I Personally Think Heavies Can Make Great Lrm Boats But...

BattleMechs

15 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

Hey, remember this thread I made?
http://mwomercs.com/...t-lrm-boats-but

I did not think I would find someone who can out dumb this guy, but I did--and it was bad!

Blew a vein at this guy's derp build. At least Clan LRMs can do damage within 180 meters...

Posted Image

If he only had a couple of Mlasers we would have won this. I had 4 kills this match too. :(

Edited by El Bandito, 31 January 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#2 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

I hate to nitpick, but you went through the trouble of blanking out the gentleman's name in the spectator pane, but not in the lance pane.

Edited by Haji1096, 31 January 2015 - 06:34 AM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostHaji1096, on 31 January 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

I hate to nitpick, but you went through the trouble of blanking out the gentleman's name in the spectator pane, but not in the lance pane.

What are you talking about? ;)

#4 Haji1096

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 339 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

I guess I was right but only for a moment.

Much like life.

#5 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

I have this problem, but it's with Jager pilots who refuse to bring even 1 medium laser, then blame ME for not clutching the match when they run out of ammo like a potato.

But yeah, this guy should trade the LRM20 for some more mediums, ammo, and maybe a TAG. BAP if it's not in there.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 January 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

Hey, remember this thread I made?
http://mwomercs.com/...t-lrm-boats-but

I did not think I would find someone who can out dumb this guy, but I did--and it was bad!

Blew a vein at this guy's derp build. At least Clan LRMs can do damage within 180 meters...

Posted Image

If he only had a couple of Mlasers we would have won this. I had 4 kills this match too. :(

Always try to have a back up weapons!

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 31 January 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#7 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:52 AM

@Techorse
Hey, when I run out of ammo in my Jager it means I've done 800-1000+ damage. So not my fault if we lose then ^_^

If they've done tons of work already that match, they can be frustrated with their teammates.. so long as its only with teammates who didn't help quite so much.

#8 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

View PostGamuray, on 31 January 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

@Techorse
Hey, when I run out of ammo in my Jager it means I've done 800-1000+ damage. So not my fault if we lose then ^_^

If they've done tons of work already that match, they can be frustrated with their teammates.. so long as its only with teammates who didn't help quite so much.

Adding just one medium laser means an infinite damage ceiling though! Think of the possibilities! :P

#9 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:19 AM

Well, I'm trying to get past the "wtf is wrong with you?!" when i see sh.. like this. Yesterday saw a TBT-7M with just two aLRM15's. I think...no...I *know* we (myself included) need to get past the anger and realize that yes...this person probably...maybe...doesn't know wtf is going on....If this guy had 1TAG and 1ML, we probably wouldn't see this thread. Sure he might still be a colossal f... up newb, and have no chance of saving anyone's win, probably didn't know the quickest path to the middle, etc...

Also since I have my 2k MC on this acct, I'm running one of my alts to get some more MC on that one. It's funny because what works in a lower elo pool definitely doesn't work in a higher elo pool. Like that ON1-V...maybe...So probably what happens is that guy was getting decent (enough) results to the point he's getting bumped up little by little until he's that frog getting boiled (in this case, kinda literally)

I think for our own (ok *my* own) sanity, we need to change our mindset from "this f'ing noob scrub" to something more akin to pity. Hopefully dude will remember being in the spotlight, and that having a ML (or two) might have turned him into a hero instead of a scrub.

14 hrs left available for dime-grinding! xD

#10 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:41 AM

OK, well I just tried to figure out what he was running in Smurfy.

I'm guessing he is using an XL300 given that a STD leaves only 4.5 tons for ammo after the launchers (he has more), and the top speed is the tweaked 300 rating's.

So with the XL, he has 14 tons free. Can't tell if he has BAP or more heatsinks, but he had plenty of room for some ammo (6 tons gives 1080 missiles) and some backup guns.

#11 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

I have 2 mechs with no real energy backup weapons. One is an LRM40 Adder (I don't consider the hardmounted flamer a "real" weapon), the other the CN9-AH (not even an option).

I mean, if you want to boat LRMs, fine, you do that. It can work. Don't do it often myself, as I prefer something a little more visceral. But if you are going to boat LRMs, at least have 2xML (preferably 4xML) to defend yourself under 180 meters. Hell, my ALRM50 BLR-1S packs 4xML, it's just enough firepower to scare off a frisky light or finished a badly damaged opponent late in the match.

#12 Wrathful Scythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 715 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:36 AM

The other day I (almost) 1on1'd a Stormcrow with 5 SSRM6 in my Raven... He didn't stand a chance against my jesusbox. :lol:

I cringe everytime when I see those stu.....imperfect builds. If PGI ever decides to do a tutorial (a real one), they should definitely give hints about building a proper mech. There are not many new players. I'm sure the MWO playbase consists mostly of veterans. If we go on Steam with this game then we need proper tutorials and proper guides for any new player, because MWO is not easy to get into.

The reason I mention Steam? Steam is and will be the only option for MWO to get a significant amount of new players. And it will be the time, where we see an inflation of builds like that.

#13 Oberost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Beat this...

Posted Image

I came across this guy twice in a row a week ago (and both times in my team). I really like LRM boating, but this is insane.

#14 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

View PostOberost, on 31 January 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

Beat this...

Posted Image

I came across this guy twice in a row a week ago (and both times in my team). I really like LRM boating, but this is insane.

Holy carp, ALRM40 on a KGC? What a waste. I've seen people boat LRMs on the KGC before (seen one guy get results out of 4xLRM15/4xML), and it always seems a waste, but this? Dude got beaned by the Good Idea Fairy hard.

#15 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

Ran across a 3smlas Firestarter last night. Shockingly, it had no effect whatsoever on the outcome of the three games I saw it in.

#16 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

Came to this thread to post LRM Crab screenshots.

Left even more depressed since Oberost beat me to it with a worse build than the one I saw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users