53 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Abt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 470 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Are there damage reg issues with autocannons?

Today i had several encounters where i hit the target with my AC20 multiple times, red crosshair, i see the shell hitting, target was barely scratched though. It was very noticable in three different fights, against a cicada, a centurion, a wolverine, when only my ML did damage and the AC20 shells didn't do squad. Checked my weapon stats afterwards and my AC20 hit rate went up, so i know hit them and it registered, just the damage went void.

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Been getting worse it seems.

Seen even lasers doing reacharounds.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

My PPCs are only registering about two thirds of the time, based on my count of how many times I get a red reticle vs how much damage I see on the end of match screen.

#4 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostAppogee, on 25 January 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

My PPCs are only registering about two thirds of the time, based on my count of how many times I get a red reticle vs how much damage I see on the end of match screen.

This.
Also lasers somewhat.
>orange core raven
>perfectly still
>unload 5medlas pinpoint
>lives
>kills me

rippp

#5 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

its been like this for AC's since 2 or 3 patches ago;

AC's are still going though the first hit box and then doing splash damage on the rear hitbox;

This triggers the hit marker because it hit, but does little to no dmg because its counted as a near hit.

This is definitely server related; There are certain days where it works fine. So i think part of it is load on the servers, or how many shots are being calculated elsewhere in the map at the same time that causes delays in processing the shot. The delay then causes a desync between where the hitbox is and where the fire line is.

I have also had tons of shots be miss located. IE a direct hit to the CT causes leg damage on a mech that is not moving; Or a CT hit that gets applied to the arm or ST;

Either way, this engine is garbage and they should scrap it if they cant fix it.

#6 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Yep I am fairly sure there has been hitreg issues with the AC 20 when fighting the clans on the star map. A few matches like this where 4 and even 5 ac 20's to the ct and st were ignored. I have since stopped using it on my Protector.

I should say that it may not just be the Ac 20. The guys making this game should take a good look at this issue because for the last couple weeks it seems to be common.

Edited by Johnny Z, 25 January 2015 - 12:16 PM.

#7 spottiedogman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 174 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Happens on all weapons not just AC's, hit reg is on again off again depending on what was done in latest patch. I have turned in several support tickets on these issues and been told it has to do with ping, trace route, and HSR but when you shoot a SCR point blank right in front of you with 2 AC 20's from the King crab and it goes srtaight through the CT no damage registers and never does with a team mate watching something is wrong and has been wrong all along in this game since closed beta with PGI promising to fix it all along the way but never have and obviously never will as their much to hammered with community crying for content, more maps, CW, more mechs, etc. then whinning about everything they do get done because it was not good enough or work like they think it should. They should be fixing the real issues like these and game mechanics but hey not all is bad we are getting the Urbie right!

Just my two cent rant!

#8 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

View Postspottiedogman, on 25 January 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

Happens on all weapons not just AC's, hit reg is on again off again depending on what was done in latest patch. I have turned in several support tickets on these issues and been told it has to do with ping, trace route, and HSR but when you shoot a SCR point blank right in front of you with 2 AC 20's from the King crab and it goes srtaight through the CT no damage registers and never does with a team mate watching something is wrong and has been wrong all along in this game since closed beta with PGI promising to fix it all along the way but never have and obviously never will as their much to hammered with community crying for content, more maps, CW, more mechs, etc. then whinning about everything they do get done because it was not good enough or work like they think it should. They should be fixing the real issues like these and game mechanics but hey not all is bad we are getting the Urbie right!

Just my two cent rant!

If they dont have at least 1 guy on this full time the entire time they are building this game its a mistake. Screwing with hitboxes in other shooters is a big thing for hackers. Typically making them super tiny etc. Maybe they use lag i have no idea how its done but i can assure anyone that its entirely possible to make hit boxes vanish in other shooters at those perfect moments when they need a win etc.

Thats whats called closet hackers. They turn the hacks on until victry is assured then turn them off so end stats look normal or they turn them on at the end to secure a win. I actually have fun making jokes about it. lol Guys that cant do anything right or even move their character around decently turn into 100% accurate freaks at the end to get a win although their piloting of their character is always a weakness.

#9 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Thats not "new" issues. Its very bad for some time, not just with ACs.
Lasers and PPC arent well either, SRMs are like rolling a dice.

Top that up with a good deal of randomness. Sometimes its less bad, only to completely loose it again after a few minutes.

#10 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,946 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:24 PM

What I find odd though, is immediately after Neema put the Laser Hitregistry fix into the game, hitreg was pretty much just beautiful, for everything including lasers.

