- - - - -

Fire Pack Or Straight Up Mc

13 replies to this topic

#1 Starshield

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

I am not exactly a new player, though I figured this the best suited place to post this considering I have played all of my matches since Beta solely this past week.

Much as the title suggests I am curious to see peoples thoughts on rather the Fire Pack is still worth it or if I should go for the MC outright. Bearing in mind Premium time isn't as much an issue for me considering a fair portion of my time is spent on WoT between running Skirmishes or dedicating time to esports/Gold League matches and training. So my time in game wouldn't necessarily on a day to day basis. I am mostly looking at mech bays and possibly purchasing camo so I am not stuck with the base IS olive drab ha ha Admittedly I am fond of the Panther from tabletop and Mech 2 Mercs, so I was eager to see how it performed here. Though the ultimate deciding factor here is what the better value for the $ is based on general consensus.

As an annotation, were camo colors permanent? In addition, were camo patterns unlockable for one chassis or was it for all mechs?

#2 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

I gather up Xp and then dump it all into GXP as needed. Dont know if its a good plan $wise but thats how I do it. Every now and then you'll see a 50gxp per MC sale... thats when you convert it.
Any colours you buy are permanent across all machines that allow colour changes.
Any patterns bought for a TYPE of machine are permanently yours if you buy the UNLOCKABLE ones and not the one shots.
They will only work on all the variants of the machine you bought it for and only on the ones that allow repainting. Some special edition machines cant be repainted.

Hope that helps

Keira C

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 24 January 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

Please keep in mind that the Resistance pack is a pre-order, and won't be in-game for some time (see the FAQ). If you want to buy something to use right now, go for MC.

Colours are universal across all mechs, ppermanent pattern are unlocked for all mechs of that chassis, and one-shot patterns are just on the one mech and are lost if you change the pattern (but they're 1/10th the cost)

#4 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

People are saying that the Panther is going to be a rough ride since it's a slow max speed. I think buying up Mechbays is a better idea especially since you'll be able to buy some Panthers for cbills in the future anyway.

Edited by TygerLily, 24 January 2015 - 06:32 PM.

#5 Starshield

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Much appreciated on the prompt responses so far. And I did know that the Fire Pack is was a preorder, simply found the idea of getting the Panther a good while before it comes out for C-Bills enticing. I just wasn't sure if the rest of the pre order package denoted the cost at this point.

Right nice to hear about the camo. I was rather curious as to why the unlockables were 10x the cost of one-shots.

#6 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:04 PM

I flit between Polygon camo and Crudaer Camo on my clan mechs, switching between pink/black and Gunmetal for my own personal colours to Blue/camo black/camo grey for Snow Ravens to Black and Jade Green for the Team colours and sometimes all dark greys and blacks for when I want to hide behind people and scare them!

#7 Felbombling

• 2,972 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

I'd actually go for the Enforcer package if you're looking to save time and money. The Panther has a top engine rating of 250, and two of the three Enforcers come with 250XL engines. That's gotta be about 8 million C-Bills right there, not to mention the 16 million in modules you'll get with either the Panther or Enforcer package. Six Mech bays included, of which four you can open up by selling off Elite'd Mechs. I did the chaos math and bought the Enforcer package.

#8 Starshield

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

If the mad money was there I would toss it into the Enforcer pack ha ha As is, I'll just be tossing $20 into the game for now. Never did feel the need to do much more than that unless I either A: found a group that plays a game consistently or B: it had some form of competitive play aside from public matches that I am taking part in. Neither of which is the case as of now since I had just started playing again this week after the 2 year hiatus.

Edited by Starshield, 24 January 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

We do have tournament leagues and the like, but you have to dig for quite a while and make connections before you really start becoming aware of them, they're are horribly advertised.

Yeah, I'd go for MC in this case, and stick to One-Shot camos, always. Also remember that some colours unlock for 500MC, and others are 1000MC, and sometimes there are sales on specific ones.

#10 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

The light bundles are ok value for around $20 (though you will probably have to overshoot on MC packs).

Hero, champ (usually has the XL engine needed for the set so theres 4 million credits saved), regular. 3 bays. 30 days premium.
Only the regular in the package needs the expensive upgrades, the hero and champ are almost good to go plus they earn XP 30% faster, plus premium time means they will all level up a fair bit faster than normal grind.

The nice thing about the preorder bundles is that they come with surprise bonus gifts.
But they arent much good for new players, due to not being delivered until the future and their performance being a bit unknown.
Vs get a Firestarter bundle now and wreck everyone in the current best light.

#11 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:51 PM

A starter bundle really might be a good way for you to get everything you need to get started. You'd get a hero mech out of it which would be very nice. The firestarter is a great light chassis and the hero is a solid one. Probably the best IS light. The starter packs are also 50% off the normal MC cost iirc.

#12 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:57 PM

The Resistance Mechs all look inferior on specs vs other chassis in the game. I bought them anyway, but I did so understanding they are most likely sub-par.

The real value is in the various chassis mastery bundles available in the store. You get a Hero, enough variants to achieve Master, premium time and other add ons, all at a significant discount.

I have 96 Mechs but I am about to buy the Hunchback pack because it's great value on what has been quirked to be a quite competitive chassis.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

I'm personally sporting the Fire pack. Naturally I plan on getting more but I need to make a 300 dollar payment on my college tuition so it'll have to wait.

The minimum purchase I believe is worth it, though the earlier you could have done it the better the results could have been. Between the 3 mechs, 3 mechbays, etc. Even with sales you'd be hard pressed to get that with 20 bucks worth of MC. Especially since the main variant counts with the same benefits as a hero mech (30% cbill bonus).

From there, you can upgrade later if you want or splurge on MC if you prefer.

Edited by Koniving, 25 January 2015 - 05:49 AM.

#14 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 24 January 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'd actually go for the Enforcer package if you're looking to save time and money. The Panther has a top engine rating of 250, and two of the three Enforcers come with 250XL engines. That's gotta be about 8 million C-Bills right there, not to mention the 16 million in modules you'll get with either the Panther or Enforcer package. Six Mech bays included, of which four you can open up by selling off Elite'd Mechs. I did the chaos math and bought the Enforcer package.

This, And when you combine in the early order bonus of 3 awesome modules, worth 16,000,000 cbills, you have the best bang-for-buck deal in the game right now. Just make sure you order NOW, that bonus ends tomorrow.

Edited by chiron, 30 January 2015 - 10:10 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users