Where's My Marauder, Warhammer, Archer, Longbow, Stinger, Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Valkyrie, Rifleman, Crusader, Scorpion, And/or Goliath?

54 replies to this topic

#41 Heer

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

Well now we have a Marauder - I wonder what will be next?

#42 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:09 PM

warhammer

#43 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 16 September 2015 - 09:09 PM, said:

warhammer

Admittedly, I only saw it on reddit, which means it's thoroughly troll-infested. That said, I'm quite certain I read that the concept art for Warhammer is already finished.

I have yet to read anything even APPROACHING confident, saying that any of the other unseen are inbound. It may step a little too heavily on some toes, to go building the Wasp and Stinger and Phoenix Hawk and Crusader, as they are all based on variants of the Macross universe's Veritech (sp?). Warhammer, Rifleman, and Archer, are based on less commonly seen designs that also showed up in the Macross universe. Then, to be fair, we did at least get the Marauder so far, which was considerably more prominent in Macross than any of the 'destroids'. (Seriously, even when I was a kid these names were ridiculous.) Was that not Khyron's big bad wolf of a command battle pod?

I'm going to doubt that the Rifleman will make an appearance any time soon. We have the Jagermech and Blackjack already, which were the steps up and down (respectively) from the Rifleman.The Archer would be cool, but I doubt it would be too popular with the meta game having moved on from LRMs. We'll see how the ECM nerf impacts that.

Warhammer, though? Look, WAY back when, before closed beta, there was a little video that went around. It was a quick animated teaser for MW:O. And it featured exactly TWO battlemechs: An ATLAS and a WARHAMMER. This generated WAY too much excitement for the no-unseen letdown. Now that the blinders appear to be off, that really should have been the first unseen mech to be released. At the very least, I would expect it to be formally announced before the end of the year, and preferably before the Marauder ships.

And yeah, PGI got my money for that Marauder. Ain't nothin' wrong with that.

#44 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostTheRAbbi, on 16 September 2015 - 09:50 PM, said:

The Archer would be cool, but I doubt it would be too popular with the meta game having moved on from LRMs. We'll see how the ECM nerf impacts that.

if 'infotech' won't kill them outright
srm brawling archers anybody (:

Now that the blinders appear to be off, that really should have been the first unseen mech to be released.

no ><
marauder is much more prominent in the books as well as afaik comparably prominent in the games
it deserves to be released before warhammer (me myself never really having played the previous mech games but having read some books don't even recall almost anything about warhammers.. i saw the art and that's all while marauder is a very major mech in the grey legion of death series)

Edited by bad arcade kitty, 16 September 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#45 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

If I remember correctly from the Town Hall with Russ they are going to test the waters with the Marauder and if that goes well the Warhammer will be next as they already have the concept art finished.

#46 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:01 PM

Both the Warhammer and Marauder are important lore-wise and it was really a tossup between the two. Major and minor characters in BT fiction pilot both.

I think the Marauder offers more to IS pilots, hardpoint-wise, so I'm glad we're getting it first.

#47 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 16 September 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

if 'infotech' won't kill them outright
srm brawling archers anybody (:

no ><
marauder is much more prominent in the books as well as afaik comparably prominent in the games
it deserves to be released before warhammer (me myself never really having played the previous mech games but having read some books don't even recall almost anything about warhammers.. i saw the art and that's all while marauder is a very major mech in the grey legion of death series)

The warhammer is quite a popular mech. It seems you somehow dodged the popularity of it. But it is nearly everywhere mentioned where I go- if anything I would say it is tied with marauder.

Most pics that contain a marauder often contain a warhammer as well. otherwise it's most often a warhammer on the mainstream (1990's. early 2000's, and early 2010's) media or BT sources.

For instance MWO MW5's original trailer containing the warhammer.

The Warhammer is less 'hyped' in terms of it's hardpoints because it is very similar to MANY mechs out there... marauder a little bit too if it wasn't for that AC 5 and it's location, if it wasn't for that there are like 10 IS and 3 Clan mechs I can say that fit the same shoes in all but looks and sometimes tons.

Either way- I can imagine the non popular unseens coming in such as the Longbow- I mean gosh the MW4 longbow is my fave model and it is a reseen version I have no idea why it's not in game now but I hope it is considered now! I would totally buy that (as well as Marauder II)

#48 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 16 September 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Your ignoring/overlooked the Warrior trilogy, Wolves on the Boarder and tons of source books, lets not forget the Warhammer was on two game box covers and the first PC game. The Warhammer and Marauder are on par with each other in terms of popularity, can't say one is more deserving than the other.

#49 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

So let me get this straight, are people really complaining about getting a chocolate fudge sundae instead of a strawberry sundae? You got a sundae. Eat it and have fun!

People really will complain about everything.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 19 September 2015 - 08:23 PM.

#50 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 19 September 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

So let me get this straight, are people really complaining about getting a chocolate fudge sundae instead of a strawberry sundae? You got a sundae. Eat it and have fun!

People really will complain about everything.

But... But I wanted a banana split! Not a sundae! So why can't we have an Ostscout first?

Okay, okay! I kid, I kid! Put down those pitchforks and torches, people! :D

#51 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

well congrats, both the marauder and warhammer approach

#52 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:39 AM

So, idle question, was there a new agreement where they're allowed to use these designs now? I don't think I'd seen anything about it.

#53 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 02 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

I know the Warhammer and Marauder are the big ones everyone wants to see. But Even still. Please give me the Wasp, Stinger, Ostscout, and Phoenix Hawk! A light/Medim pilot to the core. And after some of the things we've seen the locust do I can only drool at the Stinger?Wasp combo. The Ostscout just looks cool. ;)

Edited by Qtvcfr, 02 October 2015 - 11:26 PM.

#54 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

...the Ostmann Industries 'mechs aren't Unseen and haven't been for a few years now. This is not the place to ask for an Ost.

...and really, why would you want the one-weapon-at-most Ostscout when you could get an Ostsol, an Ostroc, or an Ostwar?

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 04 October 2015 - 08:23 AM.

#55 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:28 AM

View PostHusker Dude, on 02 October 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

So, idle question, was there a new agreement where they're allowed to use these designs now? I don't think I'd seen anything about it.

In a way, yes. Technically, these designs also count as "different" enough not to be confused with the originals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users