Lights were popping when your aim was good, hitreg just felt outstanding.

Was like that for at least the next following 2-3 days, and then gradually, hitreg seemed to get worse and worse.

And now, hitreg is almost guaranteed fail, even on Ballistics and PPC's, shots are back to doing reacharounds (front hits that score on the opposite side), or phasing through stuff completely.

Bulletproof lights, the usual.

Shrug.

#11 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:31 PM

Firestarters.............Gauss.

These are the 2 issues I find.....

Maybe its my 18MS ping. either way it sux

#12 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

It is back again to the point where it actually makes no sense to play the game at all.

Just played about 15 games with my unit, all of the matches were horrible. I couldn't get a single kill, it was like I was throwing balls of cotton - almost no damage arrived on the target.

#13 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

I would agree; And its not everything;
LRMs, SRMs all are working with out a problem. I keep getting mowed down by SRM boats because my ac40s arnt doing any damage. So 2 shots and im already dead.
Lasers are also working; A 6 ml jenner can take my leg off in 2 alpha's and that has been happening all day.

While i am sure there is some laser reg issues; its not the 10% hit rate that ACs are experiancing right now.

#14 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Laser alphas seem not to be registering well for me, although single lasers shots seem fine, its just alphas that seem to not work properly. Hadn't really noticed it until i went for my AWS-8Q with 4LPL, and 1 is almost as effective as 4 at times. even firing 2 at a time seems hit/miss on how much punch it has, chainfiring seems fine, which is generally how i run, but i miss that 4 hit punch(even if the heat gauge skyrockets, it rips crap off pretty quickly)

It also seemed like the LRM heavy matches were the worst. not sure if that is cause or just coincedence.

Edited by KamikazeRat, 25 January 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#15 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

down here in the 300+ pings i don't seem to get as much of a problem, however my positional data can be ridiculous some matches, warping me around to the point of unplayable.

The fact that my ping doesn't seem to alter much (in game display at least) seems to indicate it's severside or on the sever path.

#16 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

Just picked up a VTR-9K on the Kurita sale this weekend, loaded it with the standard AC10 and 2PPCs, and have had a hell of a time getting damage to register. It's pretty much the worst of both worlds, having a large ballistic and PPCs, neither of which seem to reg consistently. Feels like a waste of money right now with the current hitreg issues. Might as well stick it on the shelf and run something with hitscan lasers. My ping is a consistent 70-72ms.

Edited by jay35, 25 January 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#17 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Based on what i see, this is more of a replay queue problem. Where if you alpha something it gets placed into the queue for processing. If it takes to long to process, the data is dropped for newer data.
I notices this yesterday when i shot someone with ac40 and did no dmg to the arm, but 3 seconds later with nothing hitting it, the arm came flying off.
So my guess is that the queues during matches are filling up and just dropping data.
The more matches on a server, the less resources it has to process the queue, the longer the queue becomes, the more hits that get dropped;

The only weapons that wouldn't be a problems would be things like LRMS, streaks an other server controlled paths.
I think with the last patch, they probably started to prioritize lasers more, which is why they worked so well and everything else (AC's) still sucked. This would explain why they still have problems (because queue lag) but just not as much as before.

This is just my interpretation.

#18 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

I'm actually seeing lag tonight where I and another player are engaged and both trying to torso twist and fire on one another. When we both appear to fire at the same time, the game basically halts for a moment before bursting forward, catching up and showing me dead, instead of actually allowing me to fire my weapons. It's like the game is deciding the other player's AC and PPC shots (CTF-3D i faced just now) are arriving at the server and killing me before my AC shots are reaching the server, so it's almost like it's pausing time and determining that my shots will be discarded and not counted and then speeding back up to show me dead. It is a pretty poor experience tonight in particular, as this keeps happening.

Edited by jay35, 25 January 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#19 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

View PostRalgas, on 25 January 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

down here in the 300+ pings i don't seem to get as much of a problem, however my positional data can be ridiculous some matches, warping me around to the point of unplayable.

The fact that my ping doesn't seem to alter much (in game display at least) seems to indicate it's severside or on the sever path.

I've started getting lag where the game will turn your mech 20 degrees left or right just as your about to fire your alpha. It's super frustrating. My ping has also started to randomly go from 250 to 400+ for no reason at all. No downloads or anything, but that could be because Australian Internet sucks (Thanks a lot Turnbull! Not)

Edited by Troutmonkey, 25 January 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#20 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

This is new? This has been going on for a couple of years now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users