Brotherhood Through Combat, Respect Through Strength

27 replies to this topic

#1 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

What a wild ride it's been. Everyone into CW (and perhaps some of those not so into it, but amused by the human drama) has seen warfare explode across the borders of the Clans. Both Mercs and the Children of Kerensky have seen fit to do battle with each other, for honor and glory.

Between Clans Ghost Bear and Wolf in particular, there has been a healthy competition of pride, and a show of prowess on the battlefield. However polarizing the thoughts and opinions of individuals may be, I think everyone agrees, as both players of this game and virtual members of our respective Clan communities, that unity is preferable to concentrated hostility. Enjoyable PvP should be the point of the exercise. I think our Trials of Grievance are drawing to a close, as forces on both sides are no doubt beginning to feel the fatigue and delay in returning to the advance on Terra.

Personally, I have gained a new appreciation for some of the skilled units in Clan Wolf, and I hope likewise exposure to GCB tactics and firepower have inspired your warriors to greater levels. Now that some of the attack lane wonkyness has settled down, it is my intention to lobby those within CGB to resume the push to Terra, without delay or distraction. I extend the same invitation to those warriors in Clan Wolf eager to return to our important work of realizing the Great Father's vision.

I remain impressed by the efforts of warriors like Blueduck to step forward and organize a more regimented approach to displaying our respective Clan strengths with ritual combat, with the noble intent of preserving the enjoyment of CW for every Clan player. Keep in mind, as everyone has often discussed regarding the contract mechanics, that CGBI simply can't order or force the actions of other units. Instead of holding those units in contempt, I encourage you to understand their motivations from the perspective of a competitive player looking for combat, outside of a lore context. They are fun guys to drop with, ordinary humans playing a video game for enjoyment just like the rest of us, and having a great time on TS doing so.

Instead of letting pride poison the progress of Operation Revival, let us sublimate that competitive instinct into sharpening the skills of our warriors in honorable combat. Instead of dragging the entirety of our toumans into the pointless skirmishes over a handful of worlds, let the individuals with issues settle them 12v12 or 1v1 in an honorable circle of equals.

Brotherhood through combat, respect through strength. These are the values that make Clans superior.

#2 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

the only question left: pride and honor?
so after a agreement between bears and wolfes, parts of the bears attacked and took wolf territory Wher eis honor in this? Thats very much a betrayal. And then the wolves striked back, showing you how it ens when the machtes are on honorable level.
The Problem is without any kind of vote system and interfacion politics, the only way to gude a whole clan is "honor" but many of those traitor units are just an annoyance for the goal of the entire clan while the clan itself does not have any ability to penalize those units.

I may undertsand the seek for combat in CW, especially when the queues are empty on the IS borders. But then it is hardly fun and competitive when the only one coming to defense are pugs because the true CW units are sticking to the contracts.
And at the moment the bears units going Wolf terrain instead of IS terrain leaving the offense and defense at the FFR border in a weak state was the moment where it was not about fun and compotetion anymore. Because that is also what they would have found on the FRR border.

Good luck GB's trying to pack your little chaotic bearserkers together.

#3 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:35 AM

Nothing much to add BobF. I had some great games during the last days, Won some, lost some, but not one was boring.

Edited by Duvanor, 27 January 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#4 H I A S

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

We thanks SWOL for the gg's at sunday evening!

<S>

#5 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:45 AM

View PostbobF, on 27 January 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

What a wild ride it's been. Everyone into CW (and perhaps some of those not so into it, but amused by the human drama) has seen warfare explode across the borders of the Clans. Both Mercs and the Children of Kerensky have seen fit to do battle with each other, for honor and glory.

Between Clans Ghost Bear and Wolf in particular, there has been a healthy competition of pride, and a show of prowess on the battlefield. However polarizing the thoughts and opinions of individuals may be, I think everyone agrees, as both players of this game and virtual members of our respective Clan communities, that unity is preferable to concentrated hostility. Enjoyable PvP should be the point of the exercise. I think our Trials of Grievance are drawing to a close, as forces on both sides are no doubt beginning to feel the fatigue and delay in returning to the advance on Terra.

