Clan Ghost Bear - The Great Threat

14 replies to this topic

Poll: Clan invasion (88 member(s) have cast votes)

How shall we deal with the clan threat?

1. Fight back until death! (67 votes [72.04%])

Percentage of vote: 72.04%

2. Concentrate on defending, hold what we still posess (5 votes [5.38%])

Percentage of vote: 5.38%

3. Evade the clans, fight our way to Steiner territory (9 votes [9.68%])

Percentage of vote: 9.68%

4. Evade the clans, fight our way to Kurita territory (12 votes [12.90%])

Percentage of vote: 12.90%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Fellow Space Vikings!

Despite the efforts to conquer back our territories that have been lost to the clans, our mighty nation is under serious pressure. The clans seem to be advancing without any chance to hold them back.

If they keep marching forward, our honorable FRR will be eradicated (which would fulfill the lore. Damnit.)

Some units are holding a no attack agreement with Steiner units. But since we have not much space to go left, we're running out of options. Kurita also seems to be a valid target, but Clan Ghost bear will sooner or later attack that direction.
However, what do you think is the best way to keep our nation alive? Still fight back, although no progress seems to be in sight, or evade to other Inner Sphere territories?

Edited by s0hno, 25 January 2015 - 06:19 AM.

#2 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

Fighting back is exactly what we've been doing and coordinating for the last few days. So naturally, that is my vote.

We may find ourselves having to regain worlds we've just claimed, but we are fighting back really well against both Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear. With Clan Jade Falcon now pressing in and the Ghost Bears dividing their forces between us and the Wolves, we gotta maintain momentum and keep the lines moving forward. My nod to the Pheonix Legion with Operation 'Shave the Bear' in this regard, as well as the combined efforts of all the currently contracted units on the FRR side. We also have Theaus organizing drops with Lone Wolves and frequently active unit members to maintain pressure. I've been assisting with this while also passing info down the lines as it is fresh.

View Posts0hno, on 25 January 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

Some units are holding a no attack agreement with Steiner units. But since we have not much space to go left, we're running out of options. Kurita also seems to be a valid target, but Clan Ghost bear will sooner or later attack that direction.
However, what do you think is the best way to keep our nation alive? Still fight back, although no progress seems to be in sight, or evade to other Inner Sphere territories?

Kurita is still under a non-aggression pact with us, as far as I am aware. Their recent action on the Davion front though has me concerned of a repeat here. Unless they give us reason not to, we will maintain our allied stance. I in particular do not want them in my gunsights; we've got enough enemies between the three clans as is. As for Steiner units having a non-aggression pact with Rasalhague units, this is new. Can you tell us where this information comes from and which units have entered such a pact? Can we also get a confirmation from the elders or KungsArme commandon this?

Edited by starwolf1991, 25 January 2015 - 12:25 PM.

#3 Ivaneus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

We cannot attempt to run away.

Some think it is a battle of numbers and attrition, and that's partially true. But mostly it is a battle of will.

Is our will to fight and resist stronger than that of the Clans? It certainly is. We've already proved it to ourselves, now we must prove it to the Clans. Stand fast in Defense and Counterattack with the fury of the berserkergang. Prove we are their most unyielding opponent and we will achieve victory.

Because they will grow tired of fighting a war of attrition and they will look to our left and our right, to the Steiners and Kuritas that we "might" try cutting a path to in an attempt to flee, and see weaker foes. And they will choose the path of least resistance and when that day comes, the Republic will have won.

But first we have to stand.

Edited by Ivaneus, 25 January 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#4 starwolf1991

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNo Data Available

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:28 PM

As long as there are still a few brave souls ready to deploy from the KungsArme's dropships onto the frontlines, we WILL stand. One way or another :)

#5 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

Can you tell us where this information comes from and which units have entered such a pact?

Sorry for the wrong information - this was taken from an old contract with various Steiner units which is not in affect any more. In fact, among others, the 12th Donegal Guards lead several devastating attacks against the FFR.
Also - as you recognize - my unit unfortunately decided to switch contract (against my vote, but what ya gonna do ^^). My heart still belongs to the FRR thought, and I wish you the best of luck!

Edited by s0hno, 16 February 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#6 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:15 AM

We need to do nothing but attack, **** defense, its a lot more sweet killing clanners on worlds they think they own.

#7 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

OH PLEASE DO! We'll destroy your cities and drink your mead!

#8 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

"OH PLEASE DO! We'll destroy your cities and drink your mead!"

There it is, the confirmation I have been waiting for. I knew one of you was gonna let it slip eventually.

All clanners allways deny to harm civilians or cause collateral damage, thank you pup this is evidence that you do seek out and destroy populace on Inner Sphere planets with extreme prejudice.

This is gonna make great propaganda!

Edited by Mandrakerootes, 23 February 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#9 Weird Beard

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

Greetings FRR. We at Phoenix Company salute you and your resolve. I signed us up with you guys a little over a week and a half ago and will be here for 17 days more. It's an honour to stand alongside you. O7

#10 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostWeird Beard, on 24 February 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

Greetings FRR. We at Phoenix Company salute you and your resolve. I signed us up with you guys a little over a week and a half ago and will be here for 17 days more. It's an honour to stand alongside you. O7

Good work, you and your guys. Won a nice match or two on Galluzo with you, hope to fight alongside you folks more.

#11 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

View PostLeGiit legion47, on 22 February 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

OH PLEASE DO! We'll destroy your cities and drink your mead!

i need more wolf pelts

#12 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:46 AM

We are pushing back at every opportunity. Dropped 3 times last night and all were pug that being said we successfully defended 2 counter attacks and only lost an attack. This attack was lost due to only having 1/4 of omega left and the remaining 2 mechs ( me included) were a little too slow. Only 75 kph in an assualt.
This is the turning point in our battle Clanners be wear the FRR has grown some mead muscles!!

#13 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

Just a qquick thought too my FRR brotheren. I have looked at the map and we only got three planets left on three fronts. Wouldnt it be better too allow them too go,start back at our home planet where it is only the wolves and ghost bears. Then cut a path back too both thier home planets and hold them for ransom like they have held ours for too long. Would love too seee both of thiers rapped in green and it would put us away from everyone else. There we would only have two fronts too fight on where both of them would have several and also put Stieners only a few planets away from them and i know how Stieners would love too sink thier teeth in
to some bear meat Just a thought.FIGHT WITH VALOR,DIE WITH HONOR..

Edited by jjyn, 05 March 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#14 JaegerDjinn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA,USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Update: after rereading sOhnos post and looking at the map again I think it would be wise as i said for the FRR too return too home planet and cut up the middle of the Clan Wolfes and the Ghost Bears. Stieners you flank them from the right and take the planets at the top of the map. Kurita must flank left and do the same take the top planets. Right now the clanners are not fighting each other and must be pushed too the center of the map where all house can attack them personally. Right now the Meriks, Lioas, and Davions cant attack them and have too be able too help as a whole group effort in this mission.

#15 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:58 PM

View Postjjyn, on 05 March 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Update: after rereading sOhnos post and looking at the map again I think it would be wise as i said for the FRR too return too home planet and cut up the middle of the Clan Wolfes and the Ghost Bears. Stieners you flank them from the right and take the planets at the top of the map. Kurita must flank left and do the same take the top planets. Right now the clanners are not fighting each other and must be pushed too the center of the map where all house can attack them personally. Right now the Meriks, Lioas, and Davions cant attack them and have too be able too help as a whole group effort in this mission.

Which is pretty much what the organized units should and are going for

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users