#1 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

I dont know...

yes in the pass, IGP didnt want to do anything about it... , but now...
if they have a team to make a patch, they should have a team to make changes.
Nobody wanted the lances to be split up, but they decided to it anyways, then players told them certain spawn areas are definitely not good, and still havent been changed...!

#2 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

The thing is, i play with a few friends, and our team gets divided into other lances...
Friends dont have the support from their lance mates,
and i cant get to them in time before they get overwhelmed.

#3 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

You realise that not every single bit of feedback can and should be heeded, right ?
Some things put forward are just downright dumb, others are "controversial".

In the last couple of months PGI did pretty well with implementing things that have been asked for, in my opinion anyways. Some changes just have lower priority than others and might take a while.

What do you mean by "lances being split up", btw ?

Edit: Ah i see, that's a longstanding problem with the Matchmaker. It tries to preserve larger groups apparently and then fills those by splitting smaller ones up. For example if you drop in a 2-man group and end up in a team of one 4-man and two 3-mans your little group of 2 might be split up to fill out those two 3-man groups.

It's not a "new feature" or anything, it's been happening for a very long time. It has definately become more obvious since they decided to make all groups, no matter their size, drop in group-queue and making it possible to have groups of odd numbers between 5 and 10.

If it bothers you that badly you, or one of your friends, can just grab company command at the ready-up screen and put your group back together. Some people might get angry at you but personally I think that's their problem then, they could've grabbed command to prevent it. :D

Edited by Ironwithin, 24 January 2015 - 07:51 AM.

#4 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 24 January 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

If it bothers you that badly you, or one of your friends, can just grab company command at the ready-up screen and put your group back together. Some people might get angry at you but personally I think that's their problem then, they could've grabbed command to prevent it. :D

In the past, i tell people not to do this cause it leads to teamkilling...

if the lances were not spread so far apart, usually on most maps, its ok,
but as an example, the spawn on frozen city where the is a lance on the bottom of the ravine...

My girlfriend gets left alone and dies before i can get to her, making her want to quit this game...

These few spawn were pointed out right away, 1 year later still in effect...

Hence, if they have a team to make patches, they should have a team to address the changes required.
and yes, might not be a priority,
but little things that aggravate you before the fight even begins should be dealt with ASAP.

#5 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostSgtMaster, on 24 January 2015 - 08:02 AM, said:

In the past, i tell people not to do this cause it leads to teamkilling...

Well if someone on your team is boneheaded enough to basically lose on purpose because of that, chances are you weren't going to win (or have much of a good time) anyway. ;)
You can always report these people, too.

#6 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

the problem isnt the team being split up, i understand the matchmaker,,
the problem is the dropzone/ lance spawn areas being to far apart and being isolated...

#7 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostSgtMaster, on 24 January 2015 - 07:28 AM, said:

I dont know...

yes in the pass, IGP didnt want to do anything about it... , but now...
if they have a team to make a patch, they should have a team to make changes.
Nobody wanted the lances to be split up, but they decided to it anyways, then players told them certain spawn areas are definitely not good, and still havent been changed...!

View PostSgtMaster, on 24 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

the problem is the dropzone/ lance spawn areas being to far apart and being isolated...

bolded where you claim you have a problem with lances being split, followed by claiming it isn't an issue.... which half of your multiple personalities words are you going to stick with

#8 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

View PostUminix, on 24 January 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

bolded where you claim you have a problem with lances being split, followed by claiming it isn't an issue.... which half of your multiple personalities words are you going to stick with

sorry for the confusion,
Back in the day, the entire team spawn in the same location,
now we have lances all over the map... ( lances split up...)

yes i have multiple personalities, but that's because our country has 2 official languages...

#9 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

Play in solo queue or in 12's queue.

Why your lance is splitted by MM ? Cause MM want that every single lance is a gathering of same weight class mechs ...

You want your lance don't be split by MM play same tonnage mechs then it will be fine with this " problem ".

#10 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 24 January 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

Play in solo queue or in 12's queue.

Why your lance is splitted by MM ? Cause MM want that every single lance is a gathering of same weight class mechs ...

