35 replies to this topic

#21 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

I think it's silly that we have to wait 3 months before we can actually get any new mechs.

Why did they bother with MC in the first place? They never let people use MC, anyway. It's always pre-order this or that with real dollars.

Not amused in the slightest. The powercreep is getting stupid, their pricing is getting even stupider, and half of the variants they added are pretty worthless.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 30 January 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#22 PurpleNinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

I like my MDD-C with twin UAC10.
Simple and effective.

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 30 January 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

I think it's silly that we have to wait 3 months before we can actually get any new mechs.

Why did they bother with MC in the first place? They never let people use MC, anyway. It's always pre-order this or that with real dollars.

Not amused in the slightest. The powercreep is getting stupid, their pricing is getting even stupider, and half of the variants they added are pretty worthless.

But who wouldn't want to pay $22 for -15% ballistic heat on the Summoner? :rolleyes:

#24 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 January 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

But who wouldn't want to pay $22 for -15% ballistic heat on the Summoner? :rolleyes:

My theory is they added all the crap variants to conceal the daishi, madcat, and stormcrow parts.

#25 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 30 January 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

My theory is they added all the crap variants to conceal the daishi, madcat, and stormcrow parts.

Well, whatever the reason was, the sheer stupidity of the Thor's already existing pods being copy-pasted and sold as "new" with -15% ballistic heat has to have been deliberate. Especially when Mad Cats now get to bypass the JJ tax and have -5% energy heat. Something that massively dumb can't happen by chance...

Edited by FupDup, 30 January 2015 - 03:29 PM.

#26 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostFupDup, on 30 January 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

Well, whatever the reason was, the sheer stupidity of the Thor's already existing pods being copy-pasted and sold as "new" with -15% ballistic heat has to have been deliberate. Especially when Mad Cats now get to bypass the JJ tax and have -5% energy heat. Something that massively dumb can't happen by chance...

I honestly think it was done as a not-so-sly attempt to troll some of the community after asking for component unlocks and the like. Like you said, there is no way that wasn't done purposefully.

Like a big middle finger to anyone that prefers any Clan 'mech over the Trinity. 'Yeah, we know these other 'mechs suck, but this is all you get. However, we're giving one of the toughest assaults in game JJ's, we're undoing the -one- thing we did to psuedo-balance the TBR and giving the SCR - who already excels at laser vomit, yet -more- energy hardpoints. Enjoy!'

#27 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostXythius, on 30 January 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

I honestly think it was done as a not-so-sly attempt to troll some of the community after asking for component unlocks and the like. Like you said, there is no way that wasn't done purposefully.

Like a big middle finger to anyone that prefers any Clan 'mech over the Trinity. 'Yeah, we know these other 'mechs suck, but this is all you get. However, we're giving one of the toughest assaults in game JJ's, we're undoing the -one- thing we did to psuedo-balance the TBR and giving the SCR - who already excels at laser vomit, yet -more- energy hardpoints. Enjoy!'

What's sad is that they already HAVE the Summoner-M in the game code, all modeled and ready to go. It's basically a Thor Prime but with an added laser in the left torso.

#28 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 30 January 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Are you aware that this thing also exists in the gamefiles?
Posted Image

JJ capable, with the S-RT.

Though, for some reason this Summoner was ignored. Perhaps a Hero variant; it's the M variant, Mathus. 3051.

Slightly modified
Posted Image

#29 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

View PostXythius, on 30 January 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

#30 Gordon Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 348 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

View PostUltimatum X, on 30 January 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

For actual variants?

Only the DWF-S and WHK-C bring anything special to the table* - the DWF-S has a unique CT with a JJ installed (which could allow for 1 JJ builds) and the WHK-C has an E hardpoint in CT.

Otherwise you can just buy the new unique pods once they are available for your wave 1 variants (I'm assuming).

*The TBR-D has an E CT hardpoint, but so does the TBR-C, so it's not unique.

Thats what I am planning on doing, why buy whole variants when I only want a pod from each. DWF-S I may invest in. Thanks.

Edited by Gordon Gecko, 30 January 2015 - 03:50 PM.

#31 0bsidion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 30 January 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

I like my MDD-C with twin UAC10.
Simple and effective.

Yep, that or 2 LBX10s was what I was thinking, but the Heavy queue has been so congested lately I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off with the DWF, at least I wouldn't have to wait so long between matches

#32 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:44 PM

Im looking forward to the Nova and Mad Dog variants myself. Unfortunately at $220+ for all 12 I'll wait for CBills as there is 100% no incentive for me to get them with real money like the Wave 1 and 2 packs had.

#33 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:13 PM

View Post0bsidion, on 30 January 2015 - 04:29 PM, said:

Yep, that or 2 LBX10s was what I was thinking, but the Heavy queue has been so congested lately I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off with the DWF, at least I wouldn't have to wait so long between matches

I was wondering about that too, but started leveling MDDs anyway. In the end it doesn't take much long to find a match, even when there's more than 50% heavies I didn't had to wait more than a minute. There was some odd matches though, like 4 assaults, 4 heavies, 3 mediuns and a single light.

#34 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:26 PM

Well, I've never been interested in the clan mechs as I'm kind of an IS purist(I like their designs and style much more on top of lore reasons), but as I've been dying to have another light mech to play and the clanners seem to hate theirs so much, $11 seemed reasonable and cheap enough to get me to impulse buy the ADR-B as my first clan mech. Honestly I think most of the clan mechs on the whole look goofy and ugly, but the Puma is one design of theirs I actually rather like. Taking this hated and underused clan mech, decking it out with Rasalhague attire, and blasting clanners to bits with it has been very satisfying and well worth the money.

I've been running it stock as the loadout is actually pretty effective and I'm saving my c-bills to get the A and D variants while they're still on sale. The CLPLAS and 2 CERMLAS give it pretty good damage and reach, complemented by the CLB5-X for seeking crits to finish off components and cool down. I look forward to getting the other two variants and getting a better feel for the weapons I so often fight against.

Buying one of these just for a single pod seems kind of silly, but for someone in a situation like mine the prices are actually pretty good for a mech with a mechbay.

#35 Ted Wayz

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,913 posts
  • LocationTea with Romano

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Bought all 12, did a thread on it.

#36 Gordon Gecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent