22 replies to this topic

#1 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

1. I'm using a 2 button mouse, is there a way to use the wheel as a 3rd button? What is a good (Cheap) gaming mouse?

2. Team Speak. Team Speak for dummies, a thread or Vid? Also a (Cheap) microphone?

I thank you in advance. :)

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

Mouse wheel can be a 3rd, 4th and 5th button.

You can bind the clicking and the scrolling. Should be in the keybindings.

#3 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Yes, I have mouse click as the weapon bay door toggle and scroll up/down as plus or minus zoom.

#4 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 January 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Mouse wheel can be a 3rd, 4th and 5th button.

You can bind the clicking and the scrolling. Should be in the keybindings.

How?

#5 MonochromeGoat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostSonny Black, on 25 January 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

How?

Settings, Keyboard probably, Weapon Groups.

#6 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostSonny Black, on 25 January 2015 - 11:26 AM, said:

How?

Go to Settings, to to Keyboard, assign whichever command to the scroll or MMB.

#7 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 25 January 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

Go to Settings, to to Keyboard, assign whichever command to the scroll or MMB.

Thanks

#8 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Help needed.

Team Speak. Team Speak for dummies, a thread or Vid? Also a (Cheap) microphone?

#9 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

Buy a Logitech mic from best-buy. It'll last you a few years then break, and you can buy another for like $10. If you cant figure out TeamSpeak's UI, Im surprised you can figure out MWO's UI. TeamSpeak has a way better UI than MWO UI 2.0.

#10 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostLordBraxton, on 26 January 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Buy a Logitech mic from best-buy. It'll last you a few years then break, and you can buy another for like $10. If you cant figure out TeamSpeak's UI, Im surprised you can figure out MWO's UI. TeamSpeak has a way better UI than MWO UI 2.0.

Best Buy. Right thanks

BTW You would be surprised at the things I've not figured out...lo they are legion. :)

#11 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Moving to hardware and accessoriesa

#12 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

You still looking for a mouse, too, or are you just going with what you have? What's "cheap"? What do you want emphasized, features like buttons and profiles and on-the-fly settings or high sensor quality? (ie do you play more MMOs and MOBAs or are you more a shooter guy?)

#13 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostCatamount, on 27 January 2015 - 06:53 AM, said:

You still looking for a mouse, too, or are you just going with what you have? What's "cheap"? What do you want emphasized, features like buttons and profiles and on-the-fly settings or high sensor quality? (ie do you play more MMOs and MOBAs or are you more a shooter guy?)

Yes I am still looking for a gaming mouse. Cheap...? under $50.00. "buttons and profiles and on-the-fly settings or high sensor quality' not sure what that means Let's pretend I'm an idiot when it comes to things like this...simple one syllable words would help. I changed my mouse settings and am this getting used to it. MMO, Not a 1st person shooter guy...I suck :lol: . I like Battletech, really good at the TT game, so I'll play this because I like the game.

#14 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

http://www.canadacom...&item_id=060015
Posted Image

This would do the job, decently fast all around and precise........not to mention cheap...........

#15 xWiredx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

OCZ once tried their hand at cheap gaming mice. What came out of it in their first attempt was a dual-laser 2500DPI thing that did decently well for its price. I had one, used it for Gears of War PC for a good year or so. Then I decided to not be cheap anymore and got a Deathadder. Night and day difference. Save an extra $10 in pennies and get a Deathadder. You won't be sorry.

#16 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

View PostSonny Black, on 27 January 2015 - 11:59 AM, said:

Yes I am still looking for a gaming mouse. Cheap...? under $50.00. "buttons and profiles and on-the-fly settings or high sensor quality' not sure what that means Let's pretend I'm an idiot when it comes to things like this...simple one syllable words would help. I changed my mouse settings and am this getting used to it. MMO, Not a 1st person shooter guy...I suck :lol: . I like Battletech, really good at the TT game, so I'll play this because I like the game.

Basically, you can have a mouse that has lots of buttons, or you can have a mouse that makes you really, really, really good at pointing at things, ie you'll be really good at shooting accurately in MWO. If you pay a little more you can have both, which is what it sounds like you can do.

I like Smokey's G100s recommendation, but if you're willing to go up to $50, then I would absolutely, positively, step up to this for $9 more

http://www.amazon.co...s=Logitech+G402

Then you kind of get the best of everything, especially for 39 bucks. You can't beat it. The Deathadder is another good option, a tried and true optical, but it's also $10 more expensive for basically the same thing :P (and the G402 is possibly a great deal better, but that's a whole big discussion about Logitech's new mice)

Edited by Catamount, 27 January 2015 - 05:40 PM.

#17 Smokeyjedi

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

View PostCatamount, on 27 January 2015 - 05:22 PM, said:

Basically, you can have a mouse that has lots of buttons, or you can have a mouse that makes you really, really, really good at pointing at things, ie you'll be really good at shooting accurately in MWO. If you pay a little more you can have both, which is what it sounds like you can do.

I like Smokey's G100s recommendation, but if you're willing to go up to $50, then I would absolutely, positively, step up to this for $9 more

http://www.amazon.co...s=Logitech+G402

Then you kind of get the best of everything, especially for 39 bucks. You can't beat it. The Deathadder is another good option, a tried and true optical, but it's also $10 more expensive for basically the same thing :P (and possibly something a great deal better, but that's a whole big discussion about Logitech's new mice)

That is one sexy mouse..........Hot damn!

#18 Catamount

• 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:43 PM

Yeah Logitech is definitely taking their new gaming mice very, very seriously. The G502 is often hailed as the best gaming mouse in existence bar none right now, and having taking the chance on one for $50 (bought it on Ebay without a weight cartridge to save a few bucks), I can really see why. It's build, ergonomics, sensor and features are all absolutely killer. The 402 is just the slightly less featured little brother so I imagine it's killer, too.

#19 Lord Letto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 900 posts
  • LocationSt. Clements, Ontario

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

^ I Agree with Logitech Recommendations^
I'd say check local Classifieds (Craigslist, Kijiji, Ebay, ETC.) and you might find a nice deal on something 2nd hand, expecially after Christmas as someone may have gotten a brand new one as a gift but don't need it so selling it for cheap.

#20 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

if your still loking for a cheap half decent mouse gigabyte m6800 worked well for me, has a DPI button on it to help your accuracy and in canada it was 29 bucks if your in the US it will be even cheaper.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users