• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRainbow Tiger, Second Life

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

30 min wait to form a match ... 4 min left to launch and ... my partner and I got kicked to desktop with no warning, no error message no NOTHING ... Just kicked to desktop ...

Can't rejoin.

Thanks ... thanks a ****ing bunch. Your damn CW crap sucks.

Edited by Heuvadoches, 24 January 2015 - 08:40 PM.

#2 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

Top right, population info, use it.
Anyone who waits 30 minutes to get a match in CW can only blame themselves. If you look at the queue info you should be getting into matches in roughly 10mins or less.

And did your mechs get locked into the match? Did you wait 4 minutes for the match to launch, then start/restart you client to activate the Rejoin button?
Yes, when you are in the 10 minute countdown timer, you are going to be in the match. Unless you encounter a severe bug, you just have to wait for the match to start properly. The rejoin button only works when starting the client, which is why you need to restart it after you know the match has begun.

Edited by Shimmering Sword, 25 January 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#3 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostShimmering Sword, on 25 January 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

we do. It's wildly inaccurate. So why bother using it? We could join a queue with 8/12 needing attackers and get stuffed into a blank queue. EVERY ... GODDAMN ... TIME ... and still wind up waiting 20 to 30 min to get a match going. It's utter crap. Makes me really want to play this mode.

And did your mechs get locked into the match? Did you wait 4 minutes for the match to launch, then start/restart you client to activate the Rejoin button?

No. Crashed to desktop with 4 min remaining to start of match. Rejoined MW as soon as possible after restarting client and could not rejoin.

Edited by Heuvadoches, 25 January 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Shimmering Sword

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:43 AM

Remember the key to rejoining is to restart client after you are sure the match has started. If you start the client when the countdown is still going the rejoin button won't appear. It's a code problem as the rejoin button was made for regular matching, where you don't get locked into a match until it launches.

As part of my point on using the population info, I would recommend avoiding low population battles unless your number of players is exactly the number needed to fill the existing group. Queue on planets that have several companies fighting on both sides, preferably numbers not divisible by 12 (indicating other solos/partials are queuing).

Of course the best action, and what CW is designed around, is to get into a 12man group. Now with faction grouping you just need to track down the large merc units active during your time and try to join their drop. Then you'll match faster and win more.

#5 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:49 AM

Anyone who waits 30 minutes to get a match in CW can only blame themselves. If you look at the queue info you should be getting into matches in roughly 10mins or less.

Wooo... Highly disagree on the 'blame themselves' part.
1. Timezone.
2. Have you actually tried to solo pug drop CW even on queues where it is 60+/60+.

There is some weird priority and MM bias happening.
Groups are preferred the bigger the better and a 12 man is the best with guaranteed 10 min drop time.
Otherwise...... Community Waiting...

The situation has improved though with Faction Drop since it no longer restricts you to be in the same damn unit. (Huge problem for smaller factions.)

#6 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostShinVector, on 26 January 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

There is some weird priority and MM bias happening.

Nope. It's first-come-first-serverd. No ELO, no MM for that, nothing. However, if a 12-man joins a queue, they will get the drop as it allows the match to start immediately. And for the last time - CW is for 12-mans.

If you want to PUG CW, I suggest you find your faction TS and get together with the rest of your chosen faction's players and form your own 12-mans. Their details are all over these forums.

Or join one of the bigger merc orgs like MercStar.

CW is for organised play. You don't want to organise, then don't play.

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

Stop.

Take a look at when the OP joined MW:O. August of 2014.

Think about that real quick, then re-read his post.

This is a relatively new player that had to learn how to play in the Solo Queue. There are no tutorials to teach him even the rudiments of the game....let alone any advanced stuff he'd need for CW.

So, basically, this is a guy that's disillusioned with a game mode he neither understands or is able to participate in due to the shortsightedness of PGI.