Personally, I have gained a new appreciation for some of the skilled units in Clan Wolf, and I hope likewise exposure to GCB tactics and firepower have inspired your warriors to greater levels. Now that some of the attack lane wonkyness has settled down, it is my intention to lobby those within CGB to resume the push to Terra, without delay or distraction. I extend the same invitation to those warriors in Clan Wolf eager to return to our important work of realizing the Great Father's vision.

I remain impressed by the efforts of warriors like Blueduck to step forward and organize a more regimented approach to displaying our respective Clan strengths with ritual combat, with the noble intent of preserving the enjoyment of CW for every Clan player. Keep in mind, as everyone has often discussed regarding the contract mechanics, that CGBI simply can't order or force the actions of other units. Instead of holding those units in contempt, I encourage you to understand their motivations from the perspective of a competitive player looking for combat, outside of a lore context. They are fun guys to drop with, ordinary humans playing a video game for enjoyment just like the rest of us, and having a great time on TS doing so.

Instead of letting pride poison the progress of Operation Revival, let us sublimate that competitive instinct into sharpening the skills of our warriors in honorable combat. Instead of dragging the entirety of our toumans into the pointless skirmishes over a handful of worlds, let the individuals with issues settle them 12v12 or 1v1 in an honorable circle of equals.

Brotherhood through combat, respect through strength. These are the values that make Clans superior.

Cease fire where made for a Goal, attack IS and get the closest possible to Terra, you want to talk about honor? Then help the guys who are attacked by Mercs who want to split territory in half just to say hello to others factions instead of just, you know. Switching factions like they love to do.
Good luck using Zellbriggen against them, like if they cared about that.

Edited by KuroNyra, 27 January 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#6 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:47 AM

Lily, we both know the catalyst for hostilities lies at the feet of a few, possibly just one individual. At this point, it's all been said, many lulz were to be had, many salty tears shed, and many f5 buttons worn out. I'm just saying that I'm ready, and many others in CGB are ready, to get back to the important business of conquering IS space. I was mostly dropping on the meat grinder called Hermagor last cycle, possibly winning the distinction of being the Clan/IS Wazan.

#7 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:51 AM

View PostbobF, on 27 January 2015 - 03:47 AM, said:

Lily, we both know the catalyst for hostilities lies at the feet of a few, possibly just one individual. At this point, it's all been said, many lulz were to be had, many salty tears shed, and many f5 buttons worn out. I'm just saying that I'm ready, and many others in CGB are ready, to get back to the important business of conquering IS space. I was mostly dropping on the meat grinder called Hermagor last cycle, possibly winning the distinction of being the Clan/IS Wazan.

Maybe some of you are. But guys like -MS- seems not, Mercs seems to like creating more BS.
Heck, and theses guys want to say the Clan Wolf is the Big Bad Wolf (no joke intended... You know... Clan Wolf.... Big Bad Wolf...)

http://mwomercs.com/...40#entry4135040

View Posthybrid black, on 25 January 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

hybrid here waiting on your planet for a fight just letting you know

guys like him for example.

Edited by KuroNyra, 27 January 2015 - 03:57 AM.

#8 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

Everyone has reservations on merc intentions, and the only thing I can say is see what actually happens in the coming ceasefire cycles. I get the feeling they may have anti-Clan Wolf fatigue at this point, as the defense of your own core worlds has been formidable. Good job and good fights.

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Just because tou say there is peace does not mean there will be peace. Perhaps Clan Wolf will now go and take some of the Ghost Bear planets that border us, or perhaps we will head back into the Inner sphere, or maybe we will do both. I will drop where the Wolves will go, as a loyal Wolf. We had met and discussed how casuals have suffered fatigue with community warfare, but we have seen an influx of members since Friday night, all interested in learning and dropping in community warfare, so my goal was reached

Edited by Vxheous Kerensky, 27 January 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#10 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:08 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 27 January 2015 - 03:58 AM, said:

Just because tou say there is peace does not mean there will be peace. Perhaps Clan Wolf will now go and take some of the Ghost Bear planets that border us, or perhaps we will head back into the Inner sphere, or maybe we will do both.

