• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hello, I'm having a problem getting a Visa Debit Card (It's a gift card as well) working on this site. Which payment option should I use in order to be able to use it? Or would I have to link it to paypal or some other method? Thanks ~ Scout Derek

#2 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

I had the exact same problem that you have. I got a Wally World gift card for my Christmas present but the fine print on it reads, "Only usable in the Unites States". Since this company is based in Canada, it wouldn't go through.

So, the work around that you can do to make it work is Paypal. Seriously, it's all good. Under your Paypal account, you can link any card that you want, including gift cards (it has it's own option really). Now, the other thing you want to do is select what payment option you prefer to use. If you have a bank account, it will try to use that first so you have to "force" it to make the gift card the first preferred option (since at checkout, you can not pick at that time what payment form you want to use).

Paypal is a USA based company so the gift card says it's OK to use and PGI picks up the fees for the transaction. So, there is no extra cost to use your gift card to pay PGI with Paypal. You pay for your goods, PGI gets money, and Paypal gets their fees. Everyone is happy in the end.

Good luck to you.

Edited by Scum of the Earth, 24 January 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#3 Basskicker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:17 AM

Scum of the Earth said it all in one breath. PGI is a Canadian based company and those Vanilla Visas are only usable in the US. I havent used the method he describes although I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. So if you have a PayPal account you could try jumping through that hoop.

#4 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostBasskicker, on 24 January 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

Scum of the Earth said it all in one breath.

Long breath! :P

I have been thinking about doing something similar to this for a while - and this saved me some time lookin it up. B)

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:43 PM

Thank you guys so much, really appreciate it :D now I can go redeem it, hats to Scum for the info ~ Scout Derek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users