#8 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

CW sucks, very sucks, for two reasons:
  • huge FPS drop, above in brawling. PGI, we need more optimizations and more respect for players that already use medium/low settings.
  • no fun fighing a 12 man premade. PGI, we need a different way to queque CW matches.... 2 different queques?

Best Regards

Edited by skorpionet, 26 January 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

event made a lot people go public queues, because shorter matches bring challange points faster.

Edited by Lily from animove, 26 January 2015 - 08:06 AM.

#10 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

I've never waited more than 10 minutes for a match as a solo dropper or a group drop ever since they added the population numbers to the planet finder.

If you're not getting into matches, it's because you don't understand the numbers.

View PostTarogato, on 21 January 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

Here's the trick to getting into a CW match quickly.
It's really simple, but I'm going to go all out and make a chart to help visualise it.

The ## on the left the numbers displayed by the planet finder in game.
Each column < █ ░░░░░░ █ > represents an individual 12-man team.
< ░░ > represent vacant slots, < ▒▒ > represent occupied.
< ▓▓ > represent a team that is at full capacity.

##..... team 1.........team 2........team 3........ status
00 █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ Don't join, nobody is here.
02 █ ▒░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ just two people...
04 █ ▒▒░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ only four...
06 █ ▒▒▒░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ half a team...
08 █ ▒▒▒▒░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ Most of a team, you could join.
10 █ ▒▒▒▒▒░ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ Join, a team is almost ready!
12 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ░░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ 2nd team is empty, don't join.
14 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒░░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ just two people...
16 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒░░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ only four...
18 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒░░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ half a team...
20 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒▒░░ █ ░░░░░░ █ Most of a team, you could join.
22 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒▒▒░ █ ░░░░░░ █ Join, a team is almost ready!
24 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ░░░░░░ █ 3rd team is empty, don't join.
26 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒░░░░░ █ just two people...
28 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒░░░░ █ only four...
30 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒░░░ █ half a team...
32 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒▒░░ █ Most of a team, you could join.
34 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▒▒▒▒▒░ █ Join, a team is almost ready!
36 █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ ▓▓▓▓▓▓ █ 4th team is empty, don't join.
... etc. etc.

Notice I bolded certain numbers on the left - these are multiples of twelve. So the basic rule becomes:

"as you approach a multiple of 12, it's better to join. At exactly a multiple of 12 or above it, it's better to wait and do something else and check back again later to see if it's closer to a multiple of 12 again."

edit: let me be super clear on this. The number you're looking at is the number in the Planet Finder on the right. The numbers appear something like 12/11, where the first number is red and the second number is blue. To know whether you need to look at the red or the blue number, look at the symbol in front of the planet name, whether it's red or blue.

Also, there are situations like this:
0/11 ... where you're looking at the second (blue) number, for instance.
This looks awesome for you because it's almost a multiple of twelve, it's only one away! You would be the one person that fills and completes the team and you'd get a match instantly... BUT! There's nobody on the other side, so you'll be sitting there forever waiting for opponents to come. So then the second rule becomes:

"don't join a queue where your side vastly outnumbers the enemy; look for planets where it's the other way around and your help is more needed."

There is an exception to that rule that involves ghost drops and whether or not there is actually a territory that you can attack/counterattack, but don't worry too much about that.

#11 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

I think that if you understand CW queque rules the "wait" isn't a problem.

#12 Toadflakz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 26 January 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

Outstanding!

Ladies and gentlemen, we have heard from PGI directly. Their new CEO, Toadflakz, has declared that CW is for 12 mans ONLY.

That sounds kind of crappy, but look on the bright side.....at least both Russ and Paul are gone and have been replaced by a new Corporate Executive that actually plays the damn game.

Perhaps the patches will actually mean something now.

Get this damn company turned around, Toadflakz. You're the man!

