Unfair Mm And Lost Mc

34 replies to this topic

#1 Inferno86

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:42 AM

hi use a translator because my English is not very good, there is some special reason that in the last 24 hours I've done nothing but get out do not stop playing teams ******** and having the same victories and defeats have come to have +20 lost in a few hours and am on my way to lose enough mc tournament

yesterday did not stop to get out with 8 teams also members of the same clan on the opposing team, between yesterday and today most crushing defeats games 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, really thank you very much for cause me discomfort and anxiety, wasting my time and lose MC enough for this dirty and disgusting **** MM

#2 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:45 AM

Yeah, after getting 8 0:12 defeats in a row yesterday evening with ultra low damage I stopped playing aswell. Something seems broken. :(

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:48 AM

It's a event. You're even lucky they're offering you this oppertunity to earn some MC. if you can get at least 7 assists in a match, you're good to go. If you still can't, find some good players to drop with. then maybe you can get some MC ~ Scout Derek

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:49 AM

It is always the team... ...right? :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Here is a helpful advice from a guy who had seen hell before getting to Gold Elo in LoL. If you get...let's say 3 really bad games in a row, stop playing. Do something else until your mood improves. Then get back to it. Simply grinding for the sake of grinding leeches out the fun factor, and makes the whole experience much more unsavory than it actually is. Which will affect your performance and attitude in future games.

Edited by El Bandito, 31 January 2015 - 01:55 AM.

#5 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

If you really need the 10 cents you get per match, I'm sure someone can loan you that money.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

At certain hours of teh day I am a really good player. After about 9PM My time (-5 GST) I find that the better players come on line. It may not be the MM, it may be the time you play in. :huh:

#7 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

Join an active team, get on there team speak and make some friends. Drop with 4 e-friends for pug goodness. With only four friends that are communication you can generally win teh team over to at least be of some help. But honestly this challenge is very easy to get the money. Just strafe the group for 6 assist and do some damage.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:03 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

At certain hours of teh day I am a really good player. After about 9PM My time (-5 GST) I find that the better players come on line. It may not be the MM, it may be the time you play in. :huh:

I wait until the Aussies are on-line to play my Lurmboats. They get the "Missile incoming" warning 0.3 second too late. ;)

#9 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

All but the crappiest of Invasion mode matches will assure you get 20 MC for it, so if you're so concerned then try playing Invasion instead.

#10 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

You could actually got to work, work for an hour then use that money to buy MC and you would come out 23 hours ahead.

Its approximately 10 cents per qualifying match.

#11 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

It's often this exact scenario for a large number of video games. I have to determine "prime time" when the tryhards aren't on, but the decent, relaxed players are.

Edit: Let me clarify "tryhard" as that idiot munchkin who yells at everyone for "screwing up", and fun is nonexistent for him, even though he's the guy in the laserless gauss Jager.

Edited by Techorse, 31 January 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#12 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostTechorse, on 31 January 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

It's often this exact scenario for a large number of video games.  I have to determine "prime time" when the tryhards aren't on, but the decent, relaxed players are.

Edit: Let me clarify "tryhard" as that idiot munchkin who yells at everyone for "screwing up", and fun is nonexistent for him, even though he's the guy in the laserless gauss Jager.
...or the missile boat whining for locks when the other team has 4 ECM mechs...

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 31 January 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

...or the missile boat whining for locks when the other team has 4 ECM mechs...

Yeah... That would definitely qualify for a tryhard as well. :lol:

#14 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Are you complaining about team play?
That's new.

In other news, this challenge has been quite easy for PUG play, about 90% of my games qualify for the MC prize.

#15 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

The biggest travesty of Elo/MM is making you wait up to 1.5 minutes for a match, 80 seconds to drop, only to be a part of a stomp one way or another. All to make sure you "are matched with players of equal skill."

Really, then why is it a stomp 80% of the time?

Again, playing queues with less than 20% on busy times. Should be instant match finding.

Edited by KodiakGW, 31 January 2015 - 07:39 AM.

#16 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 31 January 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

The biggest travesty of Elo/MM is making you wait up to 1.5 minutes for a match, 80 seconds to drop, only to be a part of a stomp one way or another. All to make sure you "are matched with players of equal skill."

Really, then why is it a stomp 80% of the time?

Again, playing queues with less than 20% on busy times. Should be instant match finding.

Oh dear... 80 whole seconds? What a HUGE waste of time that was!

And the Match Maker "tries" to match us with players of equal skill. Tries. But if there are 24 players of equal skill on both teams and 2 players run into ONE opponent, what should happen? And now that this one player is dead 3 players can gang up on another straggler. and now there are two 2 on 1 scenarios. Attrition ruins all the MM attempts to balance teh match.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 31 January 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#17 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 January 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Oh dear... 80 whole seconds? What a HUGE waste of time that was

Math my friend. 90 seconds searching + 80 seconds to launch = almost 3 minutes for a game that lasts 6 minutes at the most. Means 1/3 of my casual 2-3 hours of gaming time is spent doing other stuff while MWO is in the background.

Oh, and BTW, I just spent over 2 minutes in queue, with a medium at 17%, with all three game modes checked, to find another stomp while composing this post.

Edited by KodiakGW, 31 January 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#18 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:29 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 31 January 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Math my friend. 90 seconds searching + 80 seconds to launch = almost 3 minutes for a game that lasts 6 minutes at the most. Means 1/3 of my casual 2-3 hours of gaming time is spent doing other stuff while MWO is in the background.

Oh, and BTW, I just spent over 2 minutes in queue, with a medium at 17%, to find another stomp while composing this post.

Still not seeing the problem with your complaint. May be that I am just more patient than you are. 90 seconds of search is hardly a blip, another 80 seconds not even a yawn. 20 minutes of down time for 40 minutes of playing... 1/3 of every day is spend doing nothing(ie sleep).

#19 Lexx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 740 posts
  • LocationSlung below a mech's arm shooting nothing but dirt

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostInferno86, on 31 January 2015 - 01:42 AM, said:

hi use a translator because my English is not very good, there is some special reason that in the last 24 hours I've done nothing but get out do not stop playing teams ******** and having the same victories and defeats have come to have +20 lost in a few hours and am on my way to lose enough mc tournament

yesterday did not stop to get out with 8 teams also members of the same clan on the opposing team, between yesterday and today most crushing defeats games 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, really thank you very much for cause me discomfort and anxiety, wasting my time and lose MC enough for this dirty and disgusting **** MM

You're looking at it wrong. You aren't losing MC, you're just not gaining as much as you could with more qualifying wins. It's not like you started with 2000 MC and you lose 20 MC for every match that didn't qualify. Some people seem to feel so entitled these days that if you give them free stuff (even stuff that costs real money), they complain because they don't think they are getting enough free stuff or because they have to play the game to get it.

I had a 6 kill match during this "tournament", but because I only had 2 assists, I scored a 127. That was pretty frustrating, but I press on for the matches that do qualify.

Also it's customary when quoting the score to list your score first. So it was 0-12, 1-11, 2-10. Unless your team won all those matches (but I think you are complaining because you lost).

Edited by Lexx, 31 January 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#20 Wolfwood592

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 505 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:44 AM

I always swap my weight class up every few matches (2-4).

Seems to give me a much better % of W/L

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users