23 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

I doubt anyone use it and that nobody will ever use it with such a weight for nothing really usefull, unlike the Computer MK I from Clan with 2 tons less offer a lot more.

I would be curious to get the stats from PGI. Probably not a priority to finetune it anyway...

#2 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:38 AM

I never use it. Given how long it took for them to give it any purpose at all, I wouldn't be surprised if they never touched it again.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Maaaybe on a sniper mech that has 3 tons free it can be useful--like the TDR-9S. The +12% hud zoom means you do not have to equip advanced zoom module to see far. PIP sucks anyway. The +42.5% faster target info means I can spot the enemy's loadout and weakness that much faster and snipe accordingly.

Edited by El Bandito, 31 January 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

It's actually not quite as bad of a comparison as I was thinking, but let's be honest - nobody uses any of the Targeting Computers except the MK I (smallest). The IS version is closest to a MK III, I'd say, but the most useful stat (info gathering) is less than half of the Clan version. What Command Console needs is the added projectile speed and range increase bonuses for it to be worth taking.

Effect                                        TK Mk III    /    Command Console
Weight:                                                       3 tons              3 tons
Slots:                                                        3 slots             1 slot
Zoom distance:                                               +4.3%               +5.3%
Sensor range:                                                +4.3%               +6.0%
Time to gather target info:                                 -42.5%              -20.5%
Projectile weapon projectile speed:                          +8.5%                - - -
Beam weapon long ranges:                                     +8.5%                - - -
Beam weapon max ranges:                                      +8.5%                - - -
Increased crit chance for projectile and beam weapons:      +18.5%                - - -

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:06 AM

View PostRhialto, on 31 January 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

I doubt anyone use it and that nobody will ever use it with such a weight for nothing really usefull, unlike the Computer MK I from Clan with 2 tons less offer a lot more.

I would be curious to get the stats from PGI. Probably not a priority to finetune it anyway...

I use it Only when I am low on Crits and have a few extra tons.

#6 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:47 AM

I use it...granted usually only on laser boats where i've packed on as many heat sinks as I could, maxed everything else out like engine and armor, added AMS and BAP when I could, and then if I had left over tonnage I would get the Command Console. It's great for zoom when you don't like the Zoom Module. The Zoom Module takes some serious getting use to. The Command Module adds 12% and doesn't mess with your vision awareness like the Zoom Module.

A little tip with the zoom module: If you turn off the Hud, you still get the 4 zoom, but no window in window. Unfortunately you can't tell friend or foe but works great...

#7 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

View PostTarogato, on 31 January 2015 - 06:56 AM, said:

It's actually not quite as bad of a comparison as I was thinking, but let's be honest - nobody uses any of the Targeting Computers except the MK I (smallest). The IS version is closest to a MK III, I'd say, but the most useful stat (info gathering) is less than half of the Clan version. What Command Console needs is the added projectile speed and range increase bonuses for it to be worth taking.

What? The mechlab says the CC gives 42.5% faster targeting, just like the MKIII TC.

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 31 January 2015 - 08:07 AM.

#8 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

Oh I use it in my Stalkers mmmmmm.

#9 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

I tend to just overlook it tbh. I have a targeting computer or something in one of my clan mechs, mostly because I couldn't fit anything else due to the locked equipment.

#10 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:17 AM

I can see it being useful on LRM mechs when stacked with BAP, target range and advanced target decay. Stand on a hill and unless they have ECM, you're pretty much the Eye of Sauron.

#11 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:22 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 31 January 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

What? The mechlab says the CC gives 42.5% faster targeting, just like the MKIII TC.
Oh, did they buff it? Got the data from here: http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3442260

Apologies if outdated.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:57 AM

I've got the CC on 2 of my mechs. Partly because I didn't know what else to do with the available tonnage/crits, partly because I wanted to test it out. It's hard to say if it's worth it or not.

As a side note, I do use some of the larger TCs, as well. Mostly on the Gargoyle, it needs those beam durations as short as I can get them without seriously compromising cooling. Makes it easier to do damage while on the move, and movement is the closest thing Gargoyle has to a strength.

#13 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:58 AM

I think the only problem with it (and I may be wrong, haven't touched the thing since I ripped it out of my Atlas) is that not every IS mech can use it, right?

#14 PurpleNinja

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationMIA

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 31 January 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

I think the only problem with it (and I may be wrong, haven't touched the thing since I ripped it out of my Atlas) is that not every IS mech can use it, right?

Yep, it's tied to assault class head slot.

#15 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:23 AM

Breaking core rules/lore here but if they made a CC for each weight class with reduced effect the lower it goes, I think it would help a lot.

Lights -> 1.5 tons
Mediums -> 2.0 tons
Heavies -> 2.5 tons

Each would still be 1 crit slot but provide a smaller return the lower the weight class. Not by a huge amount, but some.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 31 January 2015 - 11:24 AM.

#16 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

If I have the extra c-bills lying around and a build that can fit it (I do not often use huge weapons anyways) I will add a Command Console to my 'Mechs.
Currently my Protector and STK-4N both have one, the latter of which I completely forgot about until I saw my zoom at just a bit more than 2x. XD

#17 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

I missle boat with it.......

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

It's still a Legacy Feature for the most part.

#19 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

I try to find space for it if I am minmaxing my sensors out - BAP, adv sensor mod, command mod.

Otherwise, I make room for AMS instead, and like most here it seems, I only throw it on if my other slots are full and I need to use up 3 tons. It makes the slot shortage hurt less.

But as a newbie I wonder if being "slots full & 3 tons short" indicates a bad mech loadout?

Edited by Fenrisulvyn, 31 January 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#20 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

View PostPurpleNinja, on 31 January 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Yep, it's tied to assault class head slot.

Heavies or assaults.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users