#1 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:43 AM

so you want to desync these 2 weapons, the solution is simple, make them mutually exclusive weapon systems, in your effort to add a charge to desync them you again failed, all it did was nerf it for the average player...the majority of players just use macros to fire them together so my suggestion is simple, remove the charge and make them mutually exclusive and while you are at it make it so you can only fire 1 gause at a time..all other pinpoint damage is capped at 20 why is gause any different? it has no heat...insta hits wherever you point, it is in it's current state and use overpowered, get it? make it so they are limited to firing 1 at a time and make it so PPC and gause cannot be used together...problem solved.

Edited by Nosferatu 666, 29 January 2015 - 10:47 AM.

#2 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:41 AM

lol ... No.

#3 Savage Sweets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

View PostNosferatu 666, on 29 January 2015 - 10:43 AM, said:

all it did was nerf it for the average player...

Generally agree with this, especially with their recent soar in usage.

the majority of players just use macros to fire them together

I'm not so sure about this, unless by "macros" you mean "grouping & firing them together".

so my suggestion is simple, remove the charge and make them mutually exclusive and while you are at it make it so you can only fire 1 gause at a time

I want to agree with this bc of how much pain in the arse guasses have become granted my usual choice to brawl, but at the same time, I don't openly see them as so broken that they are obscenely overpowered (except when used in concert by a majority of a team, but such is the case with almost any long range weapon).

..all other pinpoint damage is capped at 20 why is gause any different?

I thought the intended pinpoint-damage cap was 30. Unless you're talking about for a single weapon, in which case, the guass only deals 15 dmg per rifle. Still, two fired at the same time, still deals 30 synchronized damage.

insta hits wherever you point

No... it doesn't, though its velocity is incredibly fast and you likely won't dodge it if you're not absolutely aware of it and actively moving to avoid it (assuming you have the speed to). Or, are really bloody lucky.

make it so PPC and gause cannot be used together...

I have to agree with at least dual PPC & dual gausses not being used together bc they deal absurd amounts of pinpoint damage and at potential ranges of nigh-impunity.

Edited by Savage Sweets, 29 January 2015 - 02:41 PM.

#4 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

hahahahahahahahaha NO!!!

Edited by Scout Derek, 29 January 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#5 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

By macros I mean scripts that automatically charge the gause and then release and fire the ppc's simultaneously with only a single button press , this can be done easily by using programs like Autohotkey, a free download

also the intended max pinpoint is 20 as per 2 ppc/erppc without triggering massive ghost heat or 1 ac/20, both of with have massive heat and your actually have to have skill to aim, It is a major advantage for people who use software assistance in the game and it punishes the average gamer who logs in and plays fair...which in a sense condones and promotes the use of software assisted cheating...no different than aimbot IMO

http://mwocasual.com/?p=281

Edited by Nosferatu 666, 29 January 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#6 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

They have different velocities so even doing this they will be desynced depending on distance.

#7 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

I consider that cheating anyway!!!!

#8 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:40 AM

Macro to charge Gauss Rifle and fire PPC once the GR is charged? Who needs that -BLEEP- when you have timing? :P

But to your idea, OP, I say "no".

#9 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:14 PM

The OP is right that you have failed to faithfully represent the Battle Tech and MechWarrior Gauss Rifle. If you want to add a Mech Sniper Rifle like say a Railgun (older tech), go right ahead, but do not use the Gauss Rifle for this purpose. The Gauss Rifle is perfectly balanced with a longer recharge than an AC20, always has been.

Also like the OP suggests if you want to separate firing the Gauss and PPC just do that. No need to muck it up with a difficult to use de-sync that is Mouse-Only in what is traditionally a Joystick game. Joysticks are coming back, it's just the lack of Joystick support in console games that has the current crop of gamers not already owning one.

(And please folks, I currently win 70% of my games, place in the top three players consistently, and win most 1 on 1 duels using just a Joystick. You do as you like, but MWO is equally competitive with a Joystick.)

#10 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 30 January 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

The OP is right that you have failed to faithfully represent the Battle Tech and MechWarrior Gauss Rifle. If you want to add a Mech Sniper Rifle like say a Railgun (older tech), go right ahead, but do not use the Gauss Rifle for this purpose. The Gauss Rifle is perfectly balanced with a longer recharge than an AC20, always has been.

Also like the OP suggests if you want to separate firing the Gauss and PPC just do that. No need to muck it up with a difficult to use de-sync that is Mouse-Only in what is traditionally a Joystick game. Joysticks are coming back, it's just the lack of Joystick support in console games that has the current crop of gamers not already owning one.

(And please folks, I currently win 70% of my games, place in the top three players consistently, and win most 1 on 1 duels using just a Joystick. You do as you like, but MWO is equally competitive with a Joystick.)

We still need a "Select Next Weapons Group" for the joystick. This would bring us a little closer to the mouse users and would make a huge difference in JS game play.

I stopped using the guass rifle because of the charge time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users