Remember The Wi Flag.

8 replies to this topic

#1 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

(http://www.gamerdna....did=5849&page=2
Guy complained for years about being cursed in the game, bad luck, always got aggro no matter who else was around etc. For years the company denied any kind of bugs. Then after a couple years they actually found it and fixed it.)

I am pretty sure I have one for the teams I get anytime after midnight CST. 80% loss rate it seems like. My hunchback 4G I was trying to level a few times is still missing the first win of the day bonus after 10+ games.

Game after game after game of people just splitting up and dying. Yet the other team works together, has tons of lrms, with ecm cover and spotters, and firing lines etc.

I look at the stats on the profile page, and it says my win/loss is 50/50.
it really doesnt seem right at all. 3 hours of playing mostly my stalkers/awesomes and crabs, and only 1 of 3 of them have even gotten the first win of the day bonus.

I see good players all the time. It is just that 80% of the time they are on the other team.

#2 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

Moral of teh Story: Just because you ARE paranoid, does not mean they are not out to get you.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

Relevant. :ph34r:

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/960

Edited by El Bandito, 29 January 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#4 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Oh and forgot to mention that I mostly play later at night.
so most times it seems to be just long losing streaks.

Daytime and weekends seems to be better.

Maybe the stats dont record games you log out early from?

Example the crab 000L showed something like 40 wins and 25 losses...and I know I have played way more games than that...and lost way more games just in the last few days alone than that on it.

#5 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

Great Story :D

DAOC must have had something like a Wi-Flag too...

#6 RiggsIron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 January 2015 - 02:15 AM, said:

Ah yes. The ever present trolls that take mere minutes to do their thing.

Its a good thing for PGI that people are a lot more friendly in game when they do chat than the forum posters would indicate.

Mostly since it seems to be the same few people that just repreat themselves in various ways thousands of times.

Why not just add the macro "learn2playnoob" to every post by default?
save typing.

Edited by RiggsIron, 29 January 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:40 AM

View PostRiggsIron, on 29 January 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

Ah yes. The ever present trolls that take mere minutes to do their thing.

Its a good thing for PGI that people are a lot more friendly in game when they do chat than the forum posters would indicate.

Mostly since it seems to be the same few people that just repreat themselves in various ways thousands of times.

Why not just add the macro "learn2playnoob" to every post by default?
save typing.

You see a Troll I read a fitting cartoon. The Match Maker puts us on teams with a similar Elo Score the widens the net if there are not 12 players within X points.

Then the MM will try to match our team against a team with the nearly the same team total/average. Widening teh net here as well.

So if you're Elo is high enough you will get placed with a team that can win 60% of the time or higher. If you are me you get placed with players who win 48% of the time mostly.

So yes if you want to win more, You need to be better than you are now so you will be placed with higher Elo players. It will not stop you from being stomped though.

#8 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Never heard of the Wi flag before, thanks for this story. :)

Sometimes I look at my stats and really think they can't be right. I have the feeling that it doesn't count every loss I had. But hey, it's just a feeling and I'm not accustomed to luck anyway. ^_^

#9 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

@RiggsIron
If you leave a game early, sometimes it does not record it. I'm not sure the exact way it decides whether or not to record it. I know because I've logged out of a match where I died (did decent-ish damage) and was fooling around in mechlab. Noted my c-bills, mech becomes available... same c-bills. Didn't count the match.

So never log out of a match early if you want to secure your money ^_^ (and your win/loss ratio)

Also, day play IS better than night play for some. You get different players and different time zones. Expect more "high skill" players in the evening, when people are off work and school in the US.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users