(either that or if CW is for 12 mans, then the Solo queue is for SOLOs. Anyone that's part of an organized unit should be banned from it)

Hey, I probably could! With my many years experience writing high availability, high quality software for the finance industry with high-usability ratings for the UIs I've developed I'd be just what this game needs! :P

The only thing is I definitely would not be as nice as Russ on certain issues, so prepare for some hard words. But hey! It's a Mechwarrior title - the only one around right? Captive audience. :P

/legpulling

If you'd read the rest of my post I basically said "Organise if you want to play CW". With Faction Groups in the game now, there is no excuse not to get 12 people of the same faction together for CW. Log into a faction TS server (I can recommend the Liao guys btw - whacky, great bunch of guys - o7 Modred et al...), make some friends and kick some ass in a 12. It's not difficult.

Oh and if you happen to be in a CW match with the BSA on your side, you're always welcome to join our TS to co-ordinate - we broadcast it at the beginning of a match. So. We do our bit to help the coordination happen. It's not a closed secret society (tho' we do have a funny handshake but you don't get to see that).

Edited by Toadflakz, 26 January 2015 - 02:42 PM.

#13 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

View PostToadflakz, on 26 January 2015 - 05:02 AM, said:

Nope. It's first-come-first-serverd. No ELO, no MM for that, nothing. However, if a 12-man joins a queue, they will get the drop as it allows the match to start immediately. And for the last time - CW is for 12-mans.

Nah.. It is not that simple FIFO.

Eg.
2 SOLO pugs comes in first.
2MAN group comes in second.
10MAN group comes in last.

MM will take 10MAN + 2MAN group to form the 12MAN and go with it. I can understand they would do that to improve game play quality.
I am just wondering whether there is any bias for being in the correct faction for the queue.

#14 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 26 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Stop.

Take a look at when the OP joined MW:O. August of 2014.

Means absolutely-***king-nothing. This is a smurf account. Thank you for playing. Try again.

#15 ScorpionNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Until CW has actual "PRIZES" to work toward, matches are just more grinding for basically nothing at this point, IMO.

I know its Beta, but taking 3 YEARS to get to this "Beta" is just LAUGHABLE!!! :)

Someday before I turn 80 years old, we might have destructable terrain, infantry to shoot at, tanks and vehicles to shoot at, real "bases" and tactical things that really really Feel like BATTLETECH to fight over/for . . .

#16 Star Lancer

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Also.. since this **** is in beta (still feels like the whole damn game is) here's something to chew on. Clan roster vs. IS roster is horribly broken! You can't defend against them for **** and you have to fight like ******* hell to win an attack. Since changing the 12 vs. 12 would break the game all around, let's make it so that clans only get 3 mech slots to drop instead of 4 like the IS. What do you think? No actual changes to clan mechs or their equipment just 1 less per person on the drop. Worth a shot to see if it balances things a little, right?

#17 Heuvadoches

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

30 min wait in the queue. Joined a queue that was 7/0 on the attacking side with two people in the group. Game puts us into a blank queue. Ok, no problem ... it'll throw us into the group eventually, right? ... Right?

RIGHT????

Wrong.

30 min later, after several people joined and left ... we quit the queue ... and it says 12/13 now ...

Your MM for CW blows goats. I don't even know why I bother trying.

#18 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

View PostHeuvadoches, on 24 January 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

30 min wait to form a match ... 4 min left to launch and ... my partner and I got kicked to desktop with no warning, no error message no NOTHING ... Just kicked to desktop ...

Can't rejoin.

Thanks ... thanks a ****ing bunch. Your damn CW crap sucks.

Apparently there is a CTD issue in CW that can impact ALL pilots in the whole team.
And there I learned from the faction buddies that infact you can rejoin in CW.. Just don't recall it documented any where.

Rejoin CW match after CTD:
1. Re-login client.
2. Remember which planet that you were attacking or defending when you CTD. Go to the planet in CW.
3. You may need to select or re-select your mech.
4. Click the Attack/Defend button when you will rejoin the CW match.

I was like... OOOOOOOHHHHH when I found out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users