That option is certainly open to your unit. All that would happen by attacking GB is renewing the hostilities, again, seeing both our forces fight to a stalemate, again, and start all kinds of forum drama, again. Would you truly risk the same folly as Gyrok?

I personally think it's time to renew forum drama with the IS, they've had it easy these past couple of days.

#11 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:20 AM

It was excellent testing our skill against such skilled warriors, not to mention a nice break from thunderbolt/firestarter hell

Edited by xDisturbedx, 27 January 2015 - 04:20 AM.

#12 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:22 AM

View PostbobF, on 27 January 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

That option is certainly open to your unit. All that would happen by attacking GB is renewing the hostilities, again, seeing both our forces fight to a stalemate, again, and start all kinds of forum drama, again. Would you truly risk the same folly as Gyrok?

I personally think it's time to renew forum drama with the IS, they've had it easy these past couple of days.

I will fight on the planets that Clan Wolf fights on, as I always have.

#13 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:35 AM

Oh, if we could settle it with a couple of Trials of Possession..

But i think your mercs' batchall must have been lost among all the incoming comms.. :P

I cannot decide anything or speak for anyone else, but my own opinion is that we should stop attacking CGB once we take Ferris back.

Btw, i hope we get a couple of FRR targets these next days..

#14 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 January 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

But i think your mercs' batchall must have been lost among all the incoming comms.. :P

I cannot decide anything or speak for anyone else, but my own opinion is that we should stop attacking CGB once we take Ferris back.

as said before lets talk with the falcons if they allow us to take one of their plants to get a lane to steiner.

I want to bash soem blue boys and some 12DG's

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 January 2015 - 05:06 AM.

#15 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostbobF, on 27 January 2015 - 04:08 AM, said:

No, the ruse was well played by CGB.

I retook a world taken from us with consent.

As for the rest of it. None of this would have even been an issue if the mercs flying your banner were to have stayed in their own attack corridor.

Do not lay blame at my feet. I have been patient and shown restraint in previous negotiations with these units. Now, in those attempts there were only asinine terms offered, much as there were this time.

The blame for interclan strife lies solely at the feet of those who formed this situation into what it is. This was a long time coming. Everyone watching knew it would only be a matter of time.

There is no need to try to play me as a scapegoat for the actions of many who had the ability and authority to choose a different path.

#16 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostbobF, on 27 January 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

Amazing man, just ******* amazing! Well said and I agree with you.

#17 Fox Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 375 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North / The Wolfs Den

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 January 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

I agree with u aswell, and if this is truely the end of the hostilities, we should head straight for FRR or as soon as we get a lane (really PGI?)...

Or Lily mentioned, ask CJF for a lane to Steiner.

Not sure about Ferris because who cares really, it gives no benefit to own it and would only divert resources away from the front lines.

Edited by Fox Kell, 27 January 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#18 Demiurge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 713 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostFox Kell, on 27 January 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Not sure about Ferris because who cares really, it gives no benefit to own it and would only divert resources away from the front lines.

Ferris is oure planet. that is the main benefit in this game. Well .. if someone come at you home and take a TV for example from you ... do you say - i don't need it anyway, take it ?

But i agreed in one think. We must take Hohenems tooday, or JF will complitelly cut us off Stainer border.

Edited by Demiurge, 27 January 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostDemiurge, on 27 January 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

Ferris is oure planet. that is the main benefit in this game. Well .. if someone come at you home and take a TV for example from you ... do you say - i don't need it anyway, take it ?

Well said.

But i agreed in one think. We must take Hohenems tooday, or JF will complitelly cut us off Stainer border.

Mmh. They have Tamar as a target, so it seems they may cut us off anywy :huh:

PGI and their weird hyperspace jump devices..

#20 Hardin4188

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

I think a lot of people in Ghost Bear underestimated our tenacity. I am pleased that we were able to show them that we are force that one should not underestimate. I am ready to resume the march to Terra, but I will of course follow the decision of my unit leader and the rest of Delta Galaxy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users