starts with the launch window and what happens when you come to the defense/offense of a planet at just the right time.

BlackhawkSC's video (Liao versus Davion) [Here it starts out like a suicidal blitzkrieg] (He is alone.)

Edited by Koniving, 24 January 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#5 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

CW is just broken right now. The 8 hour shift thing is a good idea but the times are bad. The first "Cycle" ends at 0800EST and takes 15min to process the second cycle ends at 1600EST which is great for kids and those who get off work before 2PM but horrible for everyone else. The last cycle ends at midnight EST again if you are on the west coast which is at a sensible time but horrible for anyone on the eastern coast or in the EU. If the cycles were moved forward one hour then perhaps it would be a bit better.

The only other thing is the clans are WAY overpowered in the current 12 vs 12 interation. If the clans were limited to 10 vs 12 or by tonnage per player. If they were limited from the 260 to the max of 225.

But that is a topic for another discussion.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

I don't think someone's been playing in a while. I've got plenty of both sides, and while the Clans can be nasty at range and have some fast heavies, the IS has the absolute most bologna over-the-top crap going on for them. The IS is genuinely overpowered in all weapon aspects except range and tonnage, flexibility on the engines makes up for the tonnage. Colder, faster firing, heavy front loaded damage, and the only side capable of killing every possible enemy in a single shot (twin AC/20s to the cockpit).

Line up.
Dire Wolf? Bang, one shot.
Timber Wolf? Bang, one shot.
IS King Crab? Bang, one shot.
The tankiest mech of all, the IS Stalker? Bang, one shot.

And the cost of this firepower superiority? Lack of range. If you're finding Clans to be overpowered, you're standing too far away.
Admittedly in a bottleneck, Clans do have the advantage (stand far away and blast). And that's where the issue comes into play in faction warfare on the map where they can cover both gates from a single position.

That and jumping, fast-rushing heavies.

#7 Beld

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

Thanks for the informative replies fellas, managed to get one game of CW in, bit one sided but I must say i loved getting more than one life in a game.

#8 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostBeld, on 26 January 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the informative replies fellas, managed to get one game of CW in, bit one sided but I must say i loved getting more than one life in a game.

In addition to what those above me have said, you might look into joining a group/unit to play with. This would be a good place to start looking if you're set on being part of Ghost Bear. If you don't have any big preferences between the different factions, you can also look here.

The reasons to join a Unit are many: you'll have direct contact with more experienced players who can give you tips and advice, full 12-man teams find games in CW way faster than solo players or small groups, you're more likely to win games in CW if you're playing with a cohesive group, and the game's just a hell of a lot more fun when you've got folks to play with.

There are a lot of groups out there with very different "personalities" - some might be very hardcore, some might be very casual, some are somewhere in between. You've just got to find the right one for you.

Edited by DEMAX51, 27 January 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#9 Sayyid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

Right now CW is beta and thus broken.

Clans should NEVER be able to have mercs END OF STORY.

CW is a numbers game. The side with the most people online will win.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users