You want your lance don't be split by MM play same tonnage mechs then it will be fine with this " problem ".

so you are saying we cannot be together unless we select mechs in same weight class?
i want my reimbursement NOW...!
Posted Image

#11 SgtMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:43 AM

Fact is PGI split up the team by spreading out 3 lances across the map;
on a few maps, one lances is isolated from the 8 other players and too close to the enemy.

they did this to turn a slow sim-like game into a fast pace action arcade shooter game.

what we wanted was keep the team ole but with different spawn points on a map to change things up,
given there are not that many maps.
what we got is a team split up and then being told to play as a team???
then the added ( but understandable ) matchmaker dividing my drop group into different lances...

these issues were pointed out as soon as the patch came out,
a year later no reply from PGI about this "MINOR" issue.

My Beef is that they have a team of programmers/ designers working on a patch, when the patch is Live, and feedback given, seems the team that worked on that patch is nowhere to be found to correct certain minor issues. And these little nuisance add up over time.

Yes i am happy UI 2.0 came out, yes i am happy CW is coming out...
but we gave them a roadmap of things to avoid, they ignored,
and now they need a meeting to discuss, need time, need patience...
Too much rush this out, rush that out, and not enough of slowly but surely...

UI 3.0 will be again a major redesigning of the entire game,
hope they actually get in right, instead of throwing out there, ask for feedback,
then address stuff 1-2 years later, if ever...

Yes Russ claims to see the light, yes lessons learned, yes changes in the process, etc...
And i hope i dont have to again post feedback about an issue years after the patch came out...!

Edited by SgtMaster, 25 January 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#12 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostSgtMaster, on 25 January 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Yes Russ claims to see the light, yes lessons learned, yes changes in the process, etc...

somehow, I doubt he did "see the light"

#13 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Frustrated with the distances between each lance, I gather.
Even in my Dire Wolves, I find grouping up with the main force a simple task, even starting on Charlie lance on Terra Therma.
...Unless there is no main force, and everyone is just splitting up and derping around alone, in which case that match was not meant to be won in the first place. :rolleyes:

So, I think you ought to just try harder to regroup if that is the problem. Sure, the distances can be big, but that is what bigger engines are for. ;)

Oh, and sometimes putting out a call to make sure your team knows you are intent on grouping up with them instead of just going wherever can be beneficial, as they might respond by trying to make that task easier for you.
Or not, if they are not the team-playing type. :P

#14 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:35 AM

SgtMaster...so worked up, that he double posts! ROFL :lol:

Seriously though, the sheer quantity of feedback that PGI receives would far outweigh its capability to implement it all. Also, some feedback is probably ridiculous and should not be implemented. Thinking that you're something special and should have your personal feedback fast-tracked to implementation is kind of arrogant, don't you think?

As far as good feedback is concerned, PGI has shown a propensity to implement it or at least to give us updates on how it is progressing. For example, the OP says that spawn point feedback is being ignored. I say that it isn't, proof of which can be found in some of PGI's press releases and one of the Townhalls. PGI has gone on record stating that it will begin rework this year on old maps to improve gameplay, alter attack paths, and change spawn points. It wouldn't make much sense right now to fiddle with these maps if they are going to start getting overhauled sometime in the next few months. That's doing the work twice! Instead, they are correctly focusing on getting CW right.

Thus, the bottomline is this: Stay plugged in to PGI's Announcements and Command Chair Threads, watch or read the transcripts for the Townhalls. Watch the DeVlogs. Periodically skim through forum topics and look for news related ones. Though I don't use them, I understand that PGI also does stuff with Twitter and Reddit. You can probably find more info there. Have a little faith and patience and wait to see what PGI is working towards. All of that is heaps better than coming here with your grump on to whine about PGI.

...Unless of course you're practicing your Oscar the Grouch roleplay so that you can be an effective trash can, er, I mean, UrbanMech pilot! ;)

#15 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

View PostSgtMaster, on 24 January 2015 - 08:19 AM, said:

If team is smart they will follow or open the way for their assault lance.

If they aren't well they deserve to learn by losing many games :)

#16 shufflechick

Rookie

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 7 posts
  • Locationtn

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

We can go to the moon, we can build a 6 million dollar man, we can certainly fix these bugs...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users