Mwo Requires A Total Re Vamp

Balance BattleMechs

24 replies to this topic

#1 RAAMC

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:53 AM

Where shall I start? Oh and no this not a rant, just observation, from a casual gamer how has played this for several months ad has done most things including running a KF ECM 3 AMS.

Game Balance = BROKEN!

Case in point:

100 to 50 ton mech are out run and in some cases out gunned by a 25 to 35 ton mechs
Light mechs should only be able to MOUNT LIGHT Weapons! That’s why they are called LIGHT MECHS! Oh I am a light mech but I can mount and use 2 PPCs!!

Medium mechs shoul…. Oh you know.

Light mechs should be able to move faster and carry more and different electronic equipment, just like a scout.

I have seen a light mech at more than 1000 meters under ECM and not within visual range take out a WHK Prime! That my friends is FUBAR On more than a few occasions this has happened.

Weapon Systems = BROKEN!

The largest weapons in the game are available for the lightest mechs, yes that’s
The Largest mechs in the game can mount the largest weapons but are unable to use them effectively, you guessed it FR

Game Reward = BROKEN!

“Work as a team and you will be rewarded” however you have to get more kills than others to get that reward! That’s FUBAR Team work in most games is simply MISSING and FU if you get in the way we will shoot through you!

Friendly Fire = BROKEN!

Oh I am shagging about in game and shooting my team in the back ohhh its fun 
FUBAR

TKing game play needs to penalise TKers

Game Events = BROKEN!

All that happens is idiots run around and get killed faster and others just wade in with Game Hacks to get the almighty win, NO TEAM PLAY, NO FUN, FUBAR

Wait Times, maps, choice of team and auto team = BROKEN!

For a casual gamer the game is fine for about 3 months, then it get OLD very quickly.

Thanks for the fun, but basically the game is Call of Duty with ok graphics, but not as many players.

I do have to say that most of the player base are good people! However quite a few are using 3rd party software to achieve an advantage.

Please no reply’s I will not be here to see them.

#2 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Bush Hopper, 31 January 2015 - 02:13 AM.

#3 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

I give you 4 meme urbanmechs out of 5.

#4 The Massive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 331 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

None of that is true. Not one little bit.

#5 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:26 AM

No one cares about observations of a random puggie seeking refuge and understanding by crying and complaining about things he sees as broken.

Are you a game designer good sir? Have you even thought about few things before creating such a useless and whinny (one of many) topics, where a puggy and F2P gamer goes ranting about what needs to be changed.

Light killing warhawk? HAve you thought tha the warhawk was one shot CT? Or that he wasnt focused by that light only? Point of perspective is very important in this game. You can have one Kit FOx shooting your CT, whiler having 2 double gauss Direwolves in backround all shooting you at the same time? And ou dont even realize it?

Weapon balance broken? Light being able to take largest weapons? Battletech? Nothing? MWO is not created universe, some laws must be obeyed.

Game rewards broken? Ofcourse when you rush in like a moron, get focused and killed in a matter of seconds, get 1 match score, and you complain about harder access to CBills and XPs for noobs? Sorry man L2P.

Everything is broken! OMG! This is not FPS! This is not CALL OF DUTY! THIS GAME IS SO BROKE!

Erm... go play Call of Duty pls, non of MW series were ever pure FPS. You dont like? Go play Tribes Asscend, its for free and its FPS.

I highly suggest you remove this topic, and never speak of it again, or you might face a counter of negativity aimed at you.

My point. You have no Fekin idea what you are talking about. Please stop.

Edited by MechB Kotare, 31 January 2015 - 02:33 AM.

#6 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

there are so many things FUBAR about this post I'm not going to waste my time with this.
1/10 coconut monkey bobble heads.

#7 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:38 AM

"Light mechs should only be able to MOUNT LIGHT Weapons! That’s why they are called LIGHT MECHS! Oh I am a light mech but I can mount and use 2 PPCs!!"

Stopped reading here.

#8 ztac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:56 AM

To do proper game balancing you have to be good at maths and have oodles of common sense! Now here is the question ... 'does PGI have these?' , all answers on a postcard please!

#9 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

OP broke the #1 rule of the mwomercs forum.

Never go full reetard QQ.

