Audio Bug Is Back?

5 replies to this topic

#1 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

since last patch ive had a audio bug only in mwo. sounds like a buzzing sound that only happens when im past log in screen and into the mech bay or in a match, if I tab out to windows it stops. only when im actively in mwo does it buzz... sounds like a feedback buzz. im currently running repair tool. I will let you know if it fix's it

Edited by playful0, 28 January 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#2 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

no mismatch found, I will try changing my audio cord tomorrow to be double sure its not something silly like my cord went bad. will update tomorrow

#3 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

Greetings,

There was an update to Nvidia drivers on the 22 Jan., this also included the digital drivers for audio on some cards.

- There was or is a Dev. thread about XFi cards and driver issues with positional and 3D sound for this game.
(that fix was with updated Creative Alchemy changes and settings)
- And the sound your hearing may just be auto updated software or patched items requiring the setting 'confirmed' or reset.
- Check for updated sound drivers, I know it's crazy, but some of the manufactures have actually produced new drivers with the release of Win8 series and Win10 arrival.

If it's ONLY found from within apart of MWO and not everywhere, it's not your hardware, but some settings conflict.
- positional sound, environmental effects, corrupted 'Mech engine or rotate sound, just some ideas.
(every 'Mech has some 'engine' sound drone noise and they are all different, is this same sound found in all 'Mechs?)

- As an example, this is what's stated for the update I last installed:
(the last driver release I installed was from 2010, the most resent is Feb 2014.)
  • Enables the DirectSound3D game audio to be processed by your Sound Blaster audio device to deliver EAX effects, 3D audio spatialization, sample rate conversion and hardware audio mixing. Without this, most DirectSound3D games will be reduced to stereo output without any EAX effects.
  • Improves 3D audio processing for host-based Sound Blaster audio devices.
Good lick,
9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 29 January 2015 - 12:40 AM.

#4 playful0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:09 AM

well, I tested my cord and tried a new one had the same problem, so I plugged in a pair of headphones and so audio buzz in them at all. so I think ive desided my speakers must have gone funky or the connector on my monitor. at the moment ive pluged in a old ipod radio to use for sound and no buzz. so I guess its my monitor or the socket on it one that's goofing up. thank you though 9erRed I will also check into the driver thing if nothing else than because it is most noticeable in mwo. other programs ive heard it in the buzz is like 1/4 the volume and almost cant hear it.

#5 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

I get popping sometimes like the speakers are bad but I bought a new headset and it does it just like my speakers do. Maybe related?

#6 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

Greetings all,

There was a resent post from the Dev.'s about these exact sound issues,
- popping and related hiss on some cards or sound chips.
- They also had a solution or at least what to look for.
~ might have been 'direct sound' related, needing that option turned off and your actual sound chip/card selected as the source.

~ looked but can't find it this min. It was not that long ago, maybe a few weeks to a month.

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users