Implying that I'm lying on the ground. :P

Only if you are grousing of how someone else takes his/her last stand. ;) :P :D

#43 Mauller

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

I don't see it as being against the rules, but I'm going to call someone out rather than wait for the time to run out. I'm either running a mech that I really like to play, or i'm grinding the xp on that particular model. I don't feel like waiting for a timer to run out because someone is worried about their ego.

If there's only a few minutes left in the match, whatever, but if we're steamrolled and I have to wait 10 minutes, no.

#44 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 January 2015 - 05:29 AM, said:

Only if you are grousing of how someone else takes his/her last stand. ;) :P :D

Trying to win by capture points and/or picking off wounded stragglers is a last stand.

Hiding without any intention to cap/kill is not. ;)

#45 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 28 January 2015 - 05:28 AM, said:

I've even been told to let myself get killed when I am not powered down and the last man standing to get it over with and the clock was at 11. Seriously another 4 min. at most is that big a deal?

is it that big a deal to atleast try to kill someone in those last 4 min?

i dont mind players making the full out of the 15min as long as they are actively fighting or harrasing trying to get one more kill or capping or something.

but if you are hinding in a corner expect your position to be in all chat

act like a disco, get treated like a disco

Edited by mark v92, 28 January 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#46 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:38 AM

View Postmark v92, on 28 January 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

The bad news for you is, that telling the enemy the position of teammates makes YOU break the Code of Conduct. (Unless it's a DC person, that is probably okay). It's annoying, yes, but it's totally legit.

#47 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 28 January 2015 - 05:38 AM, said:

The bad news for you is, that telling the enemy the position of teammates makes YOU break the Code of Conduct. (Unless it's a DC person, that is probably okay). It's annoying, yes, but it's totally legit.

correct. but it seems like nobody cares about that. mostly half of your teammates will tell your position.

#48 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:42 AM

View Postmark v92, on 28 January 2015 - 05:36 AM, said:

is it that big a deal to atleast try to kill someone in those last 4 min?

i dont mind players making the full out of the 15min as long as they are actively fighting or harrasing trying to get one more kill or capping or something.

act like a disco, get treated like a disco

I was running around trying to split them up. I asked the team how many enemy lights were left. I was in a Raven 2X and figured I could take out a medium or heavy if they had no lights left. All I got was "just die".

#49 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 28 January 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

I was running around trying to split them up. I asked the team how many enemy lights were left. I was in a Raven 2X and figured I could take out a medium or heavy if they had no lights left. All I got was "just die".

if they dont want to help you a bit when your trying to fight you might just be in a ****** team.

if it seems like you are hiding but you want to surprise the enemy, state so in team chat. so ppl wont think you are only hiding without a plan

#50 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:45 AM

View PostFupDup, on 28 January 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

Trying to win by capture points and/or picking off wounded stragglers is a last stand.

Hiding without any intention to cap/kill is not. ;)

And not unheard of. Being Alive to say what happened and intel on Who did it IS a smart thing. :P A RP reason to stay alive.

#51 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

Sometimes shutting down is to good tactical advantage but unless your on conquer waiting to win by resources and its 12/2 then just go get it finished and move on and try another match. Use that time to try a new technique even peek a boo or back stab. Trying to get oneself into a better position to inflict some damage is better than just powering down and prolonging the inevitable. So you might live but in the long run you just make a bunch of people flame and send in reports that waste valuable staff time that could be better served making new maps. KDR is not essential info.

I figure my KDR in a different manner. I take my said mech for an allotted time frame say comp matches, team drops, duels, CW or pug drops and note down my info for these scenarios and plot out KDR for those events. My KDR on most mechs is bad because in team practice we try different stuff and sometimes I am the designated target just like in a pug drop sometimes you need to be the one who flushes the enemy out so your team can flank or surprise etc.

Fight till the death or Victory.

#52 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

View Postmark v92, on 28 January 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

correct. but it seems like nobody cares about that. mostly half of your teammates will tell your position.

MAybe, maybe not. If someone had some kind of "imma power down and then wreck their rears" thing in mind and feels pissed he might report you for doing that.

I personally would not want to find out IF they ban people for this.

I just know for a fact that they do ban people if reported for proper griefing (e.g. Team Killing a lot) regardless of how much they payed on that game ;)

And yeah, from an RP point of view: Staying alive makes sense, i think :D

#53 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostStraferX, on 28 January 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Sometimes shutting down is to good tactical advantage but unless your on conquer waiting to win by resources and its 12/2 then just go get it finished and move on and try another match. Use that time to try a new technique even peek a boo or back stab. Trying to get oneself into a better position to inflict some damage is better than just powering down and prolonging the inevitable. So you might live but in the long run you just make a bunch of people flame and send in reports that waste valuable staff time that could be better served making new maps. KDR is not essential info.

I figure my KDR in a different manner. I take my said mech for an allotted time frame say comp matches, team drops, duels, CW or pug drops and note down my info for these scenarios and plot out KDR for those events. My KDR on most mechs is bad because in team practice we try different stuff and sometimes I am the designated target just like in a pug drop sometimes you need to be the one who flushes the enemy out so your team can flank or surprise etc.

Fight till the death or Victory.

Your preferred play style, but not everyone's.

#54 mark v92

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostApocryph0n, on 28 January 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

MAybe, maybe not. If someone had some kind of "imma power down and then wreck their rears" thing in mind and feels pissed he might report you for doing that.

I personally would not want to find out IF they ban people for this.

I just know for a fact that they do ban people if reported for proper griefing (e.g. Team Killing a lot) regardless of how much they payed on that game ;)

And yeah, from an RP point of view: Staying alive makes sense, i think :D

i think pgi tried to fix it with a not updating map. but you can still see the coordinates with f9. Ive played this game a lot and i havent heard anyone complain about being banned for calling positions.

when i try to surprise the enemy when im alone i will clearly state so in team chat. people wont call you position then

#55 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

Imagine how much more of this will occur when repair/rearm is put back into the game.

#56 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 28 January 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

Imagine how much more of this will occur when repair/rearm is put back into the game.

Strangely I don't remember it happening when we had R&R. The gaming happened during repairs.

#57 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:04 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 28 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

Strangely I don't remember it happening when we had R&R. The gaming happened during repairs.

Hrm. I remember a lot of people running and hiding from back then when the match was drawing to a close. Different experience for different players, I suppose.

I especially remember the cries of "tear him apart before you kill him" going out when we DID flush the rat out of his hiding spot. Poor guy wouldn't die until he was armless, one-legged, and torso-less.

#58 Mauller

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 28 January 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

Hrm. I remember a lot of people running and hiding from back then when the match was drawing to a close. Different experience for different players, I suppose.

I especially remember the cries of "tear him apart before you kill him" going out when we DID flush the rat out of his hiding spot. Poor guy wouldn't die until he was armless, one-legged, and torso-less.

Yep. You would slowly make sure to cripple the mech and destroy everything before finishing off the person just to make sure that they got as little reward as possible after repairs.

#59 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:08 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 28 January 2015 - 06:04 AM, said:

I remember this being said as well... It was also said about DCs. Penalty for being DC.

I didn't agree with it since stability was always a problem. ;) And I am not sadistic, just pixel(Blood) thirsty.

#60 Salvag3

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:22 AM

I mean the question is how does shutting down help your team. It's one thing to shut down in order to avoid detection in the hopes of setting a ambush or getting away to cap another flag. But shutting down for the sake of avoiding death with no intentions of doing anything to help your team is just trolling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users