#1 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:19 PM

Its currently at a 12/12 queue.. who is attacking a Liao world during the ceasefire?

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

It is not a unit from the FWL. BWC and Seraphim report it is not them either. We are still investigating.

#3 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:30 PM

See? Marik can't be trusted! attaaaaaaack

#4 mp00

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 319 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIn a bottle, Canada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

No unit identified as of yet, attack has ceased.. one case of aged marinated space bacon and one case of old Kentucky Bourbon has been dispatched to Liao high command courtesy of the FWLM diplomatic core.

#5 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 26 January 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

See? Marik can't be trusted! attaaaaaaack
sure, be right over. you meant steiner right?

#6 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

Somebody shoulda taken that left turn at Atreus.

#7 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:23 PM

Hi John!

Wasn't us. We responded to new Liao unit attacking Scarborough yesterday. They were informed of the cease fire and backed off.

#8 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:15 AM

We have screenie verification that its the Praetorian Legion. They left Davion space and went to Marik, and are now launching attacks against the ceasefire.

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4138834

Letting you Mariks know who's playing in your yard.

#9 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:09 AM

View PostJohn Wolf, on 27 January 2015 - 05:15 AM, said:

Praetorian Legion

Couple of Davion posts citing the PL for similar shenanigans on the Steiner border.

#10 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

They are a merc unit moving around taking various contracts. They have been gone from us for awhile now and are moving around just like so many other units in this game. 228, MS, ACES and several others come to mind that have done this nothing new here.

#11 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

And this is why factions need a management system which can punish treacherous or bad actors as units in the game with ingame repercussions (penalties to C-Bills, LPs or even MC prices if this gets well and truly disruptive to the functionality of the game.) I said it before, PGI cannot be an absentee landlord and must provide the tools to self police OR be the police.

Of course, I've been given the pungently strong impression that PGI does not desire gentlemen agreements but rather a Ten factions enter, One faction leaves" Thunderdome arrangement but lacking the ability to totally knock out a faction... so the metaphor is really Jack Sparrow (there should be a captain in there somewhere) versus Barbossa (with a really big hat) fighting for all eternity till the final trump sounds... except the monkey hid another piece of gold.

So, yes, false flag ops will now be part and parcel of the game, with no repercussions, black marks, treachery/treason scores for units. To have the MRB (not the corrupt MRBC caught in scandal and rife with... politics) that tracks and scores units for informational purposes (and contract negotiation which PGI must... MUST I SAY!!!... provide.)

Dirty pool, PGI... dirty pool.

But very dirty pool from the units doing this.

Edited by Kjudoon, 27 January 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#12 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostBrew E, on 27 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

They are a merc unit moving around taking various contracts. They have been gone from us for awhile now and are moving around just like so many other units in this game. 228, MS, ACES and several others come to mind that have done this nothing new here.

No qualm with them moving around. Mercs gonna merc. Units should still abide by ceasefires agreed upon by existing members of the faction they join, however.

#13 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 27 January 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

And this is why factions need a management system which can punish treacherous or bad actors as units in the game with ingame repercussions (penalties to C-Bills, LPs or even MC prices if this gets well and truly disruptive to the functionality of the game.) I said it before, PGI cannot be an absentee landlord and must provide the tools to self police OR be the police.

Of course, I've been given the pungently strong impression that PGI does not desire gentlemen agreements but rather a Ten factions enter, One faction leaves" Thunderdome arrangement but lacking the ability to totally knock out a faction... so the metaphor is really Jack Sparrow (there should be a captain in there somewhere) versus Barbossa (with a really big hat) fighting for all eternity till the final trump sounds... except the monkey hid another piece of gold.

So, yes, false flag ops will now be part and parcel of the game, with no repercussions, black marks, treachery/treason scores for units. To have the MRB (not the corrupt MRBC caught in scandal and rife with... politics) that tracks and scores units for informational purposes (and contract negotiation which PGI must... MUST I SAY!!!... provide.)

Dirty pool, PGI... dirty pool.

But very dirty pool from the units doing this.

I could not agree with this more. PGI should give us some sort of limited power to have some say over who Houses hire who we don't. But until then Units are allowed to chase the C-bills and bribe perks that PGI gives out to some failing factions like candy on Halloween. Maybe when they actually implement the loyalty system they have been promising us for awhile now it will change peoples perspective a bit.

Edited by Brew E, 27 January 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#14 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View PostBrew E, on 27 January 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

I could not agree with this more. PGI should give us some sort of limited power to have some say over who Houses hire who we don't. But until then Units are allowed to chase the C-bills and bribe perks that PGI gives out to some failing factions like candy on Halloween. Maybe when they actually implement the loyalty system they have been promising us for awhile now it will change peoples perspective a bit.

See, I have faith that there are improvements down the pike. The question remains that for Obi Wan to answer... Are these the improvements I was looking for?

#15 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostBrew E, on 27 January 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

PGI should give us some sort of limited power to have some say over who Houses hire who we don't.

I really do think this could be a major advantage as a Loyal House Member over a merc member. Right now, there are no perks for being a House Member ATM. But, I don't know how this limited power will work.

"Who" gets to choose mercs to hire if that was the case. This game is set up to not give one player more power over the other when it comes to faction decisions. Most of this is done outside of PGI's grasp. But, as I have said before, diplomacy at this time is mostly all talk. Policies can be set in motion to influence the general player population, but nothing stops mercs from doing what they want to do.

