63 replies to this topic

#1 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Mo. USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

I got tired of the nerfing of the T-Wolf 4-5 months ago, half the clan pack was useless so I left for greener pastures. I keep getting e-mails from friends saying come back but I have my reserves.. What's changed about how PGI balances mechs and what's the top 3 clan mechs on the field now and why?

#2 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Timbergod, Doomcrow, and Magic Jesusboxbringer (which dethroned the Whale).

Only "balancing" (read: ret4rd levels of power creep) to some specific IS mechs has closed the gap any.

Timberwolf is still the overall best mech.

#3 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 26 January 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

Timbergod, Doomcrow, and Magic Jesusboxbringer (which dethroned the Whale).

Only "balancing" (read: ret4rd levels of power creep) to some specific IS mechs has closed the gap any.

Timberwolf is still the overall best mech.

gonna figure out these quirks to see whats best loaded on a T-wolf now

#4 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 26 January 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

I got tired of the nerfing of the T-Wolf 4-5 months ago, half the clan pack was useless so I left for greener pastures. I keep getting e-mails from friends saying come back but I have my reserves.. What's changed about how PGI balances mechs and what's the top 3 clan mechs on the field now and why?

You left because the Twolf wasn't OP enough? It's till pretty great. Nice big XL engine and endo and ferro. You won't find another mech with that until the stormcrow.

#5 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

You can buy an unnerfed Timberwolf for real cash now. B)

#6 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

What's changed about how PGI balances mechs

Not much. They upped the madness a bit by band-aiding the already band-aided balance by "quirks". IS only for now.
Massive power increase of some variants while others stayed between "meh" and totally useless.

Depending on when you left you will find clan lasers now generate even more heat.
And the DW can jump now ;).

what's the top 3 clan mechs on the field now and why?

TBR, SCR and HBR or DW.

Id rank the DW a bit below the HBR that packs a magic jesus box.

#7 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

gonna figure out these quirks to see whats best loaded on a T-wolf now

They don't have quirks, but they still have the best overall builds.

Prime: 2LPL, 4ERML, TC1
C: 5ERML, gauss
S: 4ASRM6, 4SPL

All have over 3.5 KDR, and I'm not even that great at the game.

#8 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostOne of Little Harmony, on 26 January 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

You left because the Twolf wasn't OP enough? It's till pretty great. Nice big XL engine and endo and ferro. You won't find another mech with that until the stormcrow.

dude please don't start with the OP BS.. save it

#9 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

If you think the Timberwolf did not require any adjustments, then you are either sad that your Pay-to-Win Mech isn't a Pay-to-Win Mech anymore, or you're sad that Clan Mechs aren't the crutch you needed to win against other players.

Sorry about that. Go pay to win elsewhere. Maybe you'll find another crutch somewhere that fits you.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 26 January 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#10 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 26 January 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

Well first you have no idea what I think... and I'm sorry you looking for a fight.. [Redacted]

You opened this thread under the premise that you left because the Timberwolf was being nerfed. You obviously thought it didn't require negative adjustments. Tue only people who feel that way are people who think they should be able to hop into a Timberwolf and win more easily than in other Mechs.

A.k.a. TimberCrutch.

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 08:47 AM.
moderated quote

#11 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:57 PM

More heat? lol are you serious?

Well first you have no idea what I think... and I'm sorry you looking for a fight.. [Redacted]

No offense but I think your statement of "got tired of the TBR getting nerf'd" kind of summed up your thoughts lol, he has a point!

Now, that being said. The TBR is still just as narly and crazily potent on the battlefield, always has been and always will. the heat is easily manageable and not a big deal to a pilot who can manage heat...not just point click and expect to die with a 4.12 kdr.

Wubwolf is my personal favorite right now.

Edited by John Wolf, 04 February 2015 - 08:47 AM.
moderated quote

#12 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

View Postmongo2006, on 26 January 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

dude please don't start with the OP BS.. save it

It was OP on release. On the flip side, IS mechs have some relevance now because of the Quirkening. Nowadays they're still way good for their tonnage, but they're in an okay spot.

#13 mongo2006

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

clearly talking about clan mechs opens some wounds for some IS pilots.. Thank you all that actually gave me a reasonable answer.. I think the community is still to butt hurt over balance, I'mm come back in another 6 months lol. Carry on without me.. gonna go fly my space ship

Edited by mongo2006, 26 January 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#14 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:59 PM

More heat? lol are you serious?

I dont think it has been reverted.
Also, some lasers lost range, damage and got a longer burn.

The cerll was at 2 seconds for some time until they brought it down to 1,5 ;).

edit: And one of the reasons clans cant be that strong is that PGI couldnt bring 10v12 on so they had to be brought down to a 12v12 compatible level.

On the other hand, theres a whole LOT of clan chassis that are far from OP. Not even P.

Edited by occusoj, 26 January 2015 - 05:02 PM.

#15 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Silly to respond to obvious troll thread. Like the Timberwolf will ever be anything but our best Heavy choice.

#16 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

View Postoccusoj, on 26 January 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

I dont think it has been reverted.
Also, some lasers lost range, damage and got a longer burn.

The cerll was at 2 seconds for some time until they brought it down to 1,5 ;).

edit: And one of the reasons clans cant be that strong is that PGI couldnt bring 10v12 on so they had to be brought down to a 12v12 compatible level.

On the other hand, theres a whole LOT of clan chassis that are far from OP. Not even P.

more like a lot that are UP...its sad really to see a few of my favorite mechs from MW2 butchered.

#17 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

I've never thought the tw needed a Nerf, and I've just bought one a couple days ago. And they didn't Nerf the tw ever, just clan weapons, then buffed IS mechs.

Did they measure any metric of clan vs IS befor and after clan Nerf but before IS buffs?

CW map will never change if there is balance, so clans are stuck with that tiny section. And their metric to buff/Nerf is if one side is doing better. They need to stop.

#18 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

To answer the title of this thread: No, it may never be safe for you to come back.

#19 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

View PostBobzilla, on 26 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Did they measure any metric of clan vs IS befor and after clan Nerf but before IS buffs?

There were some IS vs Clan tests. Most ended in horrible stomps in favor of the clan team at the release balance.
After some adjustments, this was repeated. Still more wins on the clan teams but not as bad.
Latest stats came closer to 50/50, but I dont remember the exact number. Clans still had slightly more wins.

IS buffs were not so much for buffing their T1 mechs but making the terribad rest viable. By large and all it failed, a lot of the bad chassis are somewhat less bad but still not viable. A few got much better (TDR for example).

#20 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:40 PM

View Postoccusoj, on 26 January 2015 - 05:36 PM, said:

There were some IS vs Clan tests. Most ended in horrible stomps in favor of the clan team at the release balance.
After some adjustments, this was repeated. Still more wins on the clan teams but not as bad.
Latest stats came closer to 50/50, but I dont remember the exact number. Clans still had slightly more wins.

After the second test it was 2 out of 3 in favor of the Clans so it still wasn't balanced at that point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users