Create A Client Based Bb For Groups, Cw Faction Drops, Recruitment, Etc.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

It's not easy as a new player, nor is it easy dropping in Community Warfare as solo or a small group. VOIP may go some length to help that but why not enable people to easier find group drops, faction cooperation or even clan recruitment in the GUI itself?

I propose a client incorporated Faction Bulletin Board where company leaders can put up a notice (text can be stored and recalled) that they are looking for players to form a temporary drop and add him as friend. Thus text can contain some general data like age, skill, mood, TS3 details, recruitment, etc.

The ingame client is the one place we know everyone looks, hence centralizing information and making it easily available makes sense. There could be multiple BB pages too. Recruitment, casual drops, friend finding, etc. It should also feature the MWO news flow in abbreviated form and would be a perfect place for RPG elements in future. Headhunting, challenges, contest announcements, streams, etc.

This is a minor change and only needs a BB with some limits (post only remains as long as leader is online). Together with the VOIP, this allows players to form groups that fit each taste easier. Since it utilizes the friend/faction function it doesn't require new things coded to group up.

Edited by Lan, 26 January 2015 - 06:03 AM.

#2 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

Great idea! Team based games need an in-client communication service that reaches beyond the unit and friendlist.

I endorse this proposal :)

Edited by PyckenZot, 26 January 2015 - 07:06 AM.

#3 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:01 PM

I think this would work very well. Make it a separate tab after the Faction so people can separate the game play and BB information.

#4 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

I like your idea, however one change to it I might suggest, in terms of Unit Recruitment many games have a listing of available Units/Clans/Guilds, maybe mimic that feature here and specify contract length with it and a button sending a request to join the Unit. This could be something that Unit members with ability to invite members can turn on or off.

#5 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:10 PM

With the LFG addition, I would add a tab for temporary groups to be visible aswell. Make it so each temporary group can select a few dropdown filter tags, "Teamwork", "Voip required", "Cadet training squad", "High ELO's only" etc.

The front BB page ingame could be advertising space for the big clans and companies, they could pay MC to be on the front page of the BB interface - extra income PGI? ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users