PGI sets up a payment contract, mercs sign, fight who they want, and get paid in the end, with no need to know what factions really would LIKE to pay them for. And no matter how hard we try, mercs are gonna get paid the same amount attacking allies as they are attacking enemies. It is money in the bank. C-bills have the same smell, regardless if it is dirty or honorable.

BUT......there are great mercs here within Marik I KNOW are great to have, because they listen, give feedback, help with tactical decisions, and in general, attack who the faction really needs to attack. We cannot increase their pay (which I hope we could), but maybe there is a reputation bar that can be increased based off of how well they play with others, and with greater reputation, the higher the payscale for mercs.

This way, those hard working merc units who are actively trying hard to win over the hearts of their current employer are rewarded while the false flag troll mercs begin to see a decrease in their pay on completed contracts.

I don't know the right answer to how this can be controlled, but all we can do is grit our teeth, stomp mechs, and try to have fun with what we have for now.

#16 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:51 AM

Somebody brought up the Idea that Mercs should be to hire, not that Mercs simply decide who they wanna fight for. Then it would be the Decision of the Factions House Units - which Mercenaries they want to hire and which not. Would be an interesting Power, that House Units would have from then on.

House Units would also decide which Planets the Faction wants to fight over and which not.

Also Alliances would be done by them. Could even lead to : We don't want to attack this Faction at the Moment, so please delete that Attack Option and give us a second Attack Option on another Faction.

A simple Poll every Month would show which Mercs get Invitations and which Mercs don't. Could be a tough System, but an immersive one.

Would also lead to more House Units and less Fluctuation and also more realistic Mapchanges over Time.

But also this would be just a basic Idea.

Blacklists or Bounties for Mercs and Pirates would also be nice Additions to the Game.

On the other Side a trustworthy and successful Merc Unit would have a really great Time in CW.

Evil/untrustworthy Mercs and Pirates could found their own little Kingdoms of a Handful of Planets in the IS Periphery...

Edited by Joe Decker, 27 January 2015 - 07:58 AM.

#17 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 27 January 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

I really do think this could be a major advantage as a Loyal House Member over a merc member. Right now, there are no perks for being a House Member ATM. But, I don't know how this limited power will work.

"Who" gets to choose mercs to hire if that was the case. This game is set up to not give one player more power over the other when it comes to faction decisions. Most of this is done outside of PGI's grasp. But, as I have said before, diplomacy at this time is mostly all talk. Policies can be set in motion to influence the general player population, but nothing stops mercs from doing what they want to do.

PGI sets up a payment contract, mercs sign, fight who they want, and get paid in the end, with no need to know what factions really would LIKE to pay them for. And no matter how hard we try, mercs are gonna get paid the same amount attacking allies as they are attacking enemies. It is money in the bank. C-bills have the same smell, regardless if it is dirty or honorable.

BUT......there are great mercs here within Marik I KNOW are great to have, because they listen, give feedback, help with tactical decisions, and in general, attack who the faction really needs to attack. We cannot increase their pay (which I hope we could), but maybe there is a reputation bar that can be increased based off of how well they play with others, and with greater reputation, the higher the payscale for mercs.

This way, those hard working merc units who are actively trying hard to win over the hearts of their current employer are rewarded while the false flag troll mercs begin to see a decrease in their pay on completed contracts.

I don't know the right answer to how this can be controlled, but all we can do is grit our teeth, stomp mechs, and try to have fun with what we have for now.

I am really hoping the Loyalty system rewards curbs some of this flip flopping at the drop of a hat at least that is my hope. This I think if done right could have a much more positive effect than any sort of player control over contracts to Factions (limited or otherwise)

#18 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostBrew E, on 27 January 2015 - 07:54 AM, said:

I am really hoping the Loyalty system rewards curbs some of this flip flopping at the drop of a hat at least that is my hope. This I think if done right could have a much more positive effect than any sort of player control over contracts to Factions (limited or otherwise)

I think the original intent on community warfare was really driven by the need of mercenary play. I mean, come on.....look at the website....mwomercs? How this game should have been run was how it works in battletech lore.....Houses hire and control the movements of mercs with the dangling carrot of c-bills. But how it is run right now is mercs control the movements of Houses, and c-bills are magically created for accounts of mercs.

I hope several loyal House members will stick with their respective house as long as it takes. Our time should be coming, but it still need to be built into the game.

#19 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 27 January 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

I think the original intent on community warfare was really driven by the need of mercenary play. I mean, come on.....look at the website....mwomercs? How this game should have been run was how it works in battletech lore.....Houses hire and control the movements of mercs with the dangling carrot of c-bills. But how it is run right now is mercs control the movements of Houses, and c-bills are magically created for accounts of mercs.

I hope several loyal House members will stick with their respective house as long as it takes. Our time should be coming, but it still need to be built into the game.

Well whatever the fix is it needs to happen because it is broke now along with several other aspects of CW. Salute to you Mariks it has been good scraps with you.

#20 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

I think the Mec population is way too big and has a far too big impact. Big Merc units switch factions and the increase/decrease in CW success is noticeable immediatelly.

I say this as a Merc.

View PostKjudoon, on 27 January 2015 - 07:01 AM, said:

See, I have faith that there are improvements down the pike. The question remains that for Obi Wan to answer... Are these the improvements I was looking for?

UI 2.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users