When The Clans Reach (The General Vicinity Of) Terra

33 replies to this topic

#1 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:38 AM

Given that Rasalhague and Luthien are immune from invasion, one would assume Terra is as well.

So, that opens questions:

* If a Clan takes Terra - ie: if PGI allowed one of the Clans to invade, and presumably any IS power to defend - does that turn it into a giant free for all, with any and all factions with a common border able to invade it, and the 'owning' faction having to perform all defense by itself?

Because that would be *awesome*

#2 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

#3 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

View Poststratagos, on 25 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Given that Rasalhague and Luthien are immune from invasion, one would assume Terra is as well.

* If a Clan takes Terra - ie: if PGI allowed one of the Clans to invade, and presumably any IS power to defend - does that turn it into a giant free for all, with any and all factions with a common border able to invade it, and the 'owning' faction having to perform all defense by itself?

I have a theory on this matter. This game mode is still currently in Beta, so there is a lot of opportunity for them to address new scenarios in cw. It's likely that capitals could have their own special scenario, and Terra being the most special probably deserves a tournament in its own right.

That being said, maybe we'll make it to Terra, maybe not. :P Depending on how influenced PGI is by Battletech lore, we could end up seeing a Grand Tournament fight on Tukayyid to conclude Operation Revival. Then maybe they'll do a time jump straight into the FedCom civil war. That would be exciting!

#4 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

I'm guessing we won't be able to take it.

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

I am guessing and hoping that PGI will start a tournament for the ownership of Terra. Something like X units of the Clan reaching it first vs X unit from ComStar and mercs. I would love that.

#6 John Winters

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 123 posts
  • LocationWithin the Vision.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Should be changed to. When Smoke Jaguar reaches Terra.

#7 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

Can't take terra right now so it's pointless, most clan units have no desire to go terra instead looking for planets to capture. If they do open terra they will also have to open clan homeworkds for the IS to attack , the kerensky cluster is already on the map way north of all the fighting. They had to have some reason to code those planets in? And yes thier should be some tournament style play for those capital worlds , like first faction to win 3 in a row win the planet or something like that , make it challenging

#8 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:22 AM

Once clans reach terra, my best bet is they outright reset the entire CW game.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 26 January 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Can't take terra right now so it's pointless, most clan units have no desire to go terra instead looking for planets to capture. If they do open terra they will also have to open clan homeworkds for the IS to attack , the kerensky cluster is already on the map way north of all the fighting. They had to have some reason to code those planets in? And yes thier should be some tournament style play for those capital worlds , like first faction to win 3 in a row win the planet or something like that , make it challenging

Right now. I want to be optimist, i want to expect a surprise from PGI :)

View PostLastKhan, on 26 January 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

Once clans reach terra, my best bet is they outright reset the entire CW game.

Nah. I think Russ does not want a reset, he wants to leave it up to the players.

#10 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 26 January 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

I'm sure the kerensky cluster will be involved in the game at some point. Maybe we'll eventually see a Wars of Reaving scenario playing out alongside the Jihad.

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

View Poststratagos, on 25 January 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

Meh, the battle for terra would be won by w/e faction is attacking....atleast at the current pace, since it seems attacking is just a zerg, zerg, zerg, zerg until you get 51% wins and bam, terra is yours. CW was cool at first, but its novelty has worn off and its lack of depth is obvious.

#12 ClannerJake

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:06 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 January 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

....since it seems attacking is just a zerg, zerg, zerg, zerg until you get 51% wins... its lack of depth is obvious.

they are just waiting tell we have no compassion left, then they will release the real maps. you know the ones they made that aren't 1 way chokes you just rush to win, cause there is no otherway, its on purpose but don't tell them that its against the rules to post stuff like that. im just surprised they don't let us all have warhawks and unlimited missiles and heat, no wait... that would make their spam whoring obvious wouldn't it.. next they will increase the prices of mechs for weight classes that are in excess, ill message it in private to their dev leader so he can steal it in secret. i anticipate 1 cbill per locust prices inbound just speaking it.

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 January 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Nah. I think Russ does not want a reset, he wants to leave it up to the players.

its a beta, they will reset it after, just like for clans release. why? because the maps suck so hard it pulls true vacuum, i heard nasa is going to license the game to start manufacturing zero point batteries.Posted Image

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:49 AM

View PostNoesis, on 25 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

throws 2$ gets the answer: blackjack and Hookers.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 January 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostClannerJake, on 26 January 2015 - 07:06 PM, said:

its a beta, they will reset it after, just like for clans release. why? because the maps suck so hard it pulls true vacuum, i heard nasa is going to license the game to start manufacturing zero point batteries.

I understand the lack of depth and features, but Russ himself said at least two times on Twitter that he does not want a reset.

#15 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

Hm, when we get to Terra...

I suppose that the challenging Clan would bid Comstar Irregulars and other Comstar units for set of battles under approved conditions and eventually the side with higher score would win. We would either have an ilClan or a Comstar tyrany dictatorship extremist theocracy enlightened rule.

#16 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:12 PM

Tukayyid only had the 15 year truce attached to it because it was an agreed upon proxy battle for Terra. There would be no such deals for an actual invasion of Terra. Any clan that got close to Terra would have the right to invade it and keep invading until they either won or ran out of forces.

Comstar got the Truce if they won, the Clans got Terra and Comstar's surrendering of it and all the territory to get to it if they won. Both sides got something.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 27 January 2015 - 08:13 PM.

#17 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 27 January 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Comstar got the Truce if they won, the Clans got Terra and Comstar's surrendering of it and all the territory to get to it if they won. Both sides got something.

I bet ComStar would have not kept their word if they lost.. :ph34r:

Edited by CyclonerM, 28 January 2015 - 08:05 AM.

#18 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 January 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

Right now. I want to be optimist, i want to expect a surprise from PGI :)

He never says he wont reset, he said its a possibility. And to be honest, its inevitable, it wont be now or infact anytime soon as PGI is still gathering data on CW. Once **** starts to make sense and game balance and new mechanics work properly with new game modes. It most likely gets a reset and beta tags off.

But thats a long ways away ;).

#19 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:12 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 28 January 2015 - 08:04 AM, said:

I bet ComStar would have not kept their word if they lost.. :ph34r:

Duh, ComStar didn't keep their word and they WON. Operation Scorpion fired off seconds after the battle was started and lead to the Comstar internal rebellion where the Leader of Comstar ended up dying because of lead poisoning... ie a bullet to the brain.

http://www.sarna.net...ration_Scorpion

Operation Scorpion (May 1st, 3052 - ?? May 3052) was a failed attempt to put the entire Inner Sphere, including Clan occupied territory, under ComStar control. The plan was designed by Primus Myndo Waterly and called for insurrections on all Clan occupied worlds administered by ComStar, to tie down all garrisons, as well as complete HPG interdiction of the Successor States.

Battle of Tukayyid -- The battle began on May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 28 January 2015 - 08:14 AM.

#20 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:48 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 28 January 2015 - 08:12 AM, said:

Duh, ComStar didn't keep their word and they WON. Operation Scorpion fired off seconds after the battle was started and lead to the Comstar internal rebellion where the Leader of Comstar ended up dying because of lead poisoning... ie a bullet to the brain.

Battle of Tukayyid -- The battle began on May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052.

Pff. Operation Scorpion, the foolish plan of a mad woman.. On ComStar's defense, Focht was a honorable man and did the right thing , just a bit too late ;)

And anyway, i meant that if ComStar had lost on Tukayyid, i can guess they would have rallied their surviving forces and probably pleaded for help/threatening the Successor States of repercussions if they did not help defending their planet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users