If by "broken", you mean "severely flawed", then a lot of people would agree with this.
  • Game balance is broken: Apart from your silly argument about light weapons on light mechs, you're right about this. MWO lacks a coherent vision about the function of light, medium, heavy and assault mechs. Are they supposed to be equally powerful? Are they rock, paper, scissors? Are 100 ton mechs endgame? MWO falls between three chairs and in this sense, game balance is broken.
  • Weapon systems broken: Again, many people would agree with you, but for entirely different reasons. Light mechs have always been able to carry big weapons, both in TT and earlier MW titles. Look up the Adder. So forget that part. But ask people what they think about ghost heat, convergence, heat sinks, TTK, pinpoint accuracy, LRMs and you'll get a lot of discontent.
  • Game reward broken. A lot of people agree with this, for different reasons. Damage and kills is what pays more. Scouts and support mechs don't get paid enough. LRM boating is easy money in the underhive. C-bill nerfs have gone too far and the grind is too damn hard. Even Vassago Rain, who poked fun at you above, has gone and talked about how the reward system is broken in other threads. It's fairly easy to just steal kills and ignore teamplay for the sake of individual profit.
  • Friendly fire broken. Kind of. The simple solutions suggested by fans, such as a vocal warning from Betty when you're hitting teammates or the ability to see the amount of FF after each match have been ignored. TKers do get penalized, but it's rather silly that I have to send an e-mail to report every individual incident in 2015.
  • Game events. There is a lot of grief about challenges and tournaments, but I do think most of the players are happy that we now have semi-weekly events. I do think they're slowly improving too, albeit at a glacial pace. I certainly don't enjoy most of them.
  • Maps broken. Many players agree that most maps in this game have serious issues at best. I personally think most of them are fundamentally flawed in their design. Some of them look very pretty, but they all tend to lead to predictable gameplay. A lot of bottlenecks and 50-70% of the maps almost never see any action at all. In the case of Alpine, it's more like 95%.
  • Match making, CW queue, etc. Same as above. Many people agree there are issues.
If you'd just toned down your post a bit and removed some of the baseless arguments about light mech weapons, maybe more people would agree with you. But you went too far, you went full QQ.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 31 January 2015 - 05:05 AM.

#10 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:52 AM

Yet another reason we need a STRONG DISLIKE button, Yes there is a bunch that is broken but there is a bunch that is good.

Thanks for the morning funny read now I'm just going to go and try to port DE_DUST 2 into MWO so we have popular maps.

#11 employee24601

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 176 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

LOL

#12 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostStraferX, on 31 January 2015 - 05:52 AM, said:

Thanks for the morning funny read now I'm just going to go and try to port DE_DUST 2 into MWO so we have popular maps.

lol

Actually, that would be quite cool. :ph34r:

#13 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Wait, so let me get this straight.

OP has just one post to his name. This guy created his account JUST to post this.

And it's effectively a thread claiming lights are OP because they can mount "non-light weapons", or in other words, they're not useless like they were in Mechwarrior 4 because anything less than a large laser sucked there.

Spoiler

Edited by Techorse, 31 January 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#14 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hey scrub, run a locust and tell me how %#%@ing OP it is, yeah?

#15 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

Say what? A total revamp? Uh no. You have some valid points, but not enough to start from scratch. The game has improved immensely and since you've only been playing a few months you don't realize that.

#16 Ratpoison

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

As a light pilot, the massive amount of tears coming from the first post makes me smile.

*smile smile*

#17 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

Move on, nothing to see here just another silly.........
CALL OF DUTY nOOb.
Posted Image

#18 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

To the OP...

Panther
Urbanmech

Look em up, tell us again how Light Mechs aren't supposed to use big guns.

One of my most vicious and successful killers of Assaults in TT play was a 30 ton IS Mech that was outfitting with nothing but MGuns, the biggest possible engine, half armor, and 12 JJ. Jump in behind target, unload all the MGuns into the rear armor, see target die. Next turn, repeat. Until I ran into a Warhammer who happened to flip his arms and core me with his PPCs, that little bugger was THE highest killing Mech in our game for a long long time. And I designed that Mech years before the Clans were created, always thought FASA owed me for the Pirhana concept...oh well.

#19 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

Oh ya not here.....good.
GOOD!.

#20 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Wait... you aren't complaining about Firestarters by chance, are you? The FS9-A is one of the currently undisputed kings of light mechs and it mounts the smallest energy weapons in the game (I don't count flamers... they're not really supposed to work on mechs anyways)

Sure, a Raven can pack two ERLL and tickle you from 1000m while under ECM, but have you ever tried actually shooting a light mech, or is your aim just that bad? The vast majority of RVN-3L pilots have a nasty habit is sitting completely still while they snipe you from a distance. If you can get a bead on them, they pop very easily.

Also, I second everything that Alistair said. All the points you bring up are valid concerns, but your presentation is mindless and worthless. Nobody listens to raging QQ'ers, they're looking for legitimate constructive and intelligently organised feedback.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users