Migrate Or Die.

102 replies to this topic

#1 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

At this point, anyone fighting the Clans is a brave effort oft-ruined by the hordes of pay-to-die "soldiers" that come from the rest of the Inner Sphere in leftover dribs and drabs.

Cut yourself a path away from the Clans, on the other side of Terra. Through the Lyrans or the Combine, it doesn't matter. Kurita is making a new home for it's people by carving it out of the Davions. You,too should preserve your nation by finding it new homes away from the Clan path of advance.

The Confederation has welcomed tired FRR units, who have covered themselves in glory and earned much-needed resources to refit and improve themselves. As neighbors, you would be far better ones than the senile Hanse and his merchant-wife alliance from the Commonwealth.

Escape the Clans, and recover in a new home- while we gladly welcome forces from the FRR, it is only right that a nation of Viking legacy have their own planets and rule. When the foolish nations who squabble amidst themselves are dealt with, the wiser heads will prevail- and we will finally be able to present a united front against a common enemy. The boots of Kerensky's vat-spawned abominations will be lifted from the necks of humanity.

The nations of the Concord see the Clans for what they are- not a opportunity to loose foolish ambition, but a danger to freedom and life itself. The Combine already looks down for it's new home, and I wish only good fortune to the escape of the Republic in a similar direction.

#2 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Indeed, follow Kurita's fine example.

#3 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Tearing the heart out of the Successor State who decided to strike at their backs?

Worthy of the skalds of old. The Free Worlds League is a wiser ally than the fat Lyrans in any case.

#4 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

I'm so waiting so see Damon Howe's response...this is gonna be good!

#5 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:39 PM

I don't know of this Damon..

Posted Image

But, to me, it looks like Gordie approves.

#6 fiskarsmurfen

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 31 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationStockholm

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Thank you for the kind offer. Having just returned from the Confederation I am very grateful to the hospitality you showed us, and the high-pay contracts against House Davion certainly helped too! With that said, I fear that there is no escape from the Clan threat. They have repeatedly stated their intention to indoctrinate all of us in their ways. What do you think will happen when the FRR is no more and the Clans reach Terra?
They will not stop until we accept them as our overlords. They think we will just stand down when they reach Terra, but when they realize this isn't the case they will continue their conquest.
While this is happening, the Concord and the Federated Commonwealth continues to fight eachother instead of focusing on this new threat that we have already stated will not stop until they have all of the Inner Sphere.
I will not abandon my home, for if I do, your home will be next. It should be in the best interest of the Concord to aid the FRR in any way possible. The clans are not unbeatable, the Skjaldborg has beaten them time and again.
But we lack numbers to retake and defend our worlds at the same time. Lend your strength to ours, divided we fall, but if we were to unite we would push these invaders back to where they came from.

Edited by fiskarsmurfen, 30 January 2015 - 04:51 PM.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostHarathan, on 30 January 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Do you not understand the reason HK units have stopped wasting time dropping on our Clan front? Need someone else to spell it out for you?

Trying to defend our clan front is a WASTE of time at this point. If you haven't figured that out yet that there's no helping you.

#8 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Successor State who decided to strike at their backs?

You're referring to how Kurita decided to strike at the backs of Davion while we were fighting Marik and Liao, yes? Since Davion basically stopped attacking Kurita while they were fighting CSJ, this must be what you're referring to.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 January 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

Do you not understand the reason HK units have stopped wasting time dropping on our Clan front? Need someone else to spell it out for you?

Trying to defend our clan front is a WASTE of time at this point. If you haven't figured that out yet that there's no helping you.

I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve with my post which was so obviously a joke it included a clip of Monty Python?

Edited by Harathan, 30 January 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#9 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

While this is happening, the Concord and the Federated Commonwealth continues to fight eachother instead of focusing on this new threat that we have already stated will not stop until they have all of the Inner Sphere.

The Davions decided that it would be wiser to try and devour half of our nation and then chew on the Combine for good measure, leaving us no choice.

We'll put down the rabid Fedrats before they bite again, the better to turn our attention towards the Clans. Davion has been a master of blind ambition, treachery, and greed- and our hands have been forced. You, too have suffered from the Davionist allies in the Commonwealth, though the pain has not been so great.

The Combine has ever been a friend to the Republic. They are our friends, as well. Bring your people out of the Clan wilderness, forge a new nation from the broken shards of the old FRR- and the rich pigs of Lyran extraction who have used your nation as a shield, profiting all the way.

Then, we who are willing to put the arguments between Houses to rest can get to work cleansing the toxic chemical genespills from your homelands. But not until the fool's marriage of Davion and Steiner is broken. Only then will we all be safe from treachery on our borders while we make war upon the worst of enemies.

#10 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

But not until the fool's marriage of Davion and Steiner is broken.

House Marik continues to strive to put a physical divide between them :D

#11 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

Still cheaper than the divorce lawyer.

You should be thanking us.

#12 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

We are taking Steiner/Commonwealth Territory along with Kurita. :ph34r: (Mostly Steiner territory).

#13 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:13 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 January 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Tearing the heart out of the Successor State who decided to strike at their backs?

Worthy of the skalds of old. The Free Worlds League is a wiser ally than the fat Lyrans in any case.

HEY! WE'RE NOT FAT! Our Atlases are just husky...

#14 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:03 AM

View PostHarathan, on 30 January 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

You're referring to how Kurita decided to strike at the backs of Davion while we were fighting Marik and Liao, yes? Since Davion basically stopped attacking Kurita while they were fighting CSJ, this must be what you're referring to.

I'm sorry, did I hit a nerve with my post which was so obviously a joke it included a clip of Monty Python?

Ever notice its the Davions who are members of units who you never see on the CW battlefield that do the most talking?

#15 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

You guys are great at ad hominem attacks. Decent comebacks, not so much.

#16 mithril coyote

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 135 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:35 PM

No.

if the choice is to run away or to die then i choose to die. i choose to die on the worlds of my nation, fighting for the idea of the Free Rasalhague Republic. i will not run with my tail between my legs. the Rasalhague fell once, a victim of another seemingly overwhelming expansionist force. yet, even after we fell, we fought. we fought them for thirty years before they could claim actual victory, though they held our worlds. we fought them for Three Hundred Years, and won our freedom. we fought them when their own troops rebelled, and tried to burn our worlds. during those Three hundred years, we did not hold on because of great victories or immense military might. in fact, we had little. we fought because of the idea of Free Rasalhague. it is said those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it. but history repeats itself whether we learn or not. we fought and won once. we will do so again. even if it takes another three hundred years.

we will fight.

#17 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:56 PM

What's this "run away" business?

"Run away" would be fleeing to another Successor State and begging for shelter like some homeless vagrant.

Cut a path to freedom with sword and fire, give the people of the Republic somewhere they can rebuild away from the slavery of the Clans. If you would die, do so protecting those who are taking your people someplace safer. The Capellan people well understand the nature of such things, having lost much in our own time. We, too returned to claim what was ours.

Shelter your people from the storm with your blood if need be, but make sure there IS a home for them. Have you not seen Turtle Bay, covered with the blood of millions whose only crime was to not wish to be ruled by the Clans? There is no safety under the claw of the jaguar or the wing of the falcon, only planetary bombardment of civilian cities who rebel.

Take them to safety and freedom, or die knowing their ends will be as brave shadows burned into the walls of ruined cities. The Clans grow their own, obedient "people", and clearly do not care if they burn your precious "freebirth" children to ash to make room for their nightmares of science as they march to Terra, or afterwards.

#18 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:41 AM

Just dont worry to try. Kind, but useless. We are standing here as long as we have something to stand in.

Its mostly that i love the Republic and hate all tiranic rulers, so its the FRR or nothing at all, neither IS nor Clans.

We can give up and take breath from time to time, but rest assured that we are coming back in good shape again.

#19 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

I dont mind munching on Steiner. Seem to recall they did a peace treaty with the Clans early on. Soft, soft Steiners!

#20 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:48 AM

The FRR is fading....yes, the long defeat is hard. Let us stand in the final hours side by side with our shield-brothers and sisters. May the ground tremble at our approach, may the clanners wet their cockpits at the sight of us.
Drop with our shieldbrothers and shieldsisters, resolute until the last soldier falls....

Do not go gentle into that good night
Dylan Thomas, 1914 